IGNORED

FA CUP 3rd round Tomorrow

brad blit

28 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Albion away and people are moaning. Up the road, prem team we will take shitloads. 

I swear if you gave some on here a gold bar they would say where's the other one!  :laugh:!

I actually think it's a bit of an anticlimax, but that's OK isn't it?! If that makes me a moaner then I'll embrace that new title!  Yo yo Premiership side that we've played several times over recent years.

League is absolute priority this season so won't be too worried about an early cup exit though. I don't buy the 'cup is a good break from the league' argument.

Not a bad draw easy to get to 90 miles up the M5. If I remember the 15ers were  spanked by West Brom FA cup in 2008 1 -5 at home, two former City players on that day Steve Philips and Danny Coles. Wife said is the telly on the blink what's wrong with the colours I said no Rovers always play on a dark brown pitch!

52 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

It's not that bad. We'll get 5k worth of tickets, it's an hours drive and a Saturday away from the league. If we win we can shove two fingers to pulls and maybe give us the boost we need in the league. 

Im sure none of us would sing anything nasty about our Triffic Tone

We may get 5k of tickets, but our friends in the WMP will turn 2000 of them back at the Junction of the M5

5 minutes ago, Red rum said:

I actually think it's a bit of an anticlimax, but that's OK isn't it?! If that makes me a moaner then I'll embrace that new title!  Yo yo Premiership side that we've played several times over recent years.

League is absolute priority this season so won't be too worried about an early cup exit though. I don't buy the 'cup is a good break from the league' argument.

Sure it's ok Embrace away!!!

Several times in the last years? My memory is not so good these days, no really, when was the last time we played them and how many times in the past five years in the league or cup?

the cup is a revenue earner and improves profile if we are looking for players only a fool would say the league is not more important!

26 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Several times in the last years? My memory is not so good these days, no really, when was the last time we played them and how many times in the past five years in the league or cup?

the cup is a revenue earner and improves profile if we are looking for players only a fool would say the league is not more important!

Am not going to respond with any hard facts (that would be boring and would also take me time to research!). I definitely remember at least a season with them in the Championship during our last stint (I was sat in the away end of the Hawthornes in pooring rain and the wrong end of a 4-0 scoreline!).

Yours truly,

Red 'the fool' Rum

17 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

We beat em 2-1 at home in 2010 but the two before that (2009 and 2007) they spanked us 4-1 on both occasions...

15 minutes ago, Red rum said:

Am not going to respond with any hard facts (that would be boring and would also take me time to research!). I definitely remember at least a season with them in the Championship during our last stint (I was sat in the away end of the Hawthornes in pooring rain and the wrong end of a 4-0 scoreline!).

Yours truly,

Red 'the fool' Rum

So once in seven years I'm good with that. 

Bless you the name change is not necessary!!

I'm a little bit underwhelmed by this draw because I was hoping to be able to see City play somewhere we haven't been for decades (e.g. Goodison, White Hart Lane, Stamford Bridge, Old Trafford). Still, it could be worse - at least we haven't been knocked out by Chesham!

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

Albion away and people are moaning. Up the road, prem team we will take shitloads. 

I swear if you gave some on here a gold bar they would say where's the other one!  :laugh:!

I'm not actually convinced we'll take that many. It's a team we've played a number of times in recent years, they're not that big a name, and it's a game that matters less to us than any other right now. Also it comes a week after Reading away, which I expect to be very popular.

48 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I'm not actually convinced we'll take that many. It's a team we've played a number of times in recent years, they're not that big a name, and it's a game that matters less to us than any other right now. Also it comes a week after Reading away, which I expect to be very popular.

Yeah I have my reading ticket sorted. Not sure what counts as not that many, however a couple of w ins between now then would help swell the red hoards. Or perhaps im just dreaming/crack addict! Loll

3 hours ago, Blazeyrobins said:

Last time I went there was a 1 - 0 win to us think Tinman got the goal (could be wrong) and backs to the wall after that.

Just like that February 1976 game. That was the defence of the Alamo stuff.

Archived