IGNORED

Becky Watts murder trial...

Fordy62

I've followed the case of this trial as it goes on and I've just got to say that in my opinion there are no many cases in which I'm more confident that a guilty verdict will be returned on all counts for both defendants.

The defendants exchanged texts about kidnapping Watts, they watched a youtube video "so you want to get rid of a body" on the day after her death and their DNA is all over the place. 

A horrible, horrible case and I would bet my mortgage that both will get their comeuppance.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-34700044

She will get less because she was clearly controlled and was not the main plotter of the plan (most likely). I'm usually very lenient on my opinions when it comes to court cases and fair treatment of those accused, but agreed, this looks like a blatant guilty verdict for those 2. As for those who transported the body, I'm still unsure at the moment as to how aware they were.

Terrible awful disgusting and shocking crime, somehow made worse as its happened on our doorsteps ... R I P Becky.

Does anyone else think the amount of police evidence released to the media during the case has been a little strange? ... Photos, Videos of custody interviews and crime scenes pre-verdicts while case is still underway? ... Can't recall any previous cases where so much has been made public so soon -within hours of it being presented in the trial and before any verdicts reached.

(No doubt regarding guilt in my mind but - if an accused defendant (not necessarily in this case but generally) was to eventually be found not-guilty after police interviews etc were released so openly and publically would the 'innocent' defendant have a case regarding invasion of human rights/privacy etc ? ....) Just seems a little odd to me.

6 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Terrible awful disgusting and shocking crime, somehow made worse as its happened on our doorsteps ... R I P Becky.

Does anyone else think the amount of police evidence released to the media during the case has been a little strange? ... Photos, Videos of custody interviews and crime scenes pre-verdicts while case is still underway? ... Can't recall any previous cases where so much has been made public so soon -within hours of it being presented in the trial and before any verdicts reached.

(No doubt regarding guilt in my mind but - if an accused defendant (not necessarily in this case but generally) was to eventually be found not-guilty after police interviews etc were released so openly and publically would the 'innocent' defendant have a case regarding invasion of human rights/privacy etc ? ....) Just seems a little odd to me.

It all comes from the media. It a high profile case and so there is a lot of media interest. The media are allowed to be present in court and so they report on what they hear. 

It isn't different to any other case in that respect. It's the same in any other murder trial but I wonder if you're perhaps taking more interest with its local connections?

27 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

It all comes from the media. It a high prmile case and so there isoonlot  of media interest. The med.ia are allowed to be present in court anrestrictionseport on what they hear. 

It )isn't different to any other case in that respect. It's the same in any other murder trial but I wonder if you're perhaps taking more interest with its local connections?

Sadly very local to me so interest around here is v high. Obviously press media always report almost word for word what said in open court (unless judge places reporting restictions) in high profile cases. The release of police interviiews of suspects during initial investigations video recorded at the station are what seems a bit unusual, I might be wrong but I thought that kind of thing goes public on occassion after the conclusion of high profile trials. Seems a bit different getting so much in media so soon in this case, but like you say it could be due to local interest in this case that its been noticed, a couple of friends also had same thoughts though so Im not alone.

Maybe as through your job experience you'll know more and can throw some light on if it is indeed just normal, or if the police specific evidence has been a bit more open than normal in this case? 

Please before I say anything else, I want to make it clear I am not sticking up for Shauna at all.

If you read this article though, it shows you what a shite upbringing she had had, and how controlled she was by him.  I fully agree that she was involved in Becky's death and don't believe her version of events that she didn't help him at all, but having gone through what she had before she met him, you can see why she has ended up in the situation she has.  It was an abusive relationship which she should have sought help for, but probably didn't think she deserved any better given her life before she met him.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Becky-Watts-Shauna-Hoare-takes-stand-evidence/story-28084545-detail/story.html

11 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Please before I say anything else, I want to make it clear I am not sticking up for Shauna at all.

If you read this article though, it shows you what a shite upbringing she had had, and how controlled she was by him.  I fully agree that she was involved in Becky's death and don't believe her version of events that she didn't help him at all, but having gone through what she had before she met him, you can see why she has ended up in the situation she has.  It was an abusive relationship which she should have sought help for, but probably didn't think she deserved any better given her life before she met him.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Becky-Watts-Shauna-Hoare-takes-stand-evidence/story-28084545-detail/story.html

Like all these things - if you go back and look through their upbringings and personal lives I am sure you will find evidence of mistreatment or other social problems.  I don't believe that people are born to be callous murderers.

1 hour ago, WhistleHappy said:

Sadly very local to me so interest around here is v high. Obviously press media always report almost word for word what said in open court (unless judge places reporting restictions) in high profile cases. The release of police interviiews of suspects during initial investigations video recorded at the station are what seems a bit unusual, I might be wrong but I thought that kind of thing goes public on occassion after the conclusion of high profile trials. Seems a bit different getting so much in media so soon in this case, but like you say it could be due to local interest in this case that its been noticed, a couple of friends also had same thoughts though so Im not alone.

Maybe as through your job experience you'll know more and can throw some light on if it is indeed just normal, or if the police specific evidence has been a bit more open than normal in this case? 

I can't honestly say I've ever known the video of an interview to be released before the verdict, are you saying you've seen one? Reporting on what was said by the defendants in interview would definitely be allowed but I really can't imagine that A&S would have released the videos. In fact I'm sure that they wouldn't. 

What exavtly have you seen?

The police videos of their interviews are being shown regularly during our local tv news @Fordy62. They are only shown however after they have been shown in court, ie if Shauna Hoare was being questioned that day it seems we are then shown police video of her. There is a lot of local interest in this case, now 5 weeks into a 6 week trial. Verdicts are expected next Friday, the 13th I am told.

50 minutes ago, RedM said:

The police videos of their interviews are being shown regularly during our local tv news @Fordy62. They are only shown however after they have been shown in court, ie if Shauna Hoare was being questioned that day it seems we are then shown police video of her. There is a lot of local interest in this case, now 5 weeks into a 6 week trial. Verdicts are expected next Friday, the 13th I am told.

Wow. I can honestly say that unprecedented as far as I'm concerned. 

• Admin
12 hours ago, Collis1 said:

Like all these things - if you go back and look through their upbringings and personal lives I am sure you will find evidence of mistreatment or other social problems.  I don't believe that people are born to be callous murderers.

I would disagree, I have met several people who have killed in what would be described as cold blood, they expressed no remorse and could not be described as having been mistreated or with social problems.

2 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

I would disagree, I have met several people who have killed in what would be described as cold blood, they expressed no remorse and could not be described as having been mistreated or with social problems.

Read the Psychopath Test by Jon Ronson, MR?

It's great. It details how an estimated 1.5% of us can be officially categorised as psychopaths - totally lacking any sort of human empathy.

Of course, not all of those murder people. Many are ruthless businesspeople or politicians.

Fascinating stuff. 

@Fordy62 you may know the answer to this....I see a police convoy pretty much every day on my way to and from work, one van, two cars in front, two behind, blues and twos bombing down the M5

Could this be one of the defendants in this case, it's the only one I can think of going on right now? Think they get on and off at Tewkesbury I think, south in the morning, north in the afternoon

Just wanted to flash the bird at the sick **** if it's one of them

13 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Yes indeed they are sociopaths and are now distinguished totally from psychopaths or to be more precise cycle paths.

1 hour ago, Woodsy said:

@Fordy62 you may know the answer to this....I see a police convoy pretty much every day on my way to and from work, one van, two cars in front, two behind, blues and twos bombing down the M5

Could this be one of the defendants in this case, it's the only one I can think of going on right now? Think they get on and off at Tewkesbury I think, south in the morning, north in the afternoon

Long Lartin is a cat A mens prison Evesham/Wocester way. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the main defendant isn't travelling from there daily which is quite usual.

40 minutes ago, RedM said:

Long Lartin is a cat A mens prison Evesham/Wocester way. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the main defendant isn't travelling from there daily which is quite usual.

Of course, good knowledge M! That makes sense, I'll def flick the bird next time then!

• Admin
5 hours ago, Woodsy said:

It's not related to the Becky Watts case, but an even higher profile case.

There is a 100% press ban on this case so you won't hear anything until it is over - it's actually been going on for a number of weeks longer than the Becky Watts case

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

There is a 100% press ban on this case so you won't hear anything until it is over - it's actually been going on for a number of weeks longer than the Becky Watts case

Terrorism? That`s normally the ones where we don`t hear anything till it`s done.

7 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Terrorism? That`s normally the ones where we don`t hear anything till it`s done.

Not always. It can be all sorts of crimes when some defendants have already been convicted or have pleaded guilty, but others still dispute the charges.

The big abuse case in Easton is a good example.

15 minutes ago, phantom said:

Ah, ok - I'll keep my eyes and ears open to see what you are alluding to, Phants!

On 11/4/2015, 4:38:57, phantom said:

Yep thought the exact same thing and I'm 90% sure what you're alluding to. I think some people might be able to work it out if they think about it, but yeah, I had to do some research myself after seeing it every day!

15 hours ago, nebristolred said:

Yep thought the exact same thing and I'm 90% sure what you're alluding to. I think some people might be able to work it out if they think about it , but yeah, I had to do some research myself after seeing it every day!

Thought it might be related to a Cliff R type investigation, then hey presto up he pops in  the news being questioned for a second time... Can only think of a Celebrity/Saville type case or 'Islamic State' recruitment/activity, nothing particularly 'local' comes to mind though. Oh well, cant help being curious ... Unlikey to have guessed correctly, maybe if someone who knows can 'cough' or give a virtual wink if close/warm on right track etc? ... Intrigued to find out now. 

On 11/2/2015, 5:34:12, Fordy62 said:

I've followed the case of this trial as it goes on and I've just got to say that in my opinion there are no many cases in which I'm more confident that a guilty verdict will be returned on all counts for both defendants.

The defendants exchanged texts about kidnapping Watts, they watched a youtube video "so you want to get rid of a body" on the day after her death and their DNA is all over the place. 

A horrible, horrible case and I would bet my mortgage that both will get their comeuppance.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-34700044

Its cases like this where one can be excused for feeling the death penalty is a just punishment

28 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Its cases like this where one can be excused for feeling the death penalty is a just punishment

I'm not sure I disagree. The audacious bollocks he's dared to come up with makes me think he'd be a prime candidate. I wouldn't be surprised for the jury to return in less than a day. What utter bollocks defences they've come up with. 

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

@Woodsy I've no idea re your above question. An entourage like that suggests something very high profile... But the two defendants don't strike me as the most likely candidates to be busted out by their mates. I wonder if @phantom is right, but frustratingly I've no idea what he's talking about!

I'm not sure that breaking out is the worry but somebody breaking in to get at them is more likely

Archived