IGNORED

Lee Tomlin - Now Signed (on loan)

Spike

44 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Theres always one!   Have a few sips of that half empty glass and try to be positive, I have seen Tomlin play at  Middlesboro, and on his day he is quality, as long as he doesn't get sent off!!

Maybe. But I think Eddie H is a pretty good judge of character. As much as LT may be a decent player, he's a nasty piece of work. As always, just being honest in my opinion.

10 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

Could try sticking to 4-3-3?

ROD
    LA    AF    NB    DW/SG

BG       KS       LF/JB

WB       JK        LT

Yeah. Bryan or Williams would need to tuck in when necessary though. With LF in central 3 that would certainly work though I think. Its all about balance as well as individuals imo.

3 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Maybe. But I think Eddie H is a pretty good judge of character. As much as LT may be a decent player, he's a nasty piece of work. As always, just being honest in my opinion.

'A nasty piece of work'. Exactly what we need. Along with his strength, skill and shooting ability. IMO of course........

6 minutes ago, samo II said:

Looking at the current market, and his form last year; the price he moved for in the summer was actually surprisingly low.

Afobe has just gone to Bournemouth for a huge fee, and though it looks to have paid off, he's got less experience at this level than Tomlin, who has played Championship level football for most of the past five seasons.

If he's fit and motivated, he's as good a player in we could have signed in our current predicament.

Always been impressed whenever I've seen him, mainly for Peterborough I guess ,both live and on telly, creative player who always will try something different , scores goals so probably a step up from freeman.

7 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Maybe a nasty piece of work is just what we need. A player to do some dirty work allowing our flair players to concentrate on well, flair!

16 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

ROD
    LA    AF    NB    DW/SG

BG       KS       LF/JB

WB       JK        LT

Why would you drop Pack who's been immense recently and play Freeman? Just curious. 

Gotta be 

ROD

LA   AF   NB   JB

KS    MP

WB   LT   GLADWIN

Jk

33 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

What did he say?

I was impressed…comes across as full of self belief and hard as nails. The sort you'd want in your side and not against you. Got a decent track record and obviously believes in himself. Likes to play in the hole. Looking to come to a club where he's got a job to do rather than simply get game time. Knows Mark Little.

My wife an ardent Posh supporter is gutted Tomlin has joined City but added last time he played at AG he was sent off after 10 mins and helped City to a 3-0 win. Tomlin is a striker with good pace and touch and can spin on a sixpence. Always looked overweight but potentially is an ideal partner for Kodja, but has a volatile temperament.   

21 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

We may have finally found someone who can find Kodjia's runs. Imagine actual goals and assists from open play from one of our midfielders! Crazy thought. 

Would be nice if Jimmy would stay onside now and again when playing it to him. Lost count of how many times I have seen 'attempted through ball to Kodjia who is caught offside' on the bbc live text coverage.

1 minute ago, robin_unreliant said:

Would be nice if Jimmy would stay onside now and again when playing it to him. Lost count of how many times I have seen 'attempted through ball to Kodjia who is caught offside' on the bbc live text coverage.

Maybe having someone that thinks as quick as him will be nice 

5 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Good video, But!   Is in super marination?

Check out Gerry Anderson and Thunderbirds. It's their puppetry technique/style.

Or as Wiki would have it .... Supermarionation (a portmanteau of "super", "marionette" and "animation") is a puppetry technique devised in the 1960s by British production company AP Films. It was used extensively in the company's numerous Gerry and Sylvia Anderson-produced action-adventure series, the most famous of which was Thunderbirds. The term was coined byGerry Anderson, possibly in imitation of "Dynamation", Ray Harryhausen's stop-motion technique.[citation needed] 

10 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Check out Gerry Anderson and Thunderbirds. It's their puppetry technique/style.

Or as Wiki would have it .... Supermarionation (a portmanteau of "super", "marionette" and "animation") is a puppetry technique devised in the 1960s by British production company AP Films. It was used extensively in the company's numerous Gerry and Sylvia Anderson-produced action-adventure series, the most famous of which was Thunderbirds. The term was coined byGerry Anderson, possibly in imitation of "Dynamation", Ray Harryhausen's stop-motion technique.[citation needed] 

Afterwards it worked in full screen, anyway thanks WikiCIty!    I loved Thunderbirds and have the theme on my ringtones, Sad I know!  Didn't they use to brush out the strings?

1 hour ago, P'head Red said:

ROD
    LA    AF    NB    DW/SG

BG       KS       LF/JB

WB       JK        LT

My son has just stood behind me with one hand over his eye thinking this was an eyesight test.

4 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Sounds like he just wants to play more than anything, seems like location has for once worked in our favour!

Agree.

Whilst it's frustrating not to be signing players permanently this is a huge signing for us. In our current situation it is very unlikely we will be able to sign players of Tomlin's quality on a permanent deal, so I think credit should go to all involved on this one.  

39 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Afterwards it worked in full screen, anyway thanks WikiCIty!    I loved Thunderbirds and have the theme on my ringtones, Sad I know!  Didn't they use to brush out the strings?

They used strings ?

Archived