IGNORED

Lee Tomlin - Now Signed (on loan)

Spike

5 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Very encouraging………quality signing.  My level of concern and despair at our prospects has gone from a very low 4…………..to a 7 out of 10.  At last a player who is an improvement to what we already have in the squad.  Just hope his fitness levels are ok?

Well he completed 90 mins for Bournemouth two weeks ago in the FA Cup in a 2-1 win over....Birmingham City ;)

3 minutes ago, fergie1919 said:

Since Tomlin is an attacking midfielder and will be good to give competition to freeman Aswel. Where does Bradley Dack play? Is he a centre midfielder or an attacking midfielder in the same position as tomlin? I've not seen dack play before. Cheers 

Has Daffy signed too?

We need to be careful not to end up with too much talent - a bit like Man City.

:nono:

Uncle TFR

6 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Another loan, with an attitude problem. Not sure this is the answer right now.

Theres always one!   Have a few sips of that half empty glass and try to be positive, I have seen Tomlin play at  Middlesboro, and on his day he is quality, as long as he doesn't get sent off!!

Can't believe the amount of moaning on here about him. We've signed a player with fantastic ability, who is proven at the top end of a division we are currently languishing near the bottom of. Someone of the quality that I and many others feared would not set foot at Ashton Gate for the foreseeable future at least. 

The bloke has always been on the larger side, as far as I ever remember seeing him anyway and the various videos of him on here bear that out. 

Lets congratulate the club on getting someone in of his quality and hope there's a couple more quality surprises in store before Feb 1st. This bodes well imho......... 

Probably a better signing that I expected us to make,to be honest.

Regularly featured, and often as one of the best attacking players, in a very good Middlesborough team last year; wasn't surprised Bornemouth bought him last summer at all.

Bags of natural talent, and likes a shot (which is something we need); I think he could be a key element in helping us crack open defences going forwards.

As mentioned by a few already; all this talk about his fitness - he's recently done 90 competitive minutes for Bournemouth, and from those leaked messages, he certainly comes here with a point to prove.

Pretty pleased with this signing, and certainly think it'll add an 'edge' to our attacking play we've lacked, because the lad isn't shy about getting into tussles too, and that is no bad thing.

This signing just reminds me the optimism and excitement that came with the Trundle signing. Hopefully Tomlin will be a bit more effective. Whatever went on at Bmouth, I wouldn't have thought we would have a chance of bringing him here so well done to all involved.

it might take a while for the team to gel as him, Gladwin and Freeman will all be looking for the same space but if they click it should be an exciting prospect going forward. 

Must admit I only really see football that's at AG and don't watch that many league televised matches - especially championship last year. Whenever I've seen him I admit to being totally underwhelmed, and based solely on those isolated games I couldn't believe Boro sold him for £3.5m. So I'm not excited, but I'm in no position to judge either with the limited amounts I've seen of him. 

2 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Here is an interesting connection:-

James Warnock acts as football consultant for Unique Sports Management run by Will Salthouse. 

James is of course the son of Neil and Will is the agent of Tomlin. 

Probably nothing in it at all but you get where I am going with this right ?

They are an item ?

5 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Must admit I only really see football that's at AG and don't watch that many league televised matches - especially championship last year. Whenever I've seen him I admit to being totally underwhelmed, and based solely on those isolated games I couldn't believe Boro sold him for £3.5m. So I'm not excited, but I'm in no position to judge either with the limited amounts I've seen of him. 

Looking at the current market, and his form last year; the price he moved for in the summer was actually surprisingly low.

Afobe has just gone to Bournemouth for a huge fee, and though it looks to have paid off, he's got less experience at this level than Tomlin, who has played Championship level football for most of the past five seasons.

If he's fit and motivated, he's as good a player in we could have signed in our current predicament.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Tomlin Burns and Bryan behind Kodjia anyone in a 4-2-3-1 or 4-2-1-3? The latter being Tomlin in the hole behind Burns and Bryan on the flank, utilise Kodjia pace through middle.

Could try sticking to 4-3-3?

ROD
    LA    AF    NB    DW/SG

BG       KS       LF/JB

WB       JK        LT

Archived