IGNORED

LJ Official Three and a half year deal

Nibor

Judge LJ by what results he achieves and how he galvanises the Club as a whole.

If certain fans don't think he's the right manager, based on what he's achieved as a manager previously, then that's fair enough....everyone is entitled to an opinion...but to judge him based on what he did as a players is ridiculous. His father picked him...how is that LJ's fault. He also always gave 100% as a player...and people dislike him because his father picked him...really? Playground attitude.

I'd suggest fans ignore what SL and certain board members say regarding 'Premiership status' and 'going for it'...it's done for affect. They want players and agents to start thinking we are a big club and attractive...of course it's spin. We are what we are...but they are trying to 'sell the club' to Agents and players and those within the game.

50 minutes ago, Harry said:

I understand the situation is VERY real Bill. I just don't understand why. In my opinion, it's petty. If anyone is thinking of jeering the new manager if we fail to win his first two games then I'd prefer they didn't come. 

As said, I wasn't all for Cotterill, but I never whispered a single word of negativity at the match. It's not for the greater good. Anyone that does so is damaging their club. 

I know and you know Harry, but we also both know the City fan base, only one thing will determine if LJ is accepted, results.

36 minutes ago, Harry said:

Not hypocritical at all Es. My feelings on SC are well known on here and I have no problem with people expressing their own views on here. It's the threats of dissension at the ground that I disagree with. 

No matter what my opinion was of SC, I always gave my full support at the ground. Seems there are a few fans who are not prepared to extend the same courtesy to LJ - who, let's be fair, was FAR from the worst player to have played for us. 

Agree to disagree Harry, the difference you are trying explain doesn't wash with me and i'm sure with other posters, the 'petty grudges' you described will be lost within a 15k crowd most of whom only want us to stay in the championship, the telling thing for me will be the way 'certain posters' deal with the posters who decide to post their 'petty grudges' on this forum because it does not fit in with others personal views.

Negativity is negativity whether verbally at the ground or the printed word which is indelible.

......gut feeling is right man wrong time.

Always thought of LJ as 'one for the future'  - 3 or 4 years too soon IMO.

BCFC/BS relationship beginning to feel a little too corporate ... not feeling too comfortable or convinced with the direction 'our football club'  is being taken -too many collars, ties & spread sheets not enough sweatshirts, boots & BALLS.  

A balance between tradition and good business is the only way forward, hope we're not tipping the balance too far one way -at the expense of tradition (there's a lot of truth in the old saying 'you can fool some of the people some of the time...etc' )

I hope someone has still got a finger on the pulse of the 'clubs' heart -without the cod lots in paper there will be no prawn sandwiches and canapes on lacey doilies. 

I prey its gonna be 'Come On You Reds' at Ashton Gate for years and years to come and the custonians of our football club don't neglect to cherish recognise and nourish the traditions that make BCFC a 'club'.

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

There's always a smug 'I told you so' post at times like this....but...

.... you also suggested Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink in a post on 3 Nov 2015 - I suppose the more guesses you have the more likely you are to get one right!

hahahaha bore off mate, going through all my posts. I suggested that jimmy might be a good apointment, i didnt predict jimmy or anyone else would get the job in the same way i did with LJ. :laugh:

2 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

How do we know it's a mistake? He hasn't even managed a game yet ...

city fans love to wallow in self pity - if he does well he'll be lauded, if he doesn't he'll be sacked same as any manager. 

Exactly my point. There are those on here who'll already have made up their minds :(

Personally, I rate the guy and wish him well.

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

I think the 'stuff' comment is pretty obvious if you had read this forum over the last 10 years! Or, if you were at AG when he was playing for us.

He totally divides opinions with City fans.

For the record, I thought he was a decent player for us and didn't personally have a problem with him, as our manager I will support him ( as I do all City managers).

But, I'm very concerned that if he doesn't  get results 'very' quickly he will come under far more intense pressure than any other new manager we could have named. I know of City fans who actually have real hate for him ( sad but true) and won't take long to let their feelings known if results don't improve quickly!

Ive never known a new City manager before that will not get any honeymoon period whatsoever ( even Pulis was given a few games!) so hold on to your hats, it could be an interesting few weeks.

I think the big problem for some City supporters is that we we're sold the idea of a ' surprising ' coach and yet we end up with an old face .

Lee comes in with baggage from another time ,not quite the  shiny brand new start  with a sexy  dynamic coach that we all thought we were promised .

I believe that Lee is/will be a good coach and we shall see . There are no guarantees whomever we bring in .

I would have been very happy to keep Pemberton and Elliot in charge of the first team . Don't think we need another coach apart from the U 21's

We weren't promised anything, just told that we would be surprised at the applicants for the job.

As for the job itself....the position being advertised was for a HEAD COACH....which presumably ruled out Pearson, Warnock and any other big names we were linked with. The Board and in particular the Investor or whatever title he gives himself these days want a yes man basically. I could be wrong but it seems to me we were down to Johnson or Monk and for whatever reason they have given it to Johnson. Perhaps Monk isn't enough of a yes man for the Investors liking?

Anyway, we have Johnson here now and anything but giving the lad full support would be pathetic from our supporters. You don't have to agree with the appointment and you might well be saying "I told you so" in a few months time but at least give LJ the benefit of your support until such times that it is clear he cannot do the job. We might be surprised !!!

As for the Board and Investor..................total mis-management from start to finish and they won't get an ounce of respect or support from me.

Not particularly happy with this appointment (wanted Pearson), but I wasn't particularly happy with the appointment of SC, and what happened there! I'll back LJ 100% though.

Just hope he has all the help he needs from the board with regards to player recruitment :fingerscrossed: 

Really don't want to find out later down the line that he was only appointed because he has to bow to SL, and can't be his own man like some of the others who may have been overlooked because of this?

If it goes wrong how different will it be from half the appointments in the last 25 years?

We would start again as always with the next gamble.

For what it's worth I think he will surprise quite a few on here and make a good fist of it. Good luck to you Lee if it doesn't work out back to the drawing board again!!!

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Can't say I'm over the moon with the appointment but now it's a done deal I'll get behind him.

As long as you don't have a knife in your hand robbored. 

Well would not have been my choice, but need to support and give him a chance.

A bit of gamble given Pembo/Wade have just delivered 7 pts in 4 games, a ratio if maintained that would keep us up.

Also, really don't understand the logic of a 3.5 year deal - we did similar for SOD, just means a bigger payout if it doesn't work out. Would have thought 1.5 year deal was enough, then if he kept us up and we started ok next season could have offered extension.

Let's just hope this doesn't derail our little revival since Cotts went.

33 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Well would not have been my choice, but need to support and give him a chance.

A bit of gamble given Pembo/Wade have just delivered 7 pts in 4 games, a ratio if maintained that would keep us up.

Also, really don't understand the logic of a 3.5 year deal - we did similar for SOD, just means a bigger payout if it doesn't work out. Would have thought 1.5 year deal was enough, then if he kept us up and we started ok next season could have offered extension.

Let's just hope this doesn't derail our little revival since Cotts went.

He will be working with both Pembo and Wade in coaching the players...it will be a concerted team effort. He's head coach...not manager.

He's not going to come in and do an SC and demand total control...He's just going to enhance what we already have in place...not change.

22 minutes ago, spudski said:

He will be working with both Pembo and Wade in coaching the players...it will be a concerted team effort. He's head coach...not manager.

He's not going to come in and do an SC and demand total control...He's just going to enhance what we already have in place...not change.

So why have him in the first place?   Just another wage to pay, Pembs and Elliott have been doing well without him and should have been allowed to continue until the end of the season.

Archived