IGNORED

Micheal Appleton

KeepUpLino

1 hour ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

It has been suggested that the man to replace John Pelling is Mark Ashton.

Mark Ashton is best mates with Michael Appleton!!

So is it Ashton's turn to give his mate a job then? 

11 minutes ago, djb6162 said:

i think there are elements of what you say that i understand, however slowly but surely Oxford are playing some nice football

and although their league position doesn't say so, they are head and shoulders playing the best football league 2 has seen for a long time.

Equally Appleton has found some gems, i have been banking on about Kemar Roofe some months now as an example

i am not advocating his appointment, just balancing the debate a little

Darryl Eales is a really nice bloke, who could have pressed the panic button last year and didn't.

He is now getting what he and his family deserve, and that is an Oxford team heading for the championship in double quick time IMO.

Don't entirely dismiss Appleton is what i am saying,

Valid points, Mr B - but if Cotts couldn't attract the level of player here how will MA?

1 minute ago, Alex#40 said:

With all the respect in the World though we don't have time slowly but surely do anything. We don't have time to find some gems. If we don't get the instant reaction that many clubs who do what we've done now do then we will be playing in front of 15,000 empty seats. We need an almost instant reaction from the new boss and instant signings. Someone like a Pearson or a Moyes (however unlikely) would instantly give you a chance to sign players on their name alone and we need that. It has to be a quick fix this time, albeit with long term in mind. No point in Tisdale or Appleton.

that is true and an angle i had not considered that in my response to be fair

39 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Don't tell me, he'd bring oblivion and crowds of 5000.

You as much as anyone wanted Cotterill gone, you're going to have to suck it up, whoever replaces him.

What's that old saying about careful and wishing........??!!

That is a strong return, GR. Back with a bang!

2 minutes ago, RiverRed said:

According to the Daily Star, Mr Appleton is wanted by Manure as a coach.

As I say, that's the Daily Star, so he more than likely won't be going to Manure...

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/487688/Man-United-transfer-news-three-deals-Michael-Appleton-coach

That's what I mean, he's obviously really highly regarded as a coach. Anyone got much knowledge about him?

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

I think Appleton has been a bit unlucky so far in the clubs he has managed. He's taken jobs at the wrong time. It could also be argued he was naive in taking them. 

I don't think this would be as bad as most people probably will 

Great a manager that has already made at least 4 naive/bad choices.

A few years back, I remember Michael Appleton being seen as a highly-rated coach tipped for big things in the game.  That was before he manged of course but perhaps the idea is he's primarily a coach and the DoF focuses on the recruitment side.  He certainly would be nowhere near my first-choice but neither would Cotts have been and that worked out.  So, whilst I'd hope it was someone else, I'll back whoever gets appointed. 

6 minutes ago, robin4ever said:

Put your hat in the ring .... Go on apply . Would be hilarious to see.  you moaning and sniping about yourself. You would have a good chance IMO as they are looking for a cheap clueless yes man with very limited knowledge .... Oh by the way block me .....

You would think it would be impossible to dislike someone based on posts on a forum and not even knowing them personally but you my son are a grade A plonker.....

Would be quite happy to meet you in the Coopers Sat for a debate, feel free to PM me and we'll sort something out.. ASSHOLE!!!

2 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

You would think it would be impossible to dislike someone based on posts on a forum and not even knowing them personally but you my son are a grade A plonker.....

Would be quite happy to meet you in the Coopers Sat for a debate, feel free to PM me and we'll sort something out.. ASSHOLE!!!

No need for the last bit mate, tensions running high and all that, but lets try and keep it friendly

Archived