IGNORED

A 1Million bid gone in for Dack

rockinrobin

Just now, Chairman Mao said:

oi, Girata or Fritter or whatever was a signing!

Indeed a french 3rd division "punt" who may turn out to be the second coming of Dele Adebola...or Bas Savage ;). It is amazing when you consider Gray, Gayle, Lingard, Crouch, Dack, Lafferty, Clough have all been either true interest and publicised to bump up the price or total bollocks from the likes of Stockhausen and still run for days on "news" sites etc. IF we are going to sign anyone of any quality then we've got to keep it quiet as we're about as unappealing at present as we have ever been at this level, at least on the pitch and any other interest sees them go elsewhere it seems.

11 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

I'm inclined to agree with Cotts on that one, any chance a player might unsettle the squad than its a no from me

of course if it turns out he's got the wrong end of the stick then go for him

I totally agree with you on this, for me, Dack was a silly boy that got caught in a drunken situation. You have to remember when all this hit the press has was only 19 or 20 years old (a mere child). We've all done silly things that we perhaps regretted later . . . .(not me of course, I'm holier than though) :tumbleweed:

41 minutes ago, God almighty from BS3 said:

Cotts didn't rate him as a footballer or a human being (which for what its worth I never understood). I raised Dack with him personally towards the end of last season, he was totally uninterested due to the fact that the lad had just had some particularly distasteful press coverage. He said that he didn't think that the club should be associated with behaviour like that . . . . .

I shared SC's view on Dack's behaviour and suitability at the time, if not his evaluation of the players' abilities.

However this season's transfer dealings have left me completely fatigued with being moralistic now. If Dack's good enough, has learnt his lesson, and won't disrupt the squad we should take Edinburgh and his comments out of the equation completely by upping our bid to a level Gillingham's board will find impossible to reject.

Before, inevitably, someone else does.

If you look at the way Posh value their players hes worth £2-3m and they tend to get the money they ask from Chamionship sides.  We let our big players go for too little when we got religated to League 1, if you can remeber how much Wigan paid for Dave Cotterill when he went and he had'nt scored half the goals and that was a decade ago nearly..  I would tend to agree with Justin that our bid would need to rise a lot.

To be fair it's only Gills rejecting the financial offer, not like the others where we've been turned down by the player. 

Cant imagine that we wouldn't turn his head as a club, bit different to come from Burnley/Palace/Bolton to us than Gillingham FFS. 

If we want him then no doubt a further offer will come. The closer we get to the transfer window closing, we'll see how good their resolve is...

50 minutes ago, God almighty from BS3 said:

2 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

If you look at the way Posh value their players hes worth £2-3m and they tend to get the money they ask from Chamionship sides.  We let our big players go for too little when we got religated to League 1, if you can remeber how much Wigan paid for Dave Cotterill when he went and he had'nt scored half the goals and that was a decade ago nearly..  I would tend to agree with Justin that our bid would need to rise a lot.

Dack's apparently keen so double it, with an ultimatum to Gillingham to take it or leave it by 6pm.

That should concentrate minds, and if it's a no we move on quickly.

7 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

To be fair it's only Gills rejecting the financial offer, not like the others where we've been turned down by the player. 

Cant imagine that we wouldn't turn his head as a club, bit different to come from Burnley/Palace/Bolton to us than Gillingham FFS. 

If we want him then no doubt a further offer will come. The closer we get to the transfer window closing, we'll see how good their resolve is...

If Dack badly wants to come here we will get him. If he isn't fussed we wont.

Archived