IGNORED

Gary monk

Cider red

I mentioned as a possibility, Gary Monk shortly after Cotterill was sacked and got a very lukewarm reaction.

Id love to see him take over at City. Did a very decent job at Swansea. Knows how to play decent football and is very astute and articulate.

Wouldnt have to move fare either......

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I mentioned as a possibility, Gary Monk shortly after Cotterill was sacked and got a very lukewarm reaction.

Id love to see him take over at City. Did a very decent job at Swansea. Knows how to play decent football and is very astute and articulate.

Wouldnt have to move fare either......

Expectations have been lowered in the last 4 weeks and what with the love-in on the other thread for Lee Johnson (zero experience), I think most fans would now back the appointment of Monk. 

well bit of a strange choice imo. not proved a thing in management, once he had stamped his ideas on the team they started dropping like a stone.  Not to say he can't be a success, but there is no history of anything, not even coaching... he was a player, then he was suddenly a manager, then sacked.  Doesn't fill me with much confidence.

If we are going down this route because he managed in the prem I find it worrying as he has proved precisely nothing as a manager and has no history as a coach!!

I think it's a much bigger risk to bring in a new guy now than it would be to stay with Pembo til the end of the season. That said, I quite like Garry Monk so wouldn't have much problem with him getting the job.

Didn't we try to sign him a few times as a player?

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Oh and for the record I don't care who the manager/headcoach is, I will give them the same chance as I do with every manager,

apart from Holloway, he can .... Off

agree 100%, whoever is appointed i hope is successful. But if it is knobhead then i will turn my back on the club until he is gone

Just a note on why it went wrong for Monk at Swansea, after such a stellar first season. All allegedly, of course.....

One of the players - long-standing and well-liked in the dressing room and now out on loan at another PL club - had a rendezvous with a director's wife.

The Director naturally wanted rid of said player and off he went on loan to the other PL club. The player's popularity in the dressing room led to a revolt as the players felt that the now on loan player had been treated badly by the club (only in football could people think this...) and they approached Monk to see what he was going to do.

Monk stood by the club's decision to farm him out on loan and that was that for him as far the players were concerned and it is why the club were forced to not give him more time, as the players had spoken with their performances. 

All allegedly of course.....

Archived