IGNORED

Micheal Appleton

KeepUpLino

1 minute ago, ten minutes of rough said:

Who's string you pulling? you don't invite someone for a coffee, and end the invite with the ASSHOLE comment. You probably typed it in the moment, best probably to retract, and let sleeping dogs etc.

Come on Ten minutes, would you appreciate being called thick amongst over things? the man knows nothing about me? Calling me a C### would have been far less offensive and i would have laughed it off

Its all been put to bed anyhow...

2 hours ago, SecretSam said:

soooo...who is it?

It could be.....Gary Monk, well more hope than anything else, apparently GM is very organised, well thought of in the game and would be the ideal fit IMO, not overly demonstrative, level headed, and the sort of character that would fit in with the Board I reckon. Given his defensive qualities would be another plus, I see him as the club manager, not head coach, like to see Wade Elliott step up alongside or to be given the day to day first team coaching. Pembo? not sure about him, but we don't know an awful lot either.

3 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Come on Ten minutes, would you appreciate being called thick amongst over things? the man knows nothing about me? Calling me a C### would have been far less offensive and i would have laughed it off

Its all been put to bed anyhow...

Nah take your point, however we are all in this mess together, no point in falling out, been sorted so that's OK.

One thing about this place is that we do seem to have a bit of respect for each other, nothing wrong with a bit of banter, we all love it, but seem to know when to draw the line.

39 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Who are you his best buddy? The bloke was getting personal with me so i acted how i would act in any situation (is this something you find acceptable?), the man's got my phone number now so if he's wants to abuse me to my face he can... Argument over!!

21 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Exactly that mate

What else did you put in your PM besides your number.... Fancy a coffee mate??

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

Are you saying we are the new Blackpool?  If he took this job it would be nothing like when he took over at Blackpool or Portsmouth where he had not one penny to spend.  Blackburn were going through their mad time with the chicken owner.  

Remember that nobody wanted Cotterill when he took over.  Did you enjoy last season?

I'd say there are a hell of a lot of parallels to Blackpool and Pompey - tiny squad and f all chance to build upon it, albeit due to the transfer window rather than cash; although some would say cash too. 

I'd assert you can substitute 'not a penny' to 'not a window' in these circumstances without being distortive

2 hours ago, supercidered said:

Honestly, if that happens, we had may as well start planning for next season in League 1. We may as well just keep Wadey and Pembs in charge. This would be really, really bad. We don't need a coach. We need a proven no frills Manager!

Well we tried a "no thrills" manager with SOD ;)

We need to attract players....Appleton will surely have the worst pulling power since Millen.

Sherwood, Pearson, Clarke will attract names.

But Appleton the cheaper option that fits with phiolosophy of the club.

The board want a premiership club, they will not get that with Appleton...our structure and phiolosophy must change if we are to get to the top.

sorry but for me Appleton would be a huge backwards step and take us back to a league 1 club with a lower potential of promotion than under Cotterill.

Appleton a good coach but God he has done nothing as a manager as of yet.

One of my work colleagues supports Oxford.  He said he wasn't very happy when Appleton was appointed but is quite pleased now.  They are playing nice passing football apparently and are doing well on 3 fronts (League, FA cup, Paint Pot (where they just won at Millwall).  He would be disappointed to see him go

4 hours ago, djb6162 said:

i think there are elements of what you say that i understand, however slowly but surely Oxford are playing some nice football

and although their league position doesn't say so, they are head and shoulders playing the best football league 2 has seen for a long time.

Equally Appleton has found some gems, i have been banking on about Kemar Roofe some months now as an example

i am not advocating his appointment, just balancing the debate a little

Darryl Eales is a really nice bloke, who could have pressed the panic button last year and didn't.

He is now getting what he and his family deserve, and that is an Oxford team heading for the championship in double quick time IMO.

Don't entirely dismiss Appleton is what i am saying,

stop-panicking-mr-burns-is-not-leaving-t

4 hours ago, Loderingo said:

One of my work colleagues supports Oxford.  He said he wasn't very happy when Appleton was appointed but is quite pleased now.  They are playing nice passing football apparently and are doing well on 3 fronts (League, FA cup, Paint Pot (where they just won at Millwall).  He would be disappointed to see him go

Let's hope he is not disappointed then.

Right then, after having to scroll through all the playground exchanges, must say I wouldn't be all that excited with Appleton being appointed. 

I did feel the same way with SC though, and he rather well.

If our transfer failings were down to lack of funding from the board, this will be confirmed if we appoint MA. The cheapest option. 

If our transfer failings were down to players not wanting to play for SC, I can't see MA being any more of a draw. 

I think we need a name, and quickly. Can't see the board sanctioning it though, due to costs. 

And so begins the cycle. Premier League dreams. League One attitude 

39 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Appleton now favorite on thesackrace at 2/1, with Pearson 2nd at 4/1, equally worrying is Colin now third favorite at 7/1 (same on Sky)

On skybet he is 2nd favorite at 5/2 behind Pearson who is 7/4

Moyes drifting down the betting

Shouldnt worry, saw SL coming out of BetFred in Burnham on Sea 10 minutes ago in disguise, my mate works there and insider info tells me he put 10 million on Colin at 7/1.

That will pay for the new stadium nicely with a bit of change to let Colin get us some new players by Jan 31st .

He didnt get where he is today by not being shrewd with money. :sun:

22 minutes ago, Just Red said:

Would be the worst appointment possible and if this Mr Ashton thinks he would be a good appointment he can f off out of this club also.

THat's not true is it?  I think Dean Saunders would be worse for starters,  

Appleton could well think to himself 'I've managed 3 clubs in this division, all have been basket cases and I've been unsuccessful.  Perhaps it's best that I stay where I am, achieve something and then think about moving on.  He's had the reputation of being a good coach but hasn't actually won anything as a manager.  From his point of view it would be a risky move.  

Archived