IGNORED

Half time pies

Aizoon

I had really bad indigestion last night after eating two pork pies at half time. OK, I bought them at the Co-op, but I ate them at the Gate. What I want to know is, what is the club going to do about it?

Not good enough, says I :( 

Perhaps they could contact the Electricity Board 

I did notice that they have 'sheep' pies for sale, then there's steak and ale - why not call it cow and ale for continuity? ;)

why is pig pork, cow beef, lamb lamb and chicken chicken? I'll tell you, it's because no one on this planet has an effing clue what they're doing

We generally do not eat cow, we eat bullock.

Incidentally on the Danny Baker show this morning the question was raised as to what animal produces beef. Cow and bull dictate the animal's sex and a bullock is a castrated bull. I didn't hear the answer but I think it is "cattle".

I'm sure OTIB has a resident farmer to clarify..........

why is pig pork, cow beef, lamb lamb and chicken chicken? I'll tell you, it's because no one on this planet has an effing clue what they're doing

I can actually answer that!

Pork and Beef are from the Norman French, because they're the ones that got to eat the meat. The Saxon peasants looked after the Pigs (OK Swine) and Cows (OK Kine).

On the other hand, the peasants did get to eat the Chickens after they'd finished laying - hence the expression "old boiler".

I stood in the queue last night and my lips were moist at the thought of a pie deal at a Fiver. Got to the till and was told ran out of pies but could have a sheep pie ( who does their marketing) So decided on a pasty and Bovril, even after producing my ST it came to over a fiver but was so hungry just agreed. Why dont we get a few of these guys on 'The Apprentice' and let Lord Sucrose sort em out. Sorry Guys but get Clarks in....pronto.:yawn:

I tend to  stick to the pasties, really nice. 

I've had some interesting conversations with staff. ....... The tills don't tally with the menu !  You can't have the meal deal it's not on the till, I'' have to do it manually etc etc. I think when it all calms down it will be good. 

The question that stumped us all last night was, how come when it was only the SS bars open we could get down from the Dolman and get a beer and back in time and last night with the Dolman bars open there was no time and the queues were too long.???

Nice to see they had bins, still need tables of some sort though.

Baffled by the "Quick Drinks" bar in the Dolman. Excellent idea, but the woman on the till had problems with decimal currency (I think that "back home" they count in octal), and the card reader didn't work with contactless (or at least the operators didn't know how to do it).

Baffled by the "Quick Drinks" bar in the Dolman. Excellent idea, but the woman on the till had problems with decimal currency (I think that "back home" they count in octal), and the card reader didn't work with contactless (or at least the operators didn't know how to do it).

Octal? Crikey, I've not heard that in years. You must be an ancient computer programmer...

I stood in the queue last night and my lips were moist at the thought of a pie deal at a Fiver. Got to the till and was told ran out of pies but could have a sheep pie ( who does their marketing) So decided on a pasty and Bovril, even after producing my ST it came to over a fiver but was so hungry just agreed. Why dont we get a few of these guys on 'The Apprentice' and let Lord Sucrose sort em out. Sorry Guys but get Clarks in....pronto.:yawn:

What I don't understand is all this obsession with pies bars and anything else that has got naff all to do with football. Sounds like some of you are more interested in eating and drinking than watching the footy!

I tend to  stick to the pasties, really nice. 

I've had some interesting conversations with staff. ....... The tills don't tally with the menu !  You can't have the meal deal it's not on the till, I'' have to do it manually etc etc. I think when it all calms down it will be good. 

The question that stumped us all last night was, how come when it was only the SS bars open we could get down from the Dolman and get a beer and back in time and last night with the Dolman bars open there was no time and the queues were too long.???

Nice to see they had bins, still need tables of some sort though.

And then I read this! 

Archived