IGNORED

FINE! If nobody else is gonna do it...

Ben4BCFC

Amberley is probably the most dull place on the planet. Colossal middle-of-nowhere shitehole.

You're joking right?

It's got some great views and countryside and lovely houses.

I often go to the Black horse their on a weekend....stunning views of this green and pleasant land.

I should imagine the Beckhams want something quiet and secluded and 'dull' after being in the spotlight 24/7. I know I would.

His daily life imho, must be a nightmare....apart from the trappings and money, I wouldn't want his fame or profile.

I remember sitting with Shane Warne for an afternoon chatting at an Australia v Bangladesh ODI. It is the weirdest feeling being stared at constantly, and people just coming up constantly asking for autographs or pics. Some of the questions asked are quiet pathetic....people think they know these 'celebs' because they are in the media, but they honestly don't have a clue. Mostly grown men too....

It must be ten times worse for Beckham.

I'm sure there are multi millionaires that read this forum....and they will know money doesn't buy you happiness.

I experienced the multi millionaire lifestyle for four years with an ex. Lived in a house similar to what the Beckhams are looking at....it was more trouble than it was worth.

Sam Allardyce wanted to buy it but she wouldn't sell.

People thought I was mad when I left her....but I've never been happier having a 'normal' life again.

Can get to drink with my mates and watch the City now too :-)

You're joking right?

I often go to the Black horse their on a weekend....stunning views of this green and pleasant land.

I should imagine the Beckhams want something quiet and secluded and 'dull' after being in the spotlight 24/7. I know I would.

His daily life imho, must be a nightmare....apart from the trappings and money, I wouldn't want his fame or profile.

I remember sitting with Shane Warne for an afternoon chatting at an Australia v Bangladesh ODI. It is the weirdest feeling being stared at constantly, and people just coming up constantly asking for autographs or pics. Some of the questions asked are quiet pathetic....people think they know these 'celebs' because they are in the media, but they honestly don't have a clue. Mostly grown men too....

I'm sure there are multi millionaires that read this forum....and they will know money doesn't buy you happiness.

I experienced the multi millionaire lifestyle for four years with an ex. Lived in a house similar to what the Beckhams are looking at....it was more trouble than it was worth.

People thought I was mad when I left her....but I've never been happier having a 'normal' life again.

People thought I was mad when I left her....

and they still do   ;)

You're joking right?

I suppose it's more for them. I don't get the attraction of having to drive miles to go shopping.  There is a nice tearoom, I'll give you that.

Amberley is probably the most dull place on the planet. Colossal middle-of-nowhere shitehole.

That's one for Havana's match day thread - if we ever get to play Amberley:shocking:

I suppose it's more for them. I don't get the attraction of having to drive miles to go shopping.  There is a nice tearoom, I'll give you that.

Shopping? jeez give me strength, it's a fantastic location and if I had that sort of money etc...Yep there is no shopping Mall's there are no McDonald's but you do have the River Frome, the old Mills and of course Tetbury and even Malmesbury not far away, forget Cam all it has to offer is a white goods discount shop, and is merely a pass through to Tetbury. Nailsworth is odd though, bit like a mix of the rich and famous combined with the poor folk who live on the hill (FGR not Amberley), and the 'Town' is full of tea shops and folk who flog herbal tea and crystals, like a poor man's Totnes I guess.

I did think that Becks might make a guest appearance for us or two, would at least ensure some good service for old Wibs, he wouldn't have to stretch much.  But more than likely strike a deal with that *nob that is FGR owner, with his Green Machine company, why not he flogged Herbalife.

Whatever though, it's gonna bring the neighbourhood down.

Shopping? jeez give me strength, it's a fantastic location and if I had that sort of money etc...Yep there is no shopping Mall's there are no McDonald's but you do have the River Frome, the old Mills and of course Tetbury and even Malmesbury not far away, forget Cam all it has to offer is a white goods discount shop, and is merely a pass through to Tetbury. Nailsworth is odd though, bit like a mix of the rich and famous combined with the poor folk who live on the hill (FGR not Amberley), and the 'Town' is full of tea shops and folk who flog herbal tea and crystals, like a poor man's Totnes I guess.

I did think that Becks might make a guest appearance for us or two, would at least ensure some good service for old Wibs, he wouldn't have to stretch much.  But more than likely strike a deal with that *nob that is FGR owner, with his Green Machine company, why not he flogged Herbalife.

You, Sir, can go **** yourself

Aside from the Cam dig, and sucking up to Tetbury, all bang on. It's a lovely part of the world all around there. So what if you have to get in the car to go shopping, first world problems, there are far more important things in life to worry yourself about

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

@Woodsy Pick EE out the stingers....... 

You, Sir, can go **** yourself

Aside from the Cam dig, and sucking up to Tetbury, all bang on. It's a lovely part of the world all around there. So what if you have to get in the car to go shopping, first world problems, there are far more important things in life to worry yourself about

Knew that would get a response from you, but come on what can I say about Cam that would want folk to stop off there? Unless of course they might want a dented fridge.

Admit Tetbury bias, lived there for 18 years.

But just too far from anywhere.

And worst of all full of plastic Man U down the Priory.

Knew that would get a response from you, but come on what can I say about Cam that would want folk to stop off there? Unless of course they might want a dented fridge.

Crickey that is a long time ago.... they have moved twice since then!!

But opposite that shop, and the bloke who owns it is a complete bell, by the way - is the BA. Spent many hours in there learning how to drink!

It's the countryside in Cam, I grew up near Cam Peak. It's beautiful, didn't appreciate it as a kid, but I can't think of anywhere else I'd rather be. Unfortunately, Mrs Woodsy likes the city lifestyle. Been in Glos for 5 years, I'll never get used to it

Crickey that is a long time ago.... they have moved twice since then!!

Yep it was when Blackburn were tearing up the Prem, used to go down and watch most of the Sky matches. 

The local garage mechanics used to be City...I worked in Matbro for a bit, and drove for Northfield just because I like nice cars. Also worked for Proqual in sales, and started a landscaping business, happy days, great town.

But opposite that shop, and the bloke who owns it is a complete bell, by the way - is the BA. Spent many hours in there learning how to drink!

It's the countryside in Cam, I grew up near Cam Peak. It's beautiful, didn't appreciate it as a kid, but I can't think of anywhere else I'd rather be. Unfortunately, Mrs Woodsy likes the city lifestyle. Been in Glos for 5 years, I'll never get used to it

I know Woodsy, love it all around there, still home for me, as much as Bristol is.

Yep it was when Blackburn were tearing up the Prem, used to go down and watch most of the Sky matches. 

The local garage mechanics used to be City...I worked in Matbro for a bit, and drove for Northfield just because I like nice cars. Also worked for Proqual in sales, and started a landscaping business, happy days, great town.

That would be the Hicks family who own Carcare.....

Archived