IGNORED

A 1Million bid gone in for Dack

rockinrobin

Go in with 2 million, the money's there as already proved earlier in the season - Gayle, Grey and Clough. 

Don't ass about with it, already been left with egg on faces.

2 million with a deadline, throw in a sell on and the usual gumph. Just get him. 

2 hours ago, milo1111 said:

If Dack badly wants to come here we will get him. If he isn't fussed we wont.

I agree!

It is probably also a case of how much Pembo/BoD/SL/Burt think he's worth in terms of value and to what extent he has value to a very decent Gillingham promotion push! Also exacerbated by their Chairman hating us with a vengeance!!! :laugh:

However he comes with a rep for scoring goals from midfield and he can play a bit....Right now we need very decent competition for places across the board to raise the standard.

Either way I'm starting to feel a bit more confident that we are heading in the right direction and this makes me happy!!!

3 hours ago, phantom said:

Scally has long had a problem with Bristol City FC, wasn't he going to take action against once?

Am I correct in saying it was to do with us "poaching" Pulis?

He did, tried to get £250K out of us for Pulis, he should have paid us £750K, infact come to think of it he should give us Dack for free.

2 hours ago, Taz said:

Go in with 2 million, the money's there as already proved earlier in the season - Gayle, Grey and Clough. 

Don't ass about with it, already been left with egg on faces.

2 million with a deadline, throw in a sell on and the usual gumph. Just get him. 

Is that one of the problems? Gills know we have money to spend and know we are desparate to bring players in, so from their point of view it's a sellers market and they will try and force the price as high as possible.

In these circumstances , it's not what the player is worth that's important, it's what we are prepared to pay t get him in this window that counts. Expect us to pay over the odds if we get him.

2 hours ago, downendcity said:

Is that one of the problems? Gills know we have money to spend and know we are desparate to bring players in, so from their point of view it's a sellers market and they will try and force the price as high as possible.

In these circumstances , it's not what the player is worth that's important, it's what we are prepared to pay t get him in this window that counts. Expect us to pay over the odds if we get him.

Completely agree 100%. We showed our hand way too early (possibly through leaked reports admittedly) but that's the trouble - selling clubs know that, added to the facts that it's the Overpriced January Window, we're desperate to sign players to get out of it. I don't blame them to be honest, I'd hope we would be doing the same if someone came in for Kodjia or Smith.

Unfortunately I think we're at the point of no return now, we just have to suck it up and pay it.

8 hours ago, Kodjias Sprained Wrist said:

We have to sign Roofe this window.

I know he will be generating a lot of interest but this guy is probably the best talent in the lower leagues at the moment. I think this guy will be another Albert.

Just an average Championship player then? Many have said Albert has little by way of consistent end product. I get the impression Roofe has more than that albeit in League 2 at present. Difficult to compare.

Seems to me Roofe might be an all round better bet than Dack whom SC thought had a bit of an attitude problem; i trust our ex's judgement.

5 hours ago, billywedlock said:

His manager says he should stay at the Gills and we are not the right club for him right now. Looks like another one that is going nowhere. 

Gillingham, like 99% of others, is a selling club.  Pounds and pence will decide it, not the Gills boss.

From Radio Kent's Twitter...

#Gills' Justin Edinburgh says Bristol City haven't offered enough for Bradley Dack, and that Dack doesn't feel the move's right for him.

#Gills boss JE: "I spoke to Bradley [Dack] on a personal level & he made it quite clear he didn't think Bristol was the right move for him."

1 minute ago, Alex#40 said:

#Gills' Justin Edinburgh says Bristol City haven't offered enough for Bradley Dack, and that Dack doesn't feel the move's right for him.

#Gills boss JE: "I spoke to Bradley [Dack] on a personal level & he made it quite clear he didn't think Bristol was the right move for him."

That's that then. Next.....

1 minute ago, Alex#40 said:

Well he is a footballer, so he is right a move to a rugby club at this stage of his career wouldn't be a right move for him

2 minutes ago, Alex#40 said:

If that's truly Dack's view then some would think he's a tosser, but that's already on the record. ;)

I can take Bolton/Burnley/Palace players thinking we're a sideways move. But Gillingham FFS?! 

Could all be bluster from Edinburgh of course and they're just trying to drive the price up. 

That journo seemed to think Dack was interested in the move and seems he was pretty close to the mark where Clough was concerned. 

16 hours ago, Kodjias Sprained Wrist said:

We have to sign Roofe this window.

I know he will be generating a lot of interest but this guy is probably the best talent in the lower leagues at the moment. I think this guy will be another Albert.

Possibly better I reckon. But yeah he's in the Albert / Carayol mould.

With Gladwin on board though I'm not sure we'll go for Roofe now. Dack would add bite in midfield that Roofe doesn't offer. Shame, I would love to see us get Roofe - would be cheaper than Dack.

6 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

With Gladwin on board though I'm not sure we'll go for Roofe now. Dack would add bite in midfield that Roofe doesn't offer. Shame, I would love to see us get Roofe - would be cheaper than Dack.

Gladwin is only on loan

10 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

You want us to get Roofe because he's cheaper than Dack but in the same sentence you say that Dack offers what Roofe doesn't?

Surely it's Roofe/Gladwin who are more comparable, and with Gladwin only here for 3 months I wouldn't mind seeing Roofe coming in as well. Imagine Oxford would be desperate to hang on to him until the summer. 

7 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

Gladwin is only on loan

Which may well negate the need to bring in another AM in Roofe in January.

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

You want us to get Roofe because he's cheaper than Dack but in the same sentence you say that Dack offers what Roofe doesn't?

Surely it's Roofe/Gladwin who are more comparable, and with Gladwin only here for 3 months I wouldn't mind seeing Roofe coming in as well. Imagine Oxford would be desperate to hang on to him until the summer. 

I didn't say that. I simply commented that he would be cheaper than Dack.

I agree Gladwin and Roofe are both goalscoring AM's not known for their defensive work. I would 100% like to see us bring in Roofe as well as Gladwin but fear we probably won't with Gladwin on board - though can we extend his 3 month loan until the end of the season? If not, there there is certainly a case that we need to bring in another creative/goalscoring midfielder.

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Which may well negate the need to bring in another AM in Roofe in January.

I didn't say that. I simply commented that he would be cheaper than Dack.

I agree Gladwin and Roofe are both goalscoring AM's not known for their defensive work. I would 100% like to see us bring in Roofe as well as Gladwin but fear we probably won't with Gladwin on board - though can we extend his 3 month loan until the end of the season? If not, there there is certainly a case that we need to bring in another creative/goalscoring midfielder.

maybe one to keep and eye on for the summer?

Archived