IGNORED

Gary monk

Cider red

18 hours ago, Dynamite Red said:

You are. Monk tool control from Laudrup after he recorded just one win in their last 10 Premier League matches to leave them only two points clear of the relegation zone.

Monk turned them around and obviously had great success the following season, he had a blip this season and the club failed to support him despite having the best win ratio of any Swansea manager in the top flight and limited transfer funds. 

He has been talked up by  Martinez, Vieira, Wenger, Mourinho, Pardew as a top coach who is a workaholic and praised for his training methods and attention to detail.

Like I said, I don't really follow Premier League football and Welsh football even less so.

Thanks for putting me right.

But it's still a no from me.

On 05/02/2016 at 17:28, ChippenhamRed said:

Nonsense, Monk was far more attainable than Moyes.

Moyes enjoyed a decade of relative success at Everton and went on to manage one of the biggest clubs in the world. Monk spent 22 months at Swansea. Monk was a far more realistic option than Moyes and would certainly have been preferable to Lee Johnson in my opinion.

While you're absolutely right in terms of stature, Moyes probably wants a job, whereas Monk has been let go from his dream club and he'll want some time off. If the Premier League comes calling he might jump back into the mix, but he won't give up his time off for a team fighting relegation in the league below...

5 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

While you're absolutely right in terms of stature, Moyes probably wants a job, whereas Monk has been let go from his dream club and he'll want some time off. If the Premier League comes calling he might jump back into the mix, but he won't give up his time off for a team fighting relegation in the league below...

Completely wrong.

Monk was interviewed on Goals on Sunday and he said he wanted to get back into management as soon as possible, and that he was looking at the premier league as he has shown he can perform at that level.

23 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Completely wrong.

Monk was interviewed on Goals on Sunday and he said he wanted to get back into management as soon as possible, and that he was looking at the premier league as he has shown he can perform at that level.

So, how does that make him attainable? I'm pretty sure that when I went to bed, Bristol City were a Championship side.

Just now, EnderMB said:

So, how does that make him attainable? I'm pretty sure that when I went to bed, Bristol City were a Championship side.

He was asked specifically whether he wanted time off....he said no he wants to get back into it asap, which contradicts what you said.

Archived