IGNORED

A 1Million bid gone in for Dack

rockinrobin

41 minutes ago, hodge said:

You can't count having watched them in the championship as this is about this time last season. Dack has scored something like 20 goals from midfield in the last season and a half, if we had someone who could do that we'd have wanted a lot more than £1m for them.

Yeah, I understand that, I'm just making the point about why we might be critical of their valuation in light of our own experience. We had a defender who scored 15 in one season! :)

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:
25 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Have you had a windfall?!

£100,000 and you can buy me. I'm not exactly match fit, not particularly good with a football but I'm definitely stronger than Bobbie Reid. 

How much was Clough going to be? £2m. Roofe would be on half the wages Clough wanted, he asked ~15k a year which is ~800k. For me Roofe would be worth £2m considering he wouldn't be on ridiculous wages. Tore apart Swansea and the kind of players we should be getting. How much would you pay for him maximum?

36 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

How much was Clough going to be? £2m. Roofe would be on half the wages Clough wanted, he asked ~15k a year which is ~800k. For me Roofe would be worth £2m considering he wouldn't be on ridiculous wages. Tore apart Swansea and the kind of players we should be getting. How much would you pay for him maximum?

A million quid is an awful lot of money for a L2 player. An awful lot. I struggle to believe the very best player in league 2 would go for any more than 750k, but then I know jack shit about anything really, I'm glad these aren't decisions I have to make and I'm certainly glad that it isn't my money!

3 hours ago, MichaelRobartes said:

The os says that Gladwin's loan starts on Friday so that he can play all of our remaining games bar the last against QPR which he wouldn't be allowed to play in anyway. 

What about the play offs? Won't somebody please think of the play offs

Ashton out

I think Roofe will prove to be a good player. "He" is probably not worth 2m right now but his worth to Oxford probably is about that.

Could they get a replacement as good as him this January in the time remaining for a good price? I don't think so. Therefore his value is what he is worth to Oxford United which is very high.

Same for Dack.

Both are key players in their respective promotion bids. 

Everybody knows the January window is a pig of an idea. Nobody wants to sell unless you have an asset that is OOC at the end of the season. Oxford, Gillingham have budgeted for this season with their players, to shift them out is going to mean way overspending, if this is who we want then that's what we'll have to do.

Punishment I guess, for our shambolic summer recruitment.

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

A million quid is an awful lot of money for a L2 player. An awful lot. I struggle to believe the very best player in league 2 would go for any more than 750k, but then I know jack shit about anything really, I'm glad these aren't decisions I have to make and I'm certainly glad that it isn't my money!

Vardy was £1 million from non-league...

4 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

But think of what staying up is worth for us, if Roofe is that difference then he could be considered worth that. For me if we get a top class CAM player behind Kodjia we can start to climb away. If Brentford had paid £2m for Gray from Luton everyone would say he was worth it. If Leicester had paid £2m everyone would say he was worth it. Roofe may not turn out anywhere near as good as them two but I feel he has extra value for us because he's the type of player we are lacking. 

5 hours ago, eric04 said:

I'm sure their manager has told Dack this isn't the right move for him, as he wants him to stay. What the player really thinks for himself we are unlikely to find out but I suspect it is somewhat different.

I would imagine we 'would be the right club for him' if the fee was right! It sounds like Edinburgh is just blowing smoke up Dacks' arse TBH.

7 hours ago, MichaelRobartes said:

The os says that Gladwin's loan starts on Friday so that he can play all of our remaining games bar the last against QPR which he wouldn't be allowed to play in anyway. 

7 hours ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Thought I read somewhere that Gladwin's loan will start this Friday and the 93 days will cover right up until the end of the season?

Friday 22nd Jan + 93 days = 24th April, which means he misses the Huddersfield away game too.  Emergency loans cannot be extended beyond 93 days.

Perhaps whoever did the maths did our Financial Accounts too?  Maybe we really made a profit!

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Dacks got promise as a player but manager ?

Bit early for that Red4 !!

With the way things have been going recently, BD will probably turn down the chance to play for us, but if we offer the managers job as a sweetener we might just persuade him.

10 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think Roofe will prove to be a good player. "He" is probably not worth 2m right now but his worth to Oxford probably is about that.

Could they get a replacement as good as him this January in the time remaining for a good price? I don't think so. Therefore his value is what he is worth to Oxford United which is very high.

Same for Dack.

Both are key players in their respective promotion bids. 

Seeing as we have Gladwin on loan now anyway, think a good idea would be to go for Roofe, but with a loan back to Oxford for the rest of the season, they still keep a key player in their promotion bid until the summer and we have a bright prospect on the books. It then gives Oxford plenty of time to find a replacement before next season.

4 hours ago, City169 said:

Seeing as we have Gladwin on loan now anyway, think a good idea would be to go for Roofe, but with a loan back to Oxford for the rest of the season, they still keep a key player in their promotion bid until the summer and we have a bright prospect on the books. It then gives Oxford plenty of time to find a replacement before next season.

No, unfortunately due to our situation we'd need Roofe now. What if we did what you suggest and Gladwin can't find form and we continue to struggle?

We'd look very stupid. We need goals now and Roofe can score them.

Archived