IGNORED

Times up Cotts..

KeepUpLino

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Who decided to keep Baker on the pitch when he was given his final warning not even halfway through the first half?

Who made the stupid ******* tackle 1 minute into the 2nd half? Cotts would've made it very clear that Baker shouldn't do what he did. The 3rd foul that baker made wasn't a book able offence. I think Cotts would've definitely taken him off after. 

1 minute ago, Shtanley said:

Who made the stupid ******* tackle 1 minute into the 2nd half? Cotts would've made it very clear that Baker shouldn't do what he did. The 3rd foul that baker made wasn't a book able offence. I think Cotts would've definitely taken him off after. 

Agreed, Baker shouldn't have been flying in to things the way he did, but it's damn poor management - he was doing it in the first half and that's why he was on his final warning after 20 odd minutes. 

Any sensible manager would have had him off there and then, you could see it coming a mile away that he'd end up walking. Notice Lambert took his guy off instantly to ensure they preserved their numerical advantage. Good management and 9 out of 10 managers would have had Baker off after a final warning. Not like we didn't have options. 

Well I've said previously that we should keep Steve even if we do get relegated because he can build and motivate a decent team and this season was torpedoed from the start with such little summer transfer activity (although JK was a good but of business) for which I don't blame Steve.

Anybody who wants him to go, and you're perfectly entitled to your opinion, should say who they want to replace him.  Just sacking a manager is only half of it.

39 minutes ago, bs3 said:

We had a definite penalty in the first half. Never a second bookable offence for sending off. I had a perfect sight of the diving Blackburn player for their pen . Feels absolutely cheated today and not for the first time thus season. It would be wrong to get rid of Cotts.

I hope you're taking the piss. Always a yellow card, he'd been warned twice before. And say it wasn't a penalty is laughable. 

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Agreed, Baker shouldn't have been flying in to things the way he did, but it's damn poor management - he was doing it in the first half and that's why he was on his final warning after 20 odd minutes. 

Any sensible manager would have had him off there and then, you could see it coming a mile away that he'd end up walking. Notice Lambert took his guy off instantly to ensure they preserved their numerical advantage. Good management and 9 out of 10 managers would have had Baker off after a final warning. Not like we didn't have options. 

Tbh I think I'm part of the majority who also saw it coming but I didn't think I would take him off. I thought the ref would let one more foul go and then Cotts would definitely take him off. Naturally with hindsight he was wrong to leave him on but at the time I didn't really disagree with Cotts lack of a sub. 

1 minute ago, Shtanley said:

Tbh I think I'm part of the majority who also saw it coming but I didn't think I would take him off. I thought the ref would let one more foul go and then Cotts would definitely take him off. Naturally with hindsight he was wrong to leave him on but at the time I didn't really disagree with Cotts lack of a sub. 

I would have had him off after that final warning and it's what you'll normally see a manager do when the ref's made it clear that you're on your last chance. 

At the end of the day he took a risk and it backfired - it happens - but those are the decisions you live and die by as a manager. It's not like he's an inexperienced manager who doesn't know the game - he's been around the game long enough to know when preventative action is the best call. 

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I would have had him off after that final warning and it's what you'll normally see a manager do when the ref's made it clear that you're on your last chance. 

At the end of the day he took a risk and it backfired - it happens - but those are the decisions you live and die by as a manager. It's not like he's an inexperienced manager who doesn't know the game - he's been around the game long enough to know when preventative action is the best call. 

I'm in the south stand and couldn't really tell if it was his final warning. 

time to go, its not the refs display ,bakers stupidity, that is keeping us hovering above the trapdoor, its the rigid 352, lack of substutions in a game, poor transfer activity over the summer, knowing we were going up with 6 months to plan for, how is he going to cope with only a month of the winter transfer window ? 

It's not time to go. I'm sorry but Cotts outlined his transfer targets at the start of the season, and it's the club's fault that we don't have them. Cotts is now being forced to work with what he has, and as it stands, we are a promoted team (which means we are expected to struggle anyway) with barely any new signings. The club has failed him and that is why we are in this mess. Imagine where we would be if we had the likes of Harry Maguire, particularly after a proper pre-season.

Not to mention the fact that it's not his fault Baker was sent off today. If he had been taken off at HT the fans would have been moaning at Cotts for subbing one of our best defenders! It works both ways.

Finally, if we were to sack Cotts, who would you guys suggest we bring in? Realistically of course.

most football people would have realised if baker had been subbed it would have been for his own good ! some of his transfer targets were good players no doubt , maybe a little above our station ?   gaffer wise id go for steve clarke ex reading, good enough for reading..initially ! and linked with  fulham. 

3 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

If we had won this game would people still be wanting Cotts out? Genuine question. Staying up is Cotts aim I don't see why we can't achieve that. 

Pure delusion if you can't see that things are clearly not working out!!

What bugs me most is that some people are actually ok with us struggling and think it's our rightful place...

Ambition zero!!

1 minute ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Pure delusion if you can't see that things are clearly not working out!!

What bugs me most is that some people are actually ok with us struggling and think it's our rightful place...

Ambition zero!!

Genuine question, would you sack Jose Mourinho if you were Chelsea manager right now?

Doesn't mean it's your rightful place, it's about realism and long-term ambitions. Cotts has been superb on the whole in the transfer market for us, and our squad would look fantastic if the backroom staff had actually done their job with regards to signings. Imagine where we could be.

Just now, nebristolred said:

Genuine question, would you sack Jose Mourinho if you were Chelsea manager right now?

Doesn't mean it's your rightful place, it's about realism and long-term ambitions. Cotts has been superb on the whole in the transfer market for us, and our squad would look fantastic if the backroom staff had actually done their job with regards to signings. Imagine where we could be.

No....That is a ridiculous comparison, Jose is the best manager in the world and has proved himself all over the continent, he is already starting to turn things around at Chelsea!!

2 good seasons, last season the best in most fans memory. Even if we go down, and I think we might,I'd not sack him. He'd have as good a chance as anyone of taking us up again. By the way it's incredible how quickly people have forgotten about 0-6 and 8-2 a few months ago. 

38 minutes ago, hortonred said:

We are sleep walking in to relegation.Nothing changes. It seems that Cotterill just keeps doing the same old thing with the same line up and hopes something will change. It is time to change him. 

If this doesn't explain why some(more and more) want SC gone then I don't know what will. Definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results. Great job last season but you have to ask, has SC taken us as far as we can go? Answer is looking more and more like yes every week. Why should he get another transfer window? He could've earned it by keeping us s few points clear of relegation spots but we've hit a wall and been sliding down it for weeks now. Giving him money to throw at it only to continue being stubborn will do us no good. This team needs new blood and new energy. It's not the same team. There is no joy in their game and it has to seem inevitable to them what the results are going to be. I think 20 games has been extremely patient. Time to get new ideas in. 

they say you finish up where you are at christmas, and ive got my tree up !!!  great that cotts got us up, but cant live off that forever,  stubbornness  will be the downfall of him, cant believe fans keep saying well be ok, based on what ? look at the league table !  should be beating bolton, rotherham, mk dons, preston in our mini league at the bottom , not even doing that at the moment 

1 minute ago, aa_bcfc said:

2 good seasons, last season the best in most fans memory. Even if we go down, and I think we might,I'd not sack him. He'd have as good a chance as anyone of taking us up again. By the way it's incredible how quickly people have forgotten about 0-6 and 8-2 a few months ago. 

People haven't forgotten about that. They're commenting on the here and now. Anybody who can't see that we're in an all too familiar downward spiral needs to visit the optician.

I suggest the management and the players and coaches sit down and look at the Kodja video so quickly placed online when they signed him.  He's quick.  He runs into spaces to pick up long balls.  He takes players on and shoots. He's not a target man left hanging around waiting for a ball to be played up to him to hold up play.  And while we're on the subject of strikers Agard was Cotterell ' s favourite because of the way he ran and ran.  Paula Radcliffe runs miles. She's no goal scorer but better to look at on a dull day. 

5 minutes ago, aa_bcfc said:

What on earth have those results got to do with this season... Have a word with yourself!!

I'm a fan, I think he could turn it around, but I now don't believe he will get the chance. Three very tough games ahead such that he needed Rotherham or Bolton to have enough credit in the bank I fear. Shame cus this bloke got us out of far worse mire not so long ago.  

If he gets the bullet even as a supporter of his I can appreciate why.  

We are in a very bad situation that has been our own making we went up as a good division one team!

And we are still a good division one team the gap was to big to take without the addition of some experienced

players to help us adjust. We have not ever found out wot happened in the summer or who's fault it was

but it looks like it's going to cost us we are gifting games and that is a sure sign of team heading downward

as the old saying goes you make your own luck,  But luck and decisions are going against us wot do we do now 

sack the manager maybe we need to?

if it was his fault for the non realistic transfer activity in the summer 

one thing for sure being a happy clapper won't save us , it needs to be sorted sooner rather than later?

I look at Preston and wonder why they are fairly comfortable in mid-table while we are hovering around the bottom three. Don't think they spent much in the summer so you can't look at them and say they have done it cuz they strengthened with a load of championship quality players and we didn't. They seem to have a game plan - play it tight and don't concede then you have a chance of winning. They have a lot of clean sheets this season. To say the players available is the only thing that determines whether you can get up into mid-table seems not to tally with that. They have a good manager who has worked out how to get points in this league and they have over-taken us without splashing the cash. I like SC and want him to succeed but he doesn't seem to want to change anything and his post-match comments are depressingly predictable.

Archived