IGNORED

Twentyman Players Don't Want To Come

REDOXO

Players don't want to come here because at this level we are a bit of a nothing club in What is considered, wrongly, a nothing area.

being from London the amount of people I know who see us like that, even though they say Bristol is a "nice city", I'd imagine footballers view the same way.

2 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I heard that players don't want to come here because the fans are too fickle

Really?  No other fans are fickle I suppose?

I personally don't think it's fickle to question this summer's transfer dealings and the current league position.  We had momentum and it's gone to waste.  I have no idea why players didn't want to come and I have less idea why we bid silly money on strikers that were never going to come here when our midfield isn't up to the task.

Blaming the fans for asking very reasonable questions about the board and management is absurd.

20 hours ago, Shtanley said:

I'm in agreement with Louis Carey who thinks that SOD if given more time would have built a true philosophy. I think sacking him was the wrong decision and to sack Cotts without giving him January to make amends for this summer would also be a mistake. Cotts needs to change his transfer approach but I will say if he continues to aim for players like Gayle and Gray then he might have to go. I think some people on this thread are desperate for their self-fulfilling prophecies to come true. Many are desperate for change in the hope all the problems leave when the manager does. 

Perhaps if Louis was paying the bills his views would be different. 

4 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I imagine one of the only ways a season long loan can be terminated is for disciplinary reasons...............!:fear:

You caught my drift RRH!

On another note, I guess our friend from Essex comes on here (exiles usually do!), it would be nice if he posted!

See that as an invitation Sir!...Most will understand if you dont!!

15 hours ago, spudski said:

Please take this with good faith, but mate, you seriously need to take a step back and think about what you're saying.

Fans don't like Cotterill because he comes across in the media as a whinging ****. Many fans who had him at their clubs disliked him then and now...he really does not come across well. To put SC in the same sentence as Ferguson and Jose is a joke...they may come across sometimes as whingers...but they are bloody good at their job and players want to play for them.

Players don't think like fans...it's not the way he comes across in the media....it's the way he is with people, in training and day to day work at the clubs he's been at.

His teams play attractive football? Only witnessed it with us last season and when he was at Cheltenham...most other Clubs fans think his football was one dimensional.

As for Carey not knowing more than the paying Customer...wtf!!!!! really? A football club isn't just about what you witnessed for 90 mins every week. It's about everything that leads up to those 90 mins and whether you can build and create sustained success.

You think you know more about that, than the man who's played for City more than anyone else, seen the day to day running, managers come and go and knows what makes the Club tick....Really? I imagine you'd think you could take City to the Champions league as well, because you did it on Football manager....:facepalm:

You know full well I wasn't comparing Cotterill's football management skills to Mourinho's or Ferguson's - merely his tendency to wind people up. Neil Warnock is another in that category.

You mention that it's the way Cotterill is day to day in training, but I didn't see a lack of motivation or spirit in the players last season. The playing staff seemed positively buoyant - they didn't act like a group who had no relationship or faith in the manager.

We 'only witnessed his attractive football last season'. Yes, but it just so happened to be one of the most successful seasons in our club's history. And I would argue we've been playing good football this season, too, even if we haven't been winning games. It's been a damn sight better than anything we produced under SOD anyway.

In answer to your last two paragraphs, I refer again to Sir Alex: nobody knows Manchester United better than him. He WAS that club. But even he got it wrong when he said that David Moyes would be a worthy successor to him. So just because Louis Carey was a decent footballer who was around this club for many years doesn't make him some kind of sage who could predict that SOD's philosophy would come good if he was given time. Let's face it, he WAS given time. Long enough to at least make a dent, but I - and many others - didn't see that dent being made. What we did see was one of the most drab and depressing periods in the club's modern history. And Louis Carey knows what makes the club tick? Do me a favour - no one's ever known what makes this club tick, which is why we've never had any decent success.

I would even go as far as to say that club 'philosophies' are a myth dreamt up by people who, ironically, have played too much Championship Manager.  

4 minutes ago, robin4ever said:

Utter rubbish , players do not come to us because they can get more money at any other club in the championship. ... FACT. We do not compete financially and until we do, we will always have a majority of league one players playing in a league beyond them... Players who make a difference , grey , Rhodes , Weisman ,Zamora to name but a few are earning what 5 or 6 of our players combined earn .....

Where do you get all this information?  Errrrrr Fact?

5 hours ago, RumRed said:

Really?  No other fans are fickle I suppose?

I personally don't think it's fickle to question this summer's transfer dealings and the current league position.  We had momentum and it's gone to waste.  I have no idea why players didn't want to come and I have less idea why we bid silly money on strikers that were never going to come here when our midfield isn't up to the task.

Blaming the fans for asking very reasonable questions about the board and management is absurd.

1 hour ago, shelts said:

What a load of bollox that is you've spouted. All football fans are the same. Muppet

At last! It ages since the last good one.

Whooooosh.

On 5 December 2015 at 17:59:23, Bs4Red said:

I agree that we should have kept SOD and we have spoke about this previously but I can't agree that he should have January. What if he has another summer window this time? We are down. Do you honestly think he can SIGN PERMANENTLY players who are good enough. He said "we won't sign anyone who won't enhance the squad" you're telling me Kodjia is the only player in world football good enough to enhance our squad on a permanent deal? 

I can assure you it won't be another summer transfer window, it's in January after all, thought that would be obvious.

1 hour ago, robin4ever said:

Utter rubbish , players do not come to us because they can get more money at any other club in the championship. ... FACT. We do not compete financially and until we do, we will always have a majority of league one players playing in a league beyond them... Players who make a difference , grey , Rhodes , Weisman ,Zamora to name but a few are earning what 5 or 6 of our players combined earn .....

Oh dear....another utter, know nothing,stupid comment.

Its not about the money ffs! It's about City being a newly promoted club and quality available players often have the choice of several established Championship clubs, as Grey did. Why would he come here when Burnlry came calling? In his position I'd have done exactly the same.

City will find things even more difficult during the January window largely because of City's lowly league position.

13 hours ago, robin4ever said:

You are talking sh1te. Anyone back name a few highly paid players out of our reach financially - you might as well of added Charlie Austin to your list. The same economic is true for half of the prem teams. Doesn't make your point correct.

14 hours ago, Robbored said:

Oh dear....another utter, know nothing,stupid comment.

Its not about the money ffs! It's about City being a newly promoted club and quality available players often have the choice of several established Championship clubs, as Grey did. Why would he come here when Burnlry came calling? In his position I'd have done exactly the same.

City will find things even more difficult during the January window largely because of City's lowly league position.

Dead right, but I'll spell it out. Players don't want to sign a contract and play out most of it in the Third Division.

• Admin
On 12/6/2015, 8:59:53, Dark Wood Covert said:

Cotterills interview skills IMO are very poor, he tends to interrupt the interviewer mid flow and I would think he irks opposing managers with his comments about being the better team etc,

I thought it was interesting over the past few weeks in his pre-match interview he has been quoted each game praising the good job the opposition manager had done

Archived