IGNORED

A 1Million bid gone in for Dack

rockinrobin

4 minutes ago, Kibs said:

Anyway, I'm still trying to think of a reason as to why Dack would leave a team in the middle of a Promotion battle with a highly rated young manager for a team in a relegation battle without a manager.

1) How would you like to double your wages Bradley?; and

2) How about a nice five-figure signing on fee too?

There's also the factor of how small our squad is and that it can work in his favour, he'd near enough be guaranteed games for the rest of the season to prove himself at the level, he could try and get a relegation release clause so if we went down he could easily return to the championship, you'd expect someone would take the punt.

6 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

1) How would you like to double your wages Bradley?; and

2) How about a nice five-figure signing on fee too?

He'll double them in June/July regardless, he's done enough to guarantee a Championship move. If he signs for us, he could well find himself back in League 1. 

If I remove my City rose tinted glasses, I wouldn't move if I was him. 

13 minutes ago, Kibs said:

Thats the same guy who said the Zach Clough deal was done and he would sign for us. I think he just regurgitates stories from other areas in the media in the hope that they come off.  

Anyway, I'm still trying to think of a reason as to why Dack would leave a team in the middle of a Promotion battle with a highly rated young manager for a team in a relegation battle without a manager.

He'd have to be mental. Even if Gillingham don't go up he's virtually guaranteed to get a Championship move in the summer. 

Understand the point, but for me the reason is the same as why players sign for Burnley over us. Right now, they are a bigger club than us. We are a bigger club than the Gills.

There. I have said it.

1 minute ago, cynic said:

I'm surprised that needed pointing out tbh.

The infrastructure here would also be a plus.

If we get the bid accepted, he'll come here - if theres no tangible competition of course.

Still a risk as its a step up..

It didn't, I think thats a given - doubling his wages. 

I just don't see us as that attractive a proposition in our current position.  

5 minutes ago, Kibs said:

He'll double them in June/July regardless, he's done enough to guarantee a Championship move. If he signs for us, he could well find himself back in League 1. 

There are no guarantees in football, my friend.

What if he got crocked in April?

We put an offer in front of him to double his wages, that is time-expired, I can assure you that kind of offer will focus his mind. Any lingering doubts he may have will soon evaporate!

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

There are no guarantees in football, my friend.

What if he got crocked in April?

We put an offer in front of him to double his wages, that is time-expired, I can assure you that kind of offer will focus his mind. Any lingering doubts he may have will soon evaporate!

True enough, you never know whats round the corner! I certainly hope we can get him in. Given whats gone on, I still think my pessimism is justified!! ;)  

It didn't, I think thats a given - doubling his wages. 

I just don't see us as that attractive a proposition in our current position.  

And if he performs well for us and we are still relegated he can stay in the championship and we can make a nice little profit. If he doesn't perform well and no one else wants him on the summer we know we have a good league 1 player of that is the league we are in.

Cant see why this one wouldn't work?

3 minutes ago, cynic said:

An extra guaranteed 150k per annum  isn't attractive ?

Bird in the hand and all that...

Hope you're right! Would be a great signing and one that I'd like to have seen us make in the Summer. 

True enough, you never know whats round the corner! I certainly hope we can get him in. Given whats gone on, I still think my pessimism is justified!! ;)  

This links in to the point I think Ashton made about it would be a lot easier if we had six more points. The big spenders in this league will go for players with proven Championship, if not premier league experience. We need to take a risk, and Bristol City is exactly the sort of team he will end up with next. Our position does however make it just that little bit more difficult, I agree.

2 minutes ago, Chivs said:

Is he any good?  I must have seen Gillingham 6 times (OK, I exaggerate) last season and I can't recall any of their players.

Looked good on tv (OK, that was a one off game) when Gills played Wigan a few weeks ago. Cracking free kick on him and loads of creativity with the ball.

Definitely worth taking the chance on.

34 minutes ago, Kibs said:

So if he was to get injured on Feb 1st and be out for the rest of the season he'd be guaranteed a move to a champ team?

4 minutes ago, finbarr_in_zurich said:

A manager less club bids for a player. How does that work then?

chances are managerless City will bring in more players then when we had a manager

would find it hard as a player like Dack to move here when we are in the drop zone and without a helmsman

also, frankly, other positions (CDM CDM CDM CDM x1000) are more important than Dack

5 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

chances are managerless City will bring in more players then when we had a manager

would find it hard as a player like Dack to move here when we are in the drop zone and without a helmsman

also, frankly, other positions (CDM CDM CDM CDM x1000) are more important than Dack

That's a lot of chocolate.

I also find it difficult to understand how a player can make a decision to move to a new club, not knowing who the boss is, whether he'd likely be played, played to his strengths, whether he got on with the boss. Too many questions unless it's the money that counts in the end.

Archived