IGNORED

LJ Official Three and a half year deal

Nibor

Not happy in the least myself.

He seems to have only two qualifications:

- junior enough to kowtow to Mark Ashton

- already comfortable with how abysmally run the club is

He'll get absolutely no honeymoon or tolerance from half the fans either.

I'll support the team as ever but can't pretend to be anything other than very disappointed.

Fans are pathetic if they carry 'stuff' as one poster puts it over from his playing days.

What even is this 'stuff' anyway? I remember him as a key player in one of city's most successful times of the modern era. 

I wish him well. I think he'll do well. I suspect there will be a tiny majority who hate him from the start for no apparent reason, but will quickly shut up when they realise they'll gain little support from the majority.

9 minutes ago, City Chuds said:

Stuff?? Please elaborate. 

Probably because if the fanbase made decisions we would be in a worse league position and broke!

Ummmmmm I hate to break this to you but we are broke. It's only cos SL covers the cost of the boards and his **** ups that we have not gone under. 

Just now, Aizoon said:

Sigh. Because there are still people here who have issues with his father and with him. He will be on a hiding to nothing. Of course the fanbase shouldn't make the decisions, but their attitudes should be taken into account.

But why do they have an issue with him other than the reason he was the bosses son? Was he the best player we ever had, nope be he certainly wasn't the worst and actually more than anything else in my view he actually gives a toss about our club. Makes me laugh how our fans have an 'issue' with the most successful manager this club has had in the last 20 years!

The day the board listen to the fans when appointing a manager or signing players is the day we all should worry. 

Anyway we are where we are, time to turn on the commentary 

It does seem they have employed someone who fits into or is happy to fit into the current structure at the club. SC leaving when he did strikes me as though there was a big bust up in the board room over the way the club was being run. Big names like Pearson, Moyes etc would demand total control and that's why we've ended up with LJ

IMHO of course

Just now, City Chuds said:

But why do they have an issue with him other than the reason he was the bosses son? Was he the best player we ever had, nope be he certainly wasn't the worst and actually more than anything else in my view he actually gives a toss about our club. Makes me laugh how our fans have an 'issue' with the most successful manager this club has had in the last 20 years!

The day the board listen to the fans when appointing a manager or signing players is the day we all should worry. 

Anyway we are where we are, time to turn on the commentary 

Couldn't agree more. But they do and they will :(

Archived