IGNORED

Twentyman on radio Bristol

kiwicolin

2 minutes ago, Just Red said:

So if we got Burt identifying talent and Ashton signing players we don't really need a manager do we? May as well just get someone to pick the team and have it that way.

I feel slightly, well not slightly but majorly uncomfortable that Ashton has been brought in and his first task is to hire a manager. 

I think he's more there to identify a manger. The final decision will be Dawe, SL, etc

1 minute ago, Just Red said:

So if we got Burt identifying talent and Ashton signing players we don't really need a manager do we? May as well just get someone to pick the team and have it that way.

I feel slightly, well not slightly but majorly uncomfortable that Ashton has been brought in and his first task is to hire a manager. 

Do you mean, someone like a....................head coach?!

2 minutes ago, grifty said:

I think he's more there to identify a manger. The final decision will be Dawe, SL, etc

A manger, or trough, is a feeder that is made of carved stone, wood, or metal construction and is used to hold food for animals (as in a stable). Mangers are mostly used in livestock raising. They are also used to feed wild animals, e.g., in nature reserves.

Lorra larfs.

5 minutes ago, Just Red said:

Well it's not exactly been Steve Lansdown's strong point, has it?

He's coming across very well tbf.

1 minute ago, Coppello said:

Why, what did he say?!

Twentyman asked abut signing 24 and under players. Ashton said we'll be looking at all players.

Twentyman also read out a quote from Daily Mail about a £1m for Dack and Ashton tried to dodge it saying he doesn't want to mention individuals.

2 minutes ago, Coppello said:

Why, what did he say?!

We will continue to try to sign under 24's, but face competition from many, many others. We are currently looking at seasoned pros.

1 minute ago, grifty said:

Theres a lot of faff! Lots of sentences that sound like they mean something, but don't...

Exactly my thoughts. Clever use of language to distract you away from the main issue, and innevitably leave you feeling satisfied with a response that doesn't really make the situation any clearer.

Archived