IGNORED

Twentyman Players Don't Want To Come

REDOXO

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

did anyone hear SC talking about someone "Allison" missed the first bit but said something like "don't bother calling me with info again". Was basically the opening bandit to the interview - very odd. Anyone catch/understand the context?

Dave Allison, in charge of match officials for the football league

1 minute ago, Shtanley said:

We aren't down. Yes. No of course not that would be a ridiculous thing to think. Just because he didn't sign people doesn't mean he didn't try  

That's my point, how could he have possibly only signed one player? ONE. Out of the 100 of possible players we could have got. If we theoretically had a different manager would he have attracted players? I believe so. 

We were such an attractive prospect at the start of the season.

Champions, 99 points, new stadium, nice place to live, tight knit squad!

if any of you genuinely genuinely believe that we are paying Baker £40k a week then it supports a lot of people's theories on here that our fans seems more deluded than the average fan. 

This is all based on a guy who supposedly met Burnleys chief scout before we played them (why would their chief scout be at their own away game for one?) in the back of a cab. Would take the "players don't like Cotts" statement with an enormous pinch of salt.

if no one liked him how did we near enough hand pick the best players in the same league as us last year to join us without hesitation?

funny how all these 'stories' come out the woodwork after a loss. 

6 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Just because this group of lads seem to like him(imagine his style gets old real quick when you're losing) doesn't mean he wasn't an ass to players at previous clubs. His damage could already be done and a reputation established. Not saying any of it is true but if he isn't liked, that damage would've been done long before he got here.

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

if any of you genuinely genuinely believe that we are paying Baker £40k a week then it supports a lot of people's theories on here that our fans seems more deluded than the average fan. 

This is all based on a guy who supposedly met Burnleys chief scout before we played them (why would their chief scout be at their own away game for one?) in the back of a cab. Would take the "players don't like Cotts" statement with an enormous pinch of salt.

if no one liked him how did we near enough hand pick the best players in the same league as us last year to join us without hesitation?

In defence of the caller, he did say it was the total package. 

Just done some quick maths that could be way off. Is there a chance Baker is on 20k and the loan fee is 1m? Not totally unrealistic figures but would be surprised if we are paying that.

Usually with loans we'd only pay a % of the wage, would the Burnley guy be privy to that? I doubt it..

Sounded very high to me personally, but after doing those sums for a premier league defender if we were absolutely desperate it's not completely bonkers that those are the figures..

I think the players here are behind SC but also that potential transfer targets are put off by him and that I can well understand listening to his bullshit interviews. he is either trying to shield the players (noble but time to stop that as it's not working) or watch the same game as everyone else and not the one he dreams of the night before the match where we play great and just get beaten by a worse team every week.....

Ain't it funny, players don't like Cotts even though he's managed to sign plenty of players (plenty of in-demand players at that); he's had players follow him from previous clubs; he's had staff follow him through clubs; he's been employed a number of times; we had a fantastic team spirit last year and integrated a young squad well and a number of players have renewed their contracts since being here. 

Sorry, it seems a nonsense to me. We had our big club syndrome again heading into this season - history repeating itself - and we've now had a wake up call. Thankfully we're in a very recoverable position if Cotts approaches this January window as he did the first: get the players in who will do a job and get us safe. No vanity needed. 

22 minutes ago, petehinton said:

You need to listen better 

It was the FULHAM game , not our game with Burnley

So having rubbished what he had to said on basis of facts .....

I sooooooo love this forum, talk about the rats jumping ship when it's still sailing, i call this a blimp,time to relax guys ffs....but i might be wrong...just enjoy the ride boys n girls, it's what supporting a club is all about, win every game we would be top of the prem, but sadly life aint like that....it's our club, and i for one love it, keep the faith xxx

16 minutes ago, Kingswood mask said:

I sooooooo love this forum, talk about the rats jumping ship when it's still sailing, i call this a blimp,time to relax guys ffs....but i might be wrong...just enjoy the ride boys n girls, it's what supporting a club is all about, win every game we would be top of the prem, but sadly life aint like that....it's our club, and i for one love it, keep the faith xxx

I support them every new match. I support them during the match. I think it's ok for people to vent their frustrations here though. Doesn't mean they're jumping ship. Just frustrated with how it's going. It's how I feel anyway. We've been poor but I'll be there in 2 weeks yelling support and applauding them. And if they're poor, I'll have my rants and do it all again on Boxing Day. 

57 minutes ago, petehinton said:

As BBSB said below regarding the game and taxi. Also he said with what we are paying Villa for his services it amounts to 40K a week...Who knows if it is true, but a bloke calling into radio Brizz and saying it on the radio makes me believe there 'could be' some truth

34 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

You need to listen better 

It was the FULHAM game , not our game with Burnley

So having rubbished what he had to said on basis of facts .....

16 minutes ago, Kingswood mask said:

I agree, although to be fair I don't see to much ship jumping, more of the make Cotts walk the plank!

I will keep the faith we will not be relegated for sure, but we certainly need to change a few things around!

I must admit that I sometimes laugh out loud when reading some comments on here. 

"The players don't like Cotterill" was one of them. 

Even if it was true it wouldn't make the slightest difference. Let's not forget that Gary Johnson was literally hated by virtually all of his players and yet took City to the brink of the PL.  

8 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Mmm........ yes, of course I did Bob - were you the one in the dunce's hat in the corner?  :dunno:

Ha ha ha - you really are an amusing little 'bad' boy 

ha ha

If I was the dunce - guess that puts you in the category of educational need !!!

More achievement and success than you could dream of 

Back to writing your idols post match interviews book of excuses (crayons I guess) for him while I ignore you and laugh at you

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I must admit that I sometimes laugh out loud when reading some comments on here. 

"The players don't like Cotterill" was one of them. 

Even if it was true it wouldn't make the slightest difference. Let's not forget that Gary Johnson was literally hated by virtually all of his players and yet took City to the brink of the PL.  

You don't work for the sun do you rob."the players don't like cotterill " would be the headline,nothing to do with current players it was about signings

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

You don't work for the sun do you rob."the players don't like cotterill " would be the headline,nothing to do with current players it was about signings

No - he just has a very worrying obsession with a former manager - and can't settle until he's managed to churn out the same shite on every thread

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Perhaps because it's nothing more than unsubstantiated bollocks from posters who clearly don't like him.

It's not unsubstantiated though is it?

There has been plenty written about SC over the years by people in the know - including his mate Harry Redknapp, the Secret Footballer book etc - and we know SC isn't  a particularly popular character within footballing circles.

Back to Nathan Baker...

Gary Rowett said that he wanted him at Brum but couldn't match what we were willing to pay him, so clearly we are paying him a decent amount.

However what that says to me is that after an utter shambles of a summer we may well have realised we need to pay the going rate and whoever is in charge by January, we need to ensure we do that for a few more or we will be going back where we came from.

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

In fairness to the bloke from Essex ( Twentyman show this evening)  it was not the Burnley game that he sat in the taxi with the Burnley employee, it was different league game, he also corrected himself and said it 'wasnt' the chief scout, just a Burnley scout.

To me it's pretty obvious that if a player gets the the choice of two or more clubs to sign for in the Championship, he signs for whose paying him the most. At the moment, that's not us.

But, I expect that may well change in the January window!

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

He didn't say we were paying Baker 40K a week, he said the package i.e. loan fee and wages amounted to 40k a week.

37 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

It's not unsubstantiated though is it?

There has been plenty written about SC over the years by people in the know - including his mate Harry Redknapp, the Secret Footballer book etc - and we know SC isn't  a particularly popular character within footballing circles.

The secret footballer chapter is particularly damning. Interesting book overall actually.

Whether you like SC or not...the fact is, SC is marmite to many that work in football.

Speak to anyone that works in the game Professionally, and they will all say the same thing...it's no coincidence.

As a fan, it's understandable for some fans to like him, especially with the recent success he's had in League 1.

But those fans do not generally hear what is said 'behind closed doors' by those in the game.

Funnily the comment by the Burnley Scout doesn't surprise me... A good friend of mine works with their first team, and he has said exactly the same thing.

Of course certain players will come here, and some will get on with him, but he definitely is a character that many Pros don't want to work for...heard it loads of times from Scouts, ex players, Agents and Coach's within the game.

It doesn't mean he's a bad manager...it just limits the amount of players who would be willing to sign.

As for wages....we pay bloody good money....don't believe half the crap you hear about players not wanting to come here, just based on wages.

As for the comment by a forum member, thinking they know better than Louis Carey who knows the Club inside out....what a joke.

2 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Bloke from Essex on Twentyman.....

Quote....Burnley 'Chief Scout' stated "that its not Bristol City aren't paying the wages, Baker is on a Kings Randsom, it's players for some reason don't want to com here"

He just talking crap didn't he say baker was on 40k a week?

2 minutes ago, Super said:

He just talking crap didn't he say baker was on 40k a week?

He said the package was 40k. This is feasible, if a little steep. Is it unrealistic to suggest we paid 1m to have him for the season and 20k wages? Perhaps not if we really were desperate. Seems a little high to me considering our summer.

Archived