IGNORED

Have you seen City in the top division?

Eddie Hitler

City in the top league / John Atyeo  

172 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Started going down the Gate in '67, so I was fortunate enough to see many of the Div 1 games and some of the Anglo Scottish cup games as well !!!!

One Tony Fitzpatrick comes to mind, who we signed after he played for St Mirren against us !  He was a crab like footballer, sideways ,backwards, never acheived really.   

One Tony Fitzpatrick comes to mind, who we signed after he played for St Mirren against us !  He was a crab like footballer, sideways ,backwards, never acheived really.   

ah, yes, Tony....was trying to remember his first name.  Knew it wasn't Paul!

His warm used to consist of doing drag backs in a circle....bit like the way he played the game proper!

Was on the pitch with my dad after we clinched promotion against Pompey. Magic day at Highbury for first game in Division 1, but sadly also at White Hart Lane for final game. We will be back!

l was also at the Spurs game, 0-0 it ended up if I remember correctly. Still got the programme.

BCFC2 001.jpg

BCFC1 001.jpg

alan hay and Geoff merrick

Rodgers didn't play

who else didn't play, or did we play twelve?

Tottenham used to bug me with their numbers, 6 Right Back, 3 Centre Half, 2 Left Back, 5 centre Mid.  I was burn in 1970, did they always do this with their numbers?

I remember going to Tottenham away in the first season (76/77), which was a relegation battle, I think Keith Fear scored our goal. It was a dreadful match, we hardly had a shot till right near the end then pinched the points. It was on MOTD although the highlights didn't last very long. I think Spurs finished bottom that season and were relegated whereas we just escaped at that famous last match at Coventry.

It's topics like this that remind you how lucky you are to be a football fan....after all we're still in the minority in this city ( as are most supprters for that matter...)

Imagine waking up on a Saturday morning in the 70's and NOT going to the gate or whichever ground had the dubious pleasure of our company that day ! It doesn't bear thinking about...

Thanks for starting this little trip down memory lane !

Yup, vs ManUre (my first game), 1-1, that little ****** Macari scored for them, then Dave "Man Mountain" Ro(d)gers scored for us (although that may be utter toss, my memory's not great).  That was it, I was forever red.  Loved it.  Schoolboy enclosure in front of the Dolman, was only 8-9 years old or so.

Later saw us beaten by Liverpool, 3-1.

Both games taught me to hate plastic ManUre and Scouse fans who've never been to the North West of England in their lives.  But also to love Bristol City, the fans, AG, and going to games <<wipes away tear>>

Archived