IGNORED

Ashton creating a monster?

Major Isewater

8 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Ok fair enough, but why say it in the first place. To me, it came across as if we had some seriously good managers who were very keen to come to our club.

Or is it that Mark Ashton is just using 'spin' ?

I would just like to know why we would be "surprised", because I'm still waiting for the proof.

I'm sure I've heard Lansdown or possibly even Sexy say exactly the same thing before. I bet there have been some very interesting/surprising names that have been interested in the City job over the years. Doesn't neccessarily mean they are viable or the right 'fit' for the club at any given time.

There was a strong rumour that Sven's representatives had given the City board a call once (possibly around the time Coppell was appointed?)

30 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I must admit that I guessed at 'amazed'! I knew it was something similar though!  

The fact that he said that and raised the hopes of thousands of us is starting to pee me off though. Why did he come out with a comment like that, when eight days later it seems like it was probably total bollox!

Ask the man himself. Let's hear Portland Bill calling in to Radio Bristol, next time Ashton is on

54 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I must admit that I guessed at 'amazed'! I knew it was something similar though!  

The fact that he said that and raised the hopes of thousands of us is starting to pee me off though. Why did he come out with a comment like that, when eight days later it seems like it was probably total bollox!

But we don't know what's going on. Until an appointment is made we won't know if what he said was true or not. We are just as likely to name Pearson or Sherwood or Moyes (which would be 'surprising' names) tomorrow as we are to name Pemberton (which would back up your view). However, we have no idea what's going on behind the scenes.

4 hours ago, citywest30 said:

But we don't know what's going on. Until an appointment is made we won't know if what he said was true or not. We are just as likely to name Pearson or Sherwood or Moyes (which would be 'surprising' names) tomorrow as we are to name Pemberton (which would back up your view). However, we have no idea what's going on behind the scenes.

I agree, we don't have a clue what's going on, but if we were to be "surprised" who has applied for the job ( and Ashton made great play in stating it more than once, plus what a big club we are blah blah) then 8-9 days later it would be conceivable that one of these candidates would have been interviewed and offered the job. Imo he came across as a swarmy politician trying to justify his job with us.

3 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I agree, we don't have a clue what's going on, but if we were to be "surprised" who has applied for the job ( and Ashton made great play in stating it more than once, plus what a big club we are blah blah) then 8-9 days later it would be conceivable that one of these candidates would have been interviewed and offered the job. Imo he came across as a swarmy politician trying to justify his job with us.

I'm not saying you're wrong...yet. We just don't know and as conceivable as your take on it is, it is just as conceivable that a vigorous interview regime is in place. Time will tell.

8 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Is this the same Ashton who eight ( EIGHT! ) days ago told us all that we would be amazed at some of the candidates that have applied for the managers job!

That was a 'monster' statement, perhaps it's about time he got one of these candidates in.

This man is full of it. I can't believe the naivety of some on here who  think answer to our problems. He tells people what they want to hear, that include the fans and the owner.

• Admin

Tin mans left leg, Mickey Bell's left foot, Jacki's flair, Garlands crossing, a dash of Mark Gavin, Glenn Humphries 'phsyco', Bob Taylor's right leg, Basso's belief, Robbie Turners determination, Scott Murray's Impishness and the season he scored 26 goals. Andy Coles arrogance, Caulkers potential, a pinch of Tommy Doherty - with the vices removed, Rob Newmans leadership, Orrs passion(to nick one from earlier in the thread), Dick's achievement, Beryl Fudges love for the club, SL's bank account, and a slice of luck. That should see a signing worth having.....

43 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Tin mans left leg, Mickey Bell's left foot, Jacki's flair, Garlands crossing, a dash of Mark Gavin, Glenn Humphries 'phsyco', Bob Taylor's right leg, Basso's belief, Robbie Turners determination, Scott Murray's Impishness and the season he scored 26 goals. Andy Coles arrogance, Caulkers potential, a pinch of Tommy Doherty - with the vices removed, Rob Newmans leadership, Orrs passion(to nick one from earlier in the thread), Dick's achievement, Beryl Fudges love for the club, SL's bank account, and a slice of luck. That should see a signing worth having.....

It's taken you all day to put this together ,bravo . :clap:

Top post ;

Archived