IGNORED

Lee Tomlin - Now Signed (on loan)

Spike

"Fat knacker" as he's fondly known as from my Boro supporting housemate.

The guy is very skillfull (you need to see his goal in the cup vs Man City last season), and can easily play in the number 10 role for us. He will provide creativity and hopefully a few goals. Very classy on his day. 

On the otherhand he can be a bit of a luxury player at times and goes missing during games. He also doesn't cover as much ground as many Boro fans would of liked. Don't expect a relegation battle who gives his all, however can also help you massively out with the extra class says my housemate. 

Also i am slightly concerned by the signing of Gladwin if this comes off, because I'd prefered Tomlin and an experienced defensive midfielder. Has Gladwin now got a place in our team? 

1 minute ago, Selred said:

The guy is very skillfull (you need to see his goal in the cup vs Man City last season), and can easily play in the number 10 role for us. He will provide creativity and hopefully a few goals. Very classy on his day. 

If only we'd held on to JET.....

8 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I'm delighted his signed. Think he's a class act and is exactly the calibre of player we need to sign more of. 

But look at the size of him...

To be fair that photo is from early pre season, sure he wasn't in that shape by the time the season started, especially considering he joined a prem side less than a month later. 

1 minute ago, Selred said:

Also i am slightly concerned by the signing of Gladwin if this comes off, because I'd prefered Tomlin and an experienced defensive midfielder. Has Gladwin now got a place in our team? 

My first thought was that surely he's a more experienced version of Gladwin. Both can play off the striker or cut in from wide, as can Freeman. Maybe this means Wes will head back to the bench?

i hope we have a plan and we are not just collecting attackers as they become available and end up with not enough funds to bring in the DM we badly need.

it will be interesting to see if the reported interest in Smith and Dack continues.

1 minute ago, Taylor10 said:

This would be an excellent signing and some very much needed positive news. I'm surprised he hasn't had offers from elsewhere as Tomlin is proven at this level. Great stuff if we pull it off. Class act.

Sounds like he just wants to play more than anything, seems like location has for once worked in our favour!

6 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Here is an interesting connection:-

James Warnock acts as football consultant for Unique Sports Management run by Will Salthouse. 

James is of course the son of Neil and Will is the agent of Tomlin. 

Probably nothing in it at all but you get where I am going with this right ?

Conclusive proof that Aliens walk among us?

Archived