IGNORED

Times up Cotts..

KeepUpLino

13 minutes ago, aa_bcfc said:

2 good seasons, last season the best in most fans memory. Even if we go down, and I think we might,I'd not sack him. He'd have as good a chance as anyone of taking us up again. By the way it's incredible how quickly people have forgotten about 0-6 and 8-2 a few months ago. 

In that case we should have stayed with Gary J - much better record than SC in promotion terms - and we could have avoided Mcwinless , O' Dismal 

16 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I'm a fan, I think he could turn it around, but I now don't believe he will get the chance. Three very tough games ahead such that he needed Rotherham or Bolton to have enough credit in the bank I fear. Shame cus this bloke got us out of far worse mire not so long ago.  

If he gets the bullet even as a supporter of his I can appreciate why.  

These are my sentiments as well. 

Listening to his post-match interview on the radio he's clearly under pressure and his comments about the pitch suggest some tensions behind the scenes. 

30 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Genuine question, would you sack Jose Mourinho if you were Chelsea manager right now?

Doesn't mean it's your rightful place, it's about realism and long-term ambitions. Cotts has been superb on the whole in the transfer market for us, and our squad would look fantastic if the backroom staff had actually done their job with regards to signings. Imagine where we could be.

Only last season he has, this season was a calamity and El-Abd was an expensive waste of time... the signings were good last season but a number of those signings cant seem to hack it in the Championship.

That's your realism...

I don't post much but it's heads out the sand time. It's no secret Cotts is one of the most unliked men in league football, the only reason we signed the players we did 2 years ago was that we were a big fish in a small pond. Now we're not it's clear he cannot attract players, we offer more money and still it's not enough. Robinson in the under 21s, has he dared to upset the apple cart? He needs to go, there's only so long you can dine out on winning the league which we all agree was a pinnacle in our lives supporting this club. We need a new direction and now is the time, wait much longer and we will consigned back to exactly the same position we were before we won the title, but this time with a 27k ghost town stadium we will struggle to fill. It's not about what are the other options anymore, the time is now for change as bad as it feels sacking our title winning manager. A new man needs a few games to assess the squad before hitting the window during which he must be backed

3 minutes ago, Offside said:

These are my sentiments as well. 

Listening to his post-match interview on the radio he's clearly under pressure and his comments about the pitch suggest some tensions behind the scenes. 

I recall reading comments from Burnley fans when he was appointed, and one of the criticisms they had was that when things were going badly he blamed anyone and anything except himself.

Listen, people slating cotts on here for not taking baker off are deluded.... At half time im sure cotts had a word with him and discussed the fact that he needs to watch himself second half. He's a professional football player and quite frankly you can't sub off every player whose on a yellow card.... So people need to stop being so naive.... We can all come on here and slate him for not subbing him but the only person we should be slating is baker for 3 silly fouls made in non threatening areas!! 

Another point that a lot of people keep bringing up is formations.... He came out early part of this season and stated that this formation was not his preferred for this division but because of the lack of personnel and new signings it was one we had to stick with as the players we had suited that formation. Now I'm all for changing it up in the game but again I think the lack of new signings in the summer has resulted in cotts not being able to change it up during a game. 

I for one am not saying cotts is perfect but you've got to put blame on the board who for whatever reason during the summer transfer window failed to get the players cotts had put forward. Now after a poor showing in the transfer window we as fans should have expected a below average season. 

The bloke came in stabilised the club, completely turned our football around from a dull almost soul destroying team under sod to a free flowing league topping team the following season. 

Now things start to go bad everyone is out to give him the chop. We should give him the respect he deserves and not hold him solely responsible for this season so far and we should also give him till January where the board should back him and bring in the players he asks! As let's face it the players he has bought in have more than done a good job for us. 

46 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

It's not time to go. I'm sorry but Cotts outlined his transfer targets at the start of the season, and it's the club's fault that we don't have them. Cotts is now being forced to work with what he has, and as it stands, we are a promoted team (which means we are expected to struggle anyway) with barely any new signings. The club has failed him and that is why we are in this mess. Imagine where we would be if we had the likes of Harry Maguire, particularly after a proper pre-season.

Not to mention the fact that it's not his fault Baker was sent off today. If he had been taken off at HT the fans would have been moaning at Cotts for subbing one of our best defenders! It works both ways.

Finally, if we were to sack Cotts, who would you guys suggest we bring in? Realistically of course.

Fed up with him saying we were the better team said the same at Rotherham last week we were crap today wes  burns should have come on no width in the team or any creativity in midfield but he's a stubborn bloke as we all know

34 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Pure delusion if you can't see that things are clearly not working out!!

What bugs me most is that some people are actually ok with us struggling and think it's our rightful place...

Ambition zero!!

**** off. We just won the league and JPT and right now are not in the relegation zone. We've got a league 1 squad and are playing decent non hoof it football and are building a new 28k stadium. We're signing young cheap players and have no debt. If that's zero ambition then ******* go on the Internet and Google Bolton, Wigan Leeds, Cardiff, QPR and choose which one of their transfer/club policies you'd like us to implement because clearly their methods works wonders. Bournemouth Swansea etc are the clubs we should be looking to emulate and the less impatient supporters like you the better. 

3 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

Harsh on McInnes, normally I would agree with you but he was on a hiding to nothing... thanks to the long term mess that GJ left.

Utter bollocks.

How many shit signings did he make? Foster, Morris, Wilson, McManus, etc, etc, etc

Plus of course spending £2m on two strikers (when we already had Pitman and Stead) but no centre half.

Much more out of his depth than our current manager.

2 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

**** off. We just won the league and JPT and right now are not in the relegation zone. We've got a league 1 squad and are playing decent non hoof it football and are building a new 28k stadium. We're signing young cheap players and have no debt. If that's zero ambition then ******* go on the Internet and Google Bolton, Wigan Leeds, Cardiff, QPR and choose which one of their transfer/club policies you'd like us to implement because clearly their methods works wonders. Bournemouth Swansea etc are the clubs we should be looking to emulate and the less impatient supporters like you the better. 

As long as they're cheap. Doesn't matter if they are good enough.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Only thing is ,IF we go down Cotts is a proven manager in League 1 and would be a good call to get us back up .:tomato:

Based on this logic we should sack Cotts and bring back Gary Johnson

The guy asking for realistic targets to replace Cotts after saying it's the clubs fault that we didn't get in cotterills transfer targets in the summer. Ha. Dwight Gayle, Andre gray and Harry Maguire weren't realistic targets for the club to be going after in the first place. Should of bagged dack and Bradshaw in the summer. They'll go to better championship clubs than us now. 

Quite shocked at how many have jumped on the Cotts out bandwagon...

This is the man that gifted as 2 trophies last season and built a very good team to be proud of, the least he deserves is a crack at sorting this mess out in the transfer window!

There was nothing between us and Blackburn today so lets pull up our socks and fight until the death.

We can do this!

9 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

Only last season he has, this season was a calamity and El-Abd was an expensive waste of time... the signings were good last season but a number of those signings cant seem to hack it in the Championship.

That's your realism...

Realism?! Oh come on... Here's some realism.

Of Cott's bad signings, there is Adam El-Abd, and Karleigh Osbourne. They were both in January, shortly after he joined, when we were desperate for a new centre back. We were in a mess and dare I say it they were a bit of a punt. Contrast that with his signings of Luke Freeman, Wade Elliott, Luke Ayling, Korey Smith, Kieron Agard and Jonathan Kodjia (all combined for less than £1.5m barring the final one), that's not just very good business, that's sensational business. If there's anything you can criticise Cotts for while at City it is not his transfer dealings.

As for this season being a calamity, he told the board who he wanted. Most of the players became obvious in the public domain. It is not his fault that the board ballsed up (particularly around their handling of the Harry Maguire transfer).

Easy to sit in anger and say you would have taken Baker off at HT. You can bet your life Cotts had a word with him at HT ain't put a bit of faith in him not to be a ******* idiot! As for sacking Cotts, it's a difficult one. The usual question of who's available and would come to us comes up, but it's getting hard to argue against 3 wins in 20 this season and despite last years achievements there's little room for sentiment in football.

4 minutes ago, jambodinho said:

The guy asking for realistic targets to replace Cotts after saying it's the clubs fault that we didn't get in cotterills transfer targets in the summer. Ha. Dwight Gayle, Andre gray and Harry Maguire weren't realistic targets for the club to be going after in the first place. Should of bagged dack and Bradshaw in the summer. They'll go to better championship clubs than us now. 

Feel free to quote me. In that case, you have to ask the question, why are we unable to attract a sufficient quality of player. Dack and Bradshaw are not players that are going to take us to the Prem. And people accuse him of having lack of ambition! Completely disagree on Maguire as well, he was on his way here. Obviously with hindsight he made the right decision but at the time he had barely played in a year.

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Utter bollocks.

How many shit signings did he make? Foster, Morris, Wilson, McManus, etc, etc, etc

Plus of course spending £2m on two strikers (when we already had Pitman and Stead) but no centre half.

Much more out of his depth than our current manager.

Not bollocks at all, for a start GJ DID leave us in a complete mess. The club at the time were on a downward spiral at the time... he may have made some very questionable and poor signings but who hasn't? He also made some decent signings at the same time. Inexperienced manager at a club seriously on the decline, no wonder it didnt work out for him, stop trying to spin it.

Your second sentence, echoes this season... no centre half. Pitman/Stead... One was a lazy ass striker and the other tried too hard. 

13 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Just another happy clapper son 

One pre season signing and the same squad as last year is extremely naive to say the least. Blame is attached to the board for not backing Cotts as players are a plenty all over the world so no excuses. On the pitch were naive and second best with no plan b. Our squad is choc full of loan signings which has bolstered numbers but not necessarily quality, a couple of exceptions of course. Get rid now as the board will not trust him with cash in January to squander. My man Warnock please a winner at this level who will attract decent players if the board will loosen the purse strings. 

5 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Feel free to quote me. In that case, you have to ask the question, why are we unable to attract a sufficient quality of player. Dack and Bradshaw are not players that are going to take us to the Prem. And people accuse him of having lack of ambition! Completely disagree on Maguire as well, he was on his way here. Obviously with hindsight he made the right decision but at the time he had barely played in a year.

I'd never accuse him of lacking ambition. I'd accuse him of being deluded in thinking that we should be targeting these players to challenge for promotion. Like someone else said, Preston are comfortably mid table and didn't go after crazy targets. Dack and Bradshaw may not have had us at the top of the league but they'd be challenging freeman and wilbraham and Agard for their places. 

12 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Realism?! Oh come on... Here's some realism.

Of Cott's bad signings, there is Adam El-Abd, and Karleigh Osbourne. They were both in January, shortly after he joined, when we were desperate for a new centre back. We were in a mess and dare I say it they were a bit of a punt. Contrast that with his signings of Luke Freeman, Wade Elliott, Luke Ayling, Korey Smith, Kieron Agard and Jonathan Kodjia (all combined for less than £1.5m barring the final one), that's not just very good business, that's sensational business. If there's anything you can criticise Cotts for while at City it is not his transfer dealings.

As for this season being a calamity, he told the board who he wanted. Most of the players became obvious in the public domain. It is not his fault that the board ballsed up (particularly around their handling of the Harry Maguire transfer).

Did I not mention last season and good signings? think I did.

Go read my reply again. 

I also said a number of those player seems like they cant hack it in this league, which is right barring Smith who has been half decent.

1 minute ago, jambodinho said:

I'd never accuse him of lacking ambition. I'd accuse him of being deluded in thinking that we should be targeting this players to challenge for promotion. Like someone else said, Preston are comfortably mid table and didn't go after crazy targets. Dack and Bradshaw may not have had us at the top of the league but they'd be challenging freeman and wilbraham and Agard for their places. 

I completely agree, that is spot on, but his brief from the board will no doubt have been to go for the top half of the Championship. Try and carry on the momentum that we built up so much last season. You have to aim high and barring the actions of our transfer negotiators we would have made at least 2 more very decent signings from what I'm led to believe. We all know he can identify the right player, and if we can just ride this out and establish ourselves as a mid-Championship team, these players will want to join us. I do see your point and it's very valid but you can see the option Cotts has taken in terms of ambition.

Archived