IGNORED

we can't compete

stephenkibby.

2 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Saturday could have gone either way, we could easily have lost that too.. Do you think Cotts is showing the correct attitude to bouy up his team at the moment and drag us out of this mess? The constant negatives are appalling..

knob!!

But we didn't.

I completely understand why he is frustrated, we must have fewer players than League Two teams.

You don't rate him, I think he'll keep us up.

Not much more to say, really.

I think he's finally realised that the players aren't good enough. He's kept faith in them, bigged them up and believed they would come good. They have let him down and showed they aren't up to it. Bar 2 or 3. 

I think he believed they would compete with just 1 or 2 proven signings. But that just hasn't been the case. Confidence must be so fragile at the minute. Hopefully he's sorted most transfers ready for January. Have to try and do damaged limitations till then. 

an utter shower, the team has no spine, the midfield is a void, we need 2 more players in there, Pack and Freeman are simply not up to it. We need a couple more defenders to have a flat back four and we can play a compact 4-5-1 with kodjia up top. Until then we will continue shipping goals like its Xmas

well at least it is xmas I guess...

I think to be honest this season could go either way and no one will be really confident of staying up or going down if we keep or sack Cotts. We have a very small sqaud that is of league one standard , we failed to invest pre season and might have avoided the situation we currently find ourselves in, I would like to know why , this might actually not be Cotts fault. 

22 minutes ago, BITW said:

Not sure what people's expectations are on here. Let's fire SC get someone else in & blow smoke up his ass for a year until he goes on a bad run then we'll all come to the conclusion he's shit and out of his depth and repeat the process again. Football 2015...

We've got exactly what I expected.

Start a season in a higher division with a weaker core squad, plugged with loan signings. Recipe for disaster. I'm not sure what happened in the summer, although the COE left pretty sharpish in September. I haven't seen any comments from the chairman telling us we've planned for all this. Cotterill has looked despondent almost every time I've seen him this season, he knows the squad isn't good enough. I don't think it's his fault, lets hope the board get on with providing the money in January and keep their noses out of everything else, as it should be.    

@GrahamC I'm with you - others aren't.  

Tonight was a poor result, Saturday was a good one.

I am a little worried that we've had a few heavy defeats of late, but I really think Cotts has treated the 3 games in 7 days as exactly that....knowing we have a thin squad.

I expect Wilbs and Kodjia to start Saturday, and fresh too.  There was a lot of moaning over the way he handled the squad in similar situations.

Yds, I'm putting a positive spin on it, but that's the way I am.  He is under pressure in the toughest second division there's ever been.  The TV deals has made it very difficult.  I'm fine that others want him to go.  We are not guaranteed to stay up with him or with a new man, nor are we definitely going down.

The club should've stuck to their guns re "we were quoted £7m for a Championship striker (Gray)....there's a spike in the market....we ain't paying that" approach. The ensuing bids for Gray just raised expectations about who we were after / who we might be able to afford.

January transfer window and results over the Xmas period will either dampen the fires or add fuel to it.

I can't wait for Saturday v QPR and getting behind the boys and Cotts.  A point will be a good point, bearing in mind their comeback v Brighton.  

I did not expect to win tonight, but this season is a wasted opportunity to build on a wonderful promotion season, and unless there is some improvement we will be back to League 1.

Our last manager was sacked for dragging the mood of the Club down, and I am sure Steve L will not be happy with tonight's comments from Steve C.

I find it amazing that the supporters still only hear from the manager on the Clubs recruitment policy

4 minutes ago, Swede said:

I don't know what people expect!!!

The first thing I thought of on seeing his post match interview is you "reap what you sow"

Poor recruitment policy in the summer left us playing catchup & whether it's Cotts, Burt or the Board we can only speculate.

What he is is a very frustrated person.

He knew we would lose the match so he rested Kodjia for Saturday.

Im sorry, but i simply dont buy that, we have shown that with organisation we can get results in dificult places.

no way did he enter that game knowing he wa going to lose.

you dont throw the towel in in this league, its derby county not PSG for pity sake.

kodjia was not rested for saturday at all, he has not been at the races since before the  international break.

there is a love in with JK, and i guess i understand why, but he could go missing now the winter is here and times are challenging , i hope not, but i have seen it with that type of player before.

the gaffa genuinely thought he could stretch derby by changing to two banks of four but we defended badly on every goal.

no wonder he is livid... He should be and the players need to wake up and we need to stop harping on about the summer transfer policy, it isnt helping anybody.

I don't know what people expect. Cotts is right, we can't compete financially with the likes of Derby. We've done about as well as could be expected. It's the same when teams get promoted to the Prem - they are almost always around the relegation zone in their first season, and many go straight back down. If we can survive in the Championship this season, Cotts has done a good job. We were never going to finish in the top six - get real

3 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

:facepalm: Would you say the same if Messi did it? Let's face it it was a bizarre team selection and all that but there are certain things the manager cannot influence. 

coaching? Selection? Transfer policy (questionable, I'll give you that one). 

But mainly seeing the flaws our players may have and adjusting tactics and subs to compensate, surely that's what a managers job description is?

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

coaching? Selection? Transfer policy (questionable, I'll give you that one). 

But mainly seeing the flaws our players may have and adjusting tactics and subs to compensate, surely that's what a managers job description is?

Of course, but do you not assess a managers performance based on the circumstances? I.e. he has a League One team, through no fault of his own, and in fairness is quite possibly overachieving with the tools he has available.

7 minutes ago, robin4ever said:

Such a clown ... YOU ARE ..... !!! Send your cv in .... With you on charge we would do well to win a  throw in !!!!

Hay rob he may be a right moaning F..k  But every t..t that post's on here really wants the best for us.

I do belive that at times some want us to loose [but only in their view for the greater good]

Hell I can't count the times when iv thought you f...ing w...kers that's the last time your wasting my time!!

11 minutes ago, djb6162 said:

Im sorry, but i simply dont buy that, we have shown that with organisation we can get results in dificult places.

you dont throw the towel in in this league, its derby county not PSG for pity sake.

kodjia was not rested for saturday at all, he has not been at the races since before the  international break.

there is a love in with JK, and i guess i understand why, but he could go missing now the winter is here and times are challenging , i hope not, but i have seen it with that type of player before.

the gaffa genuinely thought he could stretch derby by changing to two banks of four but we defended badly on every goal.

no wonder he is livid... He should be and the players need to wake up and we need to stop harping on about the summer transfer policy, it isnt helping anybody.

He left our two top goalscorers on the bench and changing the starting formation for the first time in about 70 games.  WTF was he expecting to happen?

If we stay up feels fifty fifty at the moment.

I just do not believe for a minute we cannot compete however in this league. Preston are competing. MK, with a much smaller budget are competing and making the best of what they have. Cotts, whoever, certainly the players, have to retain belief or all really is lost this season.

I do not have a scooby doo who was the blame for the close season fiasco. If it was Cotts, chasing rainbows, rather than  strengthening were we could realistically, then it was his. Every manager has constraints.

We are were we are however. We dig out what we can, keep fighting (and supporting) and hope it falls the right way.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

After dropping Kodjia and giving that interview I think my opinion of giving him until the end of the season may certainly have changed.

We do not know in truth why he dropped Kodjia. Might have a knock, whatever. The body language is worrying however.

7 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Hay rob he may be a right moaning F..k  But every t..t that post's on here really wants the best for us.

I do belive that at times some want us to loose [but only in their view for the greater good]

Hell I can't count the times when iv thought you f...ing w...kers that's the last time your wasting my time!!

I dunno, I reckon there's one or two who'd quite happily see us lose on Saturday if a certain player scores, because it would prove them 'right'.

I've watched us against Brighton, Hull, Burnley, not Boro but we certainly competed in all of those games. We can compete we just need to do it on the regs which isn't that easy. If we were bottom like Bolton I'd totally agree with the statement "we can't compete" but the fact is we clearly can. With a good january on and off the pitch I wouldn't be surprised to see us finish in 12th-16th

4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

He left our two top goalscorers on the bench and changing the starting formation for the first time in about 70 games.  WTF was he expecting to happen?

Is that the same formation that just about everyone on here has been begging him to change since the first game of the season.

and is that the striker that everyone was begging him to drop in place of agard.

be careful what you wish for comes to mind

12 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

I don't know what people expect. Cotts is right, we can't compete financially with the likes of Derby. We've done about as well as could be expected. It's the same when teams get promoted to the Prem - they are almost always around the relegation zone in their first season, and many go straight back down. If we can survive in the Championship this season, Cotts has done a good job. We were never going to finish in the top six - get real

See I disagree, look at how many teams have proven that finances do not restrict you if your club is being run well and the recruitment /coaching etc is good enough. Southampton, Swansea, Norwich, Bournemouth all in the Premier League, all had poor finances at one point and were seen as small. They didn't get where they are by splashing cash, they got there through building a solid club backbone and working hard. Yes money makes things easier but there are a lot of teams who have had worse finances than us and done a lot better than we have.

I'm not saying we should be top of the league, but we sure as hell shouldn't be struggling so much after having the season we did in our last.

On 06/12/2015 at 23:30, 'keepuplino' said:

Should of, could have, would have...if if if!!!

so boring 

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

See I disagree, look at how many teams have proven that finances do not restrict you if your club is being run well and the recruitment /coaching etc is good enough. Southampton, Swansea, Norwich, Bournemouth all in the Premier League, all had poor finances at one point and were seen as small. They didn't get where they are by splashing cash, they got there through building a solid club backbone and working hard. Yes money makes things easier but there are a lot of teams who have had worse finances than us and done a lot better than we have.

I'm not saying we should be top of the league, but we sure as hell shouldn't be struggling so much after having the season we did in our last.

And how many years did it take for Bournemouth to get to the Prem? Decades! It can be done but we shouldn't think it's our God-given right. This season was always going to be a struggle

37 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Saturday could have gone either way, we could easily have lost that too.. Do you think Cotts is showing the correct attitude to bouy up his team at the moment and drag us out of this mess? The constant negatives are appalling..

knob!!

You're constant negatives are even more appalling. Do the team a favour and take Saturday off from the gate 

19 minutes ago, djb6162 said:

Hay dj see your thinking. Don't think for a minute he went to derby to loose.

But once going behind with the set up of that team bryan,flint,moore,baker,williams could you ever see us coming back?

My view was had to score first, if we didn't there was no way back with that line up.

By the way totally get your thoughts on Kodjia.

3 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Hay dj see your thinking. Don't think for a minute he went to derby to loose.

But once going behind with the set up of that team bryan,flint,moore,baker,williams could you ever see us coming back?

My view was had to score first, if we didn't there was no way back with that line up.

By the way totally get your thoughts on Kodjia.

Look i guess, and its only a guess, is that he thought that with twenty to go we could still be in it, and i expected him to throw wibbs and kodjia on if we were 1-0 down 

and just wibbs on if we were 0-0

But all that got ripped away from him with the second half capitulation.

Archived