Lee Tomlin - Now Signed (on loan)

Spike

4 hours ago, P'head Red said:

Could try sticking to 4-3-3?

ROD
    LA    AF    NB    DW/SG

BG       KS       LF/JB

WB       JK        LT

Given that Pemberton has talked about the importance of being tighter defensively, I can't see we'd play 5 forwards / attacking midfielders.  Also, having had to take Baker off on Saturday, with his previous of being sent off due to stupidity, Pearce will probably get a chance.  I bet it's something like this:

ROD

LA         AF     AP       DW/SG/JB

MP     KS

BG/WB/LF           LT      LF/JB/BG/LF/BR           

JK

3 starting roles up for grabs.  

5 hours ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Yes!   He takes penalties as well.

3 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

Couldn't get one past Frankie Fielding though (great save, actually). But we still lost.

That was the first game I took Joe to at AG.  Yes, FF did make a great save from his penalty that day.  But Tomlin, Assombalonga, and Tyrone Barnett (yes, the same one) absolutely battered us that day, as did a certain Mark Little.

9 hours ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Afterwards it worked in full screen, anyway thanks WikiCIty!    I loved Thunderbirds and have the theme on my ringtones, Sad I know!  Didn't they use to brush out the strings?

If they did then they didn't do a very good job of it.

9 hours ago, Kodjia said:

People already having a go at his attitude, would a player with a bad attitude join a struggling club on loan?

Depends how much money they get.

Only being facetious. I get your point. My only concern is will he be hard working enough, enough of a team player for a relegation scrap. The flip side of course is maybe he could be the one to produce bits of magic to save us.

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

That was the first game I took Joe to at AG.  Yes, FF did make a great save from his penalty that day.  But Tomlin, Assombalonga, and Tyrone Barnett (yes, the same one) absolutely battered us that day, as did a certain Mark Little.

I'd forgotten about that match. What a depressing game.

1 hour ago, citywest30 said:

Depends how much money they get.

Only being facetious. I get your point. My only concern is will he be hard working enough, enough of a team player for a relegation scrap. The flip side of course is maybe he could be the one to produce bits of magic to save us.

Yes, I'm not sure he would've been on Cotts' radar…

6 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

This player makes me think of JET or Darren Caskey .

Hopefully the effectiveness of the former !

Caskey was a very good player but ' rolled ' up at City far too late in his career to be of much use to the team .

I reckon Tomlin shouldn't fall into that category, 27 years old so if anything that should be somewhere in middle of a footballers peak years. I always thought Caskey was 30 or older but maybe wrong.

Footballers worth their salt don't tend to be over the hill by that age, not at all.

28 minutes ago, BristolBEAT said:

I see it as a win win situation really, I think it's fair to say he's here for his career, to get game time and be our star player, from our (as a club) point of view he's here to be a creative vein and to ultimately help us stay up. His interviews don't suggest he's happy to be at bristol city, more like he's happy to be back playing football and being in the spot light. I don't mind that as such, but as long as he plays well and works hard then when he moves on in the summer I won't have any bad feelings. 

8 minutes ago, Kibs said:

Intersting interview actually, sounds like he was being advised to wait for other offers but basically just wanted to get going and get playing football.

That's got to good news, I think he feels that he's got a lot to prove and has a bit of attitude which is great, we do need a bit of a X factor and hopefully he will be it, he's an attacking midfielder whenever I've seen him, so I do think we still need a striker !

Archived