IGNORED

Becky Watts murder trial...

Fordy62

7 minutes ago, cottsciderarmy said:

So the girl got 17 years so will be out in 9 as shes already served 6 months on remand.At which she will be 30 still, and probably be given a new identity and a flat somewhere paid for by the tax payer.

Can the sentence be appealed if it`s considered too lenient? Is that something for the CPS or Home Secretary? Not sure how it works but it has happened.

39 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

In my eyes, there's a massive difference between a barbaric act like those carried out by ISIS, and putting someone to death for all the hurt and suffering they have caused. Why should they continue to have a life, a roof over their heads, and the chance of one day having freedom again when they didn't give their victims that option? Plus the risk they pose to society if they ever were released?

In my opinion, he will either do himself in before long, or someone will see that he's not around much longer. I can't say i'd be bothered by either outcome.

You're absolutely correct, of course he doesn't deserve to continue to have a life, but the problem is, when it comes to the death penalty that is the completely wrong way to be looking at it. There are so many issues with the death penalty, that it simply isn't worth enforcing it, not to mention that it makes us just as barbaric and disgusting as the guy himself.

16 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Can the sentence be appealed if it`s considered too lenient? Is that something for the CPS or Home Secretary? Not sure how it works but it has happened.

Anyone can. Write to the DPP. Although I'd say it was there or there about for what she's been convicted of. 

They will both be segregated away from other prisoners for their own safety, and placed with like-minded people. I wouldn't be at all surprised if both were attacked inside.

They are a long way off a release date, yes she may 'only' be looking at 8 years or so, that is assuming she accepts her crime and shows remorse and is a model prisoner. And 8 years, still quite some stretch. Think back 8 years ago in your life, think you can't just go to work, visit your family, go on holiday, shopping, cinema FOOTBALL, pub etc. you may not have to pay bills or worry where your next meal comes from but it's no life if you haven't got mental or physical freedom.

I know this is going off topic but can anyone remember a murder hunt/trail in late 80s (I think) where the murderer hid the victims mini in a flat just opposite the Ashton court top entrance by rownham hill. He then also dumped the car keys in abotts pool if it recall correctly. It's really bugging me what the case was?

7 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

I know this is going off topic but can anyone remember a murder hunt/trail in late 80s (I think) where the murderer hid the victims mini in a flat just opposite the Ashton court top entrance by rownham hill. He then also dumped the car keys in abotts pool if it recall correctly. It's really bugging me what the case was?

Wasn`t the Shirley Banks case was it? John Cannon who was banged up for that had a flat at Leigh Woods. The police strongly suspected at the time that he was `Mr Kipper` who murdered Suzy Lamplugh as well.

34 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Wasn`t the Shirley Banks case was it? John Cannon who was banged up for that had a flat at Leigh Woods. The police strongly suspected at the time that he was `Mr Kipper` who murdered Suzy Lamplugh as well.

That's the one - thanks. Although only 7-8 I vividly remember the day they found the mini as they taped off the corner of the road by his flat. I'd never realised they found the body so much later on.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Cannan

11 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

That's the one - thanks. Although only 7-8 I vividly remember the day they found the mini as they taped off the corner of the road by his flat. I'd never realised they found the body so much later on.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Cannan

Yes. I took an interest in it because her body was found quite close to where we lived at the time. If ever there was someone you could happily describe as a sociopath it`s surely him.

9 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

They tend to be held somewhere until arrangements are made for their long term accommodation. 

I'd like to imagine it's like the opening scene of Shawshank myself 

22 hours ago, RedM said:

I know in past harrowing cases the jury members have been excused. I guess they must have wanted to go on, fair play to them but they must be emotionally wrecked.

Would you really want them as your jury if you were the accused in the next case?

On ‎04‎/‎11‎/‎2015‎ ‎16‎:‎38‎:‎57, phantom said:

It's not related to the Becky Watts case, but an even higher profile case.

There is a 100% press ban on this case so you won't hear anything until it is over - it's actually been going on for a number of weeks longer than the Becky Watts case

I`m curious too. Any further info?

Archived