IGNORED

Gary monk

Cider red

3 minutes ago, redfred said:

Just a note on why it went wrong for Monk at Swansea, after such a stellar first season. All allegedly, of course.....

One of the players - long-standing and well-liked in the dressing room and now out on loan at another PL club - had a rendezvous with a director's wife.

The Director naturally wanted rid of said player and off he went on loan to the other PL club. The player's popularity in the dressing room led to a revolt as the players felt that the now on loan player had been treated badly by the club (only in football could people think this...) and they approached Monk to see what he was going to do.

Monk stood by the club's decision to farm him out on loan and that was that for him as far the players were concerned and it is why the club were forced to not give him more time, as the players had spoken with their performances. 

All allegedly of course.....

To save anyone else the trouble of going to Wikipedia....

Nathan Dyer

Is he actually any good? Fell into Swansea job as he played there and they happened to be a prem team and team he had was set up by previous managers. What does he bring as an actual coach? He's not long finished his playing career and has no real experience in coaching.

so again, I ask, is he good enough? I don't personally think so.

2 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

Is he actually any good? Fell into Swansea job as he played there and they happened to be a prem team and team he had was set up by previous managers. What does he bring as an actual coach? He's not long finished his playing career and has no real experience in coaching.

so again, I ask, is he good enough? I don't personally think so.

So on the one hand you don't know what he brings to the table and in the next sentence have written him off already!

He is certainly well regarded by fellow professionals in the game, is articulate, seems to have a good mentality and comes across well in interviews. He managed in the Premier League for almost two years, so you'd think he'd have the odd connection to draw upon and plenty of valuable experience in one of the most demanding leagues in the world. He has managed much bigger egos than ours (you would think). 

Ticks a lot of boxes for me.

46 minutes ago, Cider red said:

Set to be announced as our new manager apparently, either tomorrow or after the weekend. From someone who knows someone in the club. Just posting what I've heard...

The pudding club ?

21 minutes ago, redfred said:

Just a note on why it went wrong for Monk at Swansea, after such a stellar first season. All allegedly, of course.....

One of the players - long-standing and well-liked in the dressing room and now out on loan at another PL club - had a rendezvous with a director's wife.

The Director naturally wanted rid of said player and off he went on loan to the other PL club. The player's popularity in the dressing room led to a revolt as the players felt that the now on loan player had been treated badly by the club (only in football could people think this...) and they approached Monk to see what he was going to do.

Monk stood by the club's decision to farm him out on loan and that was that for him as far the players were concerned and it is why the club were forced to not give him more time, as the players had spoken with their performances. 

All allegedly of course.....

Was it not the other way around, that Martin Morgan (I think that's his name, owns the Travel House travel agents) had the affair with Dyers wife?

All allegedly of course ... 

Monk is in terms of the length of his management career, even less experienced than LJ, although he was the main man at Premiership Swansea for two years.

Whereas LJ has more time but at League One level.

So not the Marquee appointment of a Moyes or Pearson. However, Monk has one big advantage for me over LJ in that he is not associated in any way with a previous City manager who used nepotism as a way of life and ultimately to the detriment of our Club.

Personally I would rather have Johnson over Monk. Lee Johnson has at least got a little more experience than Monk, and has had some relative success in his jobs.

Monk was given a job at his club and got the sack, it's Swanseas episode of Brian Tinnion if you ask me, I hope the recruiting is a little bit more rigorous than he has managed in the Premier League so therefore he must be a Premier League manager.

Archived