IGNORED

Micheal Appleton

KeepUpLino

18 minutes ago, Collis1 said:

Its laughable that people are writing Appleton off.  For all we know he could be a great appointment.

and for all we know he could be a total disaster, his record is in general appalling, we have had managers who have divided opinion from day one, let's have a manager that the fans can actually get excited about from day one for a change.

53 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

The blokes beginning to get very personal Woodsy something i don't take kindly too and seems to be searching me out on a regular basis!!

R4E has previous on it , I've  picked him up on it before and he didn't like it. Attack the post not the poster or have the rules changed? 

5 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

You wanna bet cowboy? Meet me outside The tip at Horsley and I'll show you. 

You'll have to be more specific*?

** Never been to Horsley

4 minutes ago, Griffin said:

If we sign MA then **** my season ticket renewal and **** the board. SC couldn't get in the players we need so how the ****  will MA do it?

I don't get that attitude at all.  Surely the biggest lesson from Cotts' appointment and success is that fans shouldn't pre-judge managers before they're appointed and should get behind whoever gets the job?

And let's not forget that Michael Appleton is nothing if not well-connected.  In particular, he has a really good links with Man Utd (Ferguson, Neville and Giggs all testified for him when he sued for the injury that ended his career and even today he's being linked with a move back into their coaching team) and he's highly-respected as a coach.  He's not who I want but neither is he a non-entity and arguably he has more routes to doing deals with big clubs than Cotterill did. 

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

I don't get that attitude at all.  Surely the biggest lesson from Cotts' appointment and success is that fans shouldn't pre-judge managers before they're appointed and should get behind whoever gets the job?

And let's not forget that Michael Appleton is nothing if not well-connected.  In particular, he has a really good links with Man Utd (Ferguson, Neville and Giggs all testified for him when he sued for the injury that ended his career and even today he's being linked with a move back into their coaching team) and he's highly-respected as a coach.  He's not who I want but neither is he a non-entity and arguably he has more routes to doing deals with big clubs than Cotterill did. 

I'm not holding any judgement on his managing as it really can go anyway. However, it's shown nobody wants to come here, even if we finish mid table (which we obviously wouldn't) our aim is apparently to push for the prem and i can't see anyone of that quality to join a team managed by MA.

19 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

I said this on another thread - if Cotts couldn't get better players through the door, how would MA. What has he done in his career?

Whether he'd be the man or not is open to debate, the line above, I fear, is not

Unless Cotts personality prevented players from joining. Or perhaps he was trying to sign the wrong players.  We will never know for certain.

I would prefer a 'big name' in this instance because we need to get some decent signings in sharpish.

2 minutes ago, Collis1 said:

Unless Cotts personality prevented players from joining. Or perhaps he was trying to sign the wrong players.  We will never know for certain.

I would prefer a 'big name' in this instance because we need to get some decent signings in sharpish.

Agreed. Would a big name fancy a club where you can bid £2m for a player and be out of a job 6 days later? I'm not sure it smacks of a club who know what they are doing!

2 minutes ago, Collis1 said:

No idea why I copied it twice!?

We will have to take what we get.  Like it or lump it.  Its not like there are loads of great managers fighting it out for this appointment.  No big names want to come here. They will turn an interview down flat.  I have no faith in this board.  They will make a mess of this.  They have just lost there inside man SC, who before his appointment advised the board on football matters as a paid consultant

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Wrong job at wrong time !

What manager walks into a club in a good time?

He has no experience of turning clubs around at this level

2 hours ago, 29AR said:

What would you call his taking of this job at this time?!

Are you saying we are the new Blackpool?  If he took this job it would be nothing like when he took over at Blackpool or Portsmouth where he had not one penny to spend.  Blackburn were going through their mad time with the chicken owner.  

Remember that nobody wanted Cotterill when he took over.  Did you enjoy last season?

15 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

So keepuplino offers someone out for a 'debate' in a pub and its robin4ever's fault? And who are you the forum police??

Who are you his best buddy? The bloke was getting personal with me so i acted how i would act in any situation (is this something you find acceptable?), the man's got my phone number now so if he's wants to abuse me to my face he can... Argument over!!

3 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Who are you his best buddy? The bloke was getting personal with me so i acted how i would act in any situation (is this something you find acceptable?), the man's got my phone number now so if he's wants to abuse me to my face he can... Argument over!!

Nope... don't even know him. I'm sure threats of violence is against forum rules?? Mods please clarify.

2 hours ago, 'keepuplino' said:

You would think it would be impossible to dislike someone based on posts on a forum and not even knowing them personally but you my son are a grade A plonker.....

Would be quite happy to meet you in the Coopers Sat for a debate, feel free to PM me and we'll sort something out.. ASSHOLE!!!

2 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Where's the threat of violence?

why are you even antagonising the situation? grow up!!

9 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

So whats this then.....? you offering to buy him a coffee??

28 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

So keepuplino offers someone out for a 'debate' in a pub and its robin4ever's fault? And who are you the forum police??

No not at all. Just merely pointing a fact out regard the debate. He's slagged me off and also others that I've seen with no need to. Chill dude, no offence meant!

7 minutes ago, lenred said:

No not at all. Just merely pointing a fact out regard the debate. He's slagged me off and also others that I've seen with no need to. Chill dude, no offence meant!

indeed.  Keepuplino shouldn't be reacting to forum bullying but robin4ever does seem to have been needlessly goading him for days. Hard to see it as anything other than 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. 

2 hours ago, SecretSam said:

soooo...who is it?

It could be.....Gary Monk, well more hope than anything else, apparently GM is very organised, well thought of in the game and would be the ideal fit IMO, not overly demonstrative, level headed, and the sort of character that would fit in with the Board I reckon. Given his defensive qualities would be another plus, I see him as the club manager, not head coach, like to see Wade Elliott step up alongside or to be given the day to day first team coaching. Pembo? not sure about him, but we don't know an awful lot either.

Archived