IGNORED

Micheal Appleton

KeepUpLino

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I did, actually.

So did I.  Being a sad bastard I've found the post to prove it.  Nice to see my view more or less confirmed (plus my view of Dean Saunders and our board).

The Bard

• The Bard
  • Members
  • 1,310 posts

My opinion of Cotterill is based on what a mate who played at Cheltenham for him told me about him.  Basically, he's meticulous, has a very up and at em attitude and is focused on individuals winning their one on one battles.  

Can someone intelligent explain to me his failures? He's not Dean Saunders.  He's not even an odious egomaniac like Colin, Hollowhead or Di Canio. He's a bloke from Cheltenham who has a decent career as a football manager. 

When he took over Cheltenham they were a Southern League side and he left them in this division, 3 promotions later.  He's managed at Championship level and kept a smaller club than us (Burnley) there over a number of seasons.  He managed to keep Portsmouth in the league when the club was disintegrating around him.  Working for the muppets we have in charge will seem like a doddle in comparison. If he can do a similar job for us as he did for Notts County I'll be pleased as will everyone on here.

3 minutes ago, cynic said:

That article is crap. Purely by the fact they state cooper is on the shortlist. 

3 minutes ago, cynic said:

Jeez, we've sacked double winning Steve Cotterill and we're seriously considering a Swindon cast-off whose side fell apart under pressure last season and a chap from Oxford who no one in the country rated until his side delivered a cup upset.

This can't be true!

2 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Jeez, we've sacked double winning Steve Cotterill and we're seriously considering a Swindon cast-off whose side fell apart under pressure last season and a chap from Oxford who no one in the country rated until his side delivered a cup upset.

This can't be true!

Only we could replace a bloke who (against the odds) kept Pompey up, with someone who was in charge when they were relegated...

On ‎15‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 11:08, 'keepuplino' said:

The blokes beginning to get very personal Woodsy something i don't take kindly too and seems to be searching me out on a regular basis!!

Given some things you said over the past 2 years I understand why..........

On 15 January 2016 at 21:45, Red Exile said:

This can't be true!

Wahey, we don't half big up this 'winning the double' - division 3 and the trophy played for by teams in divs 3 and 4.....

1 hour ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

No you probably don't.... but before long I'm sure you will get your 'coffee invite' message tell you how you will 'debate' things..... 

Look forward to it.

I have realised something today, realised something that means I now know with certainty that the likes of keepupo are talking out their asses, that our most successful manager was hung out to dry by ahem amateurs, that Bristol City fans are being duped, that if this club were run by the calibre of people I have long advocated together with the cash that's been pumped in, that we would not be in this mess.

16 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Look forward to it.

I have realised something today, realised something that means I now know with certainty that the likes of keepupo are talking out their asses, that our most successful manager was hung out to dry by ahem amateurs, that Bristol City fans are being duped, that if this club were run by the calibre of people I have long advocated together with the cash that's been pumped in, that we would not be in this mess.

What you've got to understand Nick is that everyone's got a right to an opinion..

And remember mate it's just a forum and it's only football... Nothing in the grander scheme of things!!

4 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

What you've got to understand Nick is that everyone's got a right to an opinion..

And remember mate it's just a forum and it's only football... Nothing in the grander scheme of things!!

Nothing in the grander scheme of things to the extent you feel the need to post after post after post negativity about our enormously successful ex manager who has been shafted.

You do not understand what has happened.

1 minute ago, NickJ said:

Nothing in the grander scheme of things to the extent you feel the need to post after post after post negativity about our enormously successful ex manager who has been shafted.

I thought Cotts was fantastic last year and was wrong about him, I admitted that!!

I personally think he drove himself out of the club with his stubbornness.. If he had been a tad more flexible with his teams and formations maybe we would be where we are now? The subs must have felt like a spare part sat on that bench knowing they went gonna play a part what ever happened!!

4 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

I thought Cotts was fantastic last year and was wrong about him, I admitted that!!

I personally think he drove himself out of the club with his stubbornness.. If he had been a tad more flexible with his teams and formations maybe we would be where we are now? The subs must have felt like a spare part sat on that bench knowing they went gonna play a part what ever happened!!

Yes he was stubborn because it is what he believed in - thats what dug us out of a deep **** up, remember?

Ever occurred he may have been absolutely shafted to save the embarrassment of others?

1 hour ago, NickJ said:

And you have never had a good word to say about the owner either, so you can't really preach about someone else having an agenda.

28 minutes ago, screech said:

And you have never had a good word to say about the owner either, so you can't really preach about someone else having an agenda.

I can disprove that by many comments including one on a thread only earlier this evening.

So maybe you are the one with an agenda.

SL is a good chap in many ways no doubt but we all have our faults.

Archived