IGNORED

LJ Official Three and a half year deal

Nibor

Just now, Harry said:

But why should that resurface? He's the manager now. What anyone thought of him as a player is redundant, surely? 

It's petty mate. 

So was the 'petty grudges' that you say 'certain people' put aside when SC got the job, which as I have already said is plainly untrue, no matter how you try to re write or spin history, you can have it both ways i'm sure that there is a word for that begins with a 'H' to describe that.

5 minutes ago, Nibor said:

It doesn't matter why, it doesn't matter whether or not it's right.  It only matters that it certainly will and that it's very, very predictable.

Then it's small-minded and these people may damage their club with such opinions. 

As someone described on otib as the most negative contributor I am really fed up with the silly criticism of Lee.

I was not negative as I explained at the time but realistic - SC had to go.  As I said then who would be the realists out of the pessimists and optimists would be proved by time.  The pessimists were 100% correct

Lee may divide the fans at a later date but now he begins with a clean slate.  I repeat he has proved himself as a capable young manager and he will be committed to City.  He has come home. We are lucky to have him.

I remember in pre otib days the criticism of one Alan Dicks on his appointment

Believe. Lee could be a second Alan Dicks, hold on to your hats, here we go

COYR

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well off the top of my head I know he took Forest from 19th to 23rd in the championship, dazzling!

And he never finished in the top half of the championship at Burnley (13th and 17th finishes?) and then Owen Coyle took over and took Burnley straight up into the premier league in his first season in charge and in his first ever managerial post, that's success.

Cotts never finished in the top half of the championship, is that success in your book?

Perhaps you have a prejudiced view? Though I don't recognise you from the usual SC hit-squad.

His record is good as most managers go. And his win ratio is also good. Better than our new appointment for instance.

Anyway we're not going to agree. So let's just hope LJ does as well.

1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

As someone described on otib as the most negative contributor I am really fed up with the silly criticism of Lee.

I was not negative as I explained at the time but realistic - SC had to go.  As I said then who would be the realists out of the pessimists and optimists would be proved by time.  The pessimists were 100% correct

Lee may divide the fans at a later date but now he begins with a clean slate.  I repeat he has proved himself as a capable young manager and he will be committed to City.  He has come home. We are lucky to have him.

I remember in pre otib days the criticism of one Alan Dicks on his appointment

Believe. Lee could be a second Alan Dicks, hold on to your hats, here we go

COYR

Fair enough, but how has he 'come home'?

Yep he played for us, as well as eight other clubs and wasn't born in Bristol...

Just now, Harry said:

I only know of 2 fans of whom you speak who didn't like SC. Myself and KITR. 

Neither of us EVER jeered SC at the ground, nor threatened to give up on the club. We both got behind him and the team and sing our butts off at every game  

I've also told you previously that I went quiet on otib for a period due to a house move and busy time in my personal life. Nothing to do with being anti-sc. 

Once more you are relying on the more extreme views on LJ to try to defend your position and you are correct some of the extreme views are just plain stupid, but you cannot have it all ways 'certain people' looked for any slight chink all of last seasons to air their views on here but only posted after the odd defeat or draw and this season they have posted completely freely once more and many people have picked up on that.

i'm sorry whatever people do or say at the ground is their affair but from postings from 'certain posters' to say they put 'their grudges' aside is clearly untrue.

5 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

You need to deal in reality Harry! 

I understand the situation is VERY real Bill. I just don't understand why. In my opinion, it's petty. If anyone is thinking of jeering the new manager if we fail to win his first two games then I'd prefer they didn't come. 

As said, I wasn't all for Cotterill, but I never whispered a single word of negativity at the match. It's not for the greater good. Anyone that does so is damaging their club. 

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Then it's small-minded and these people may damage their club with such opinions. 

It's reality.  You have been to a football match haven't you?  You'll have more luck eradicating swearing than eradicating unfair opinions.

The point is everybody with a clue knows this, so why doesn't Ashton?

1 minute ago, Frenchay Red said:

Perhaps you have a prejudiced view? Though I don't recognise you from the usual SC hit-squad.

His record is good as most managers go. And his win ratio is also good. Better than our new appointment for instance.

Anyway we're not going to agree. So let's just hope LJ does as well.

Fair play chief, and you're right, I wasn't in the anti Cotts brigade, but I obviously got very frustrated from Fulham at home onwards...and agreed he had to go.

I'm not prejudiced, I just don't know why we always seem to appoint managers who have no successful track record at the level we are in at the time of their appointments...

Oh well, as you say, onwards and hopefully upwards..

Obviously I will support Lee now that he is in charge, however, I really can't work out the logic of any of the last few weeks and the decisions we have made. The board, and in particular SL'e ego, and personal wants seems to dictate all decisions. Just because SL likes LJ Is not really rationale for appointing such a manager for our stated lofty ambitions. But I guess a controlling stake is the only rationale needed. 

Saying that, despite not having a great managerial record I do feel that LJ is going to be a good manager and could do great things (I had a hunch about him from when he started) but it is a very high risk appointment (one which goes against all HR principles) and the fans won't take long to turn against him - or the board- if it starts to goes wrong. His record at Barnsley is certainly not worth consideration for such a position given the squad he inherited for the league position they were in and to appoint a manager who has never won promotion or reached the play offs at any level does not make sense given the club's statement after sacking Cotts was that we were aiming for the premiership. 5 games ago Barnsley were not far off a relegation battle and many of their fans wanted him gone, it almost feels like we were waiting for him to win a few games to take away from the madness of his appointment.

That's not to say he won't be a success I certainly hope is is that really progressive coach that himself and the media make out. From the sound bites I have heard in the last few years I feel he could be very good but I still find the current logic of his appointment odd. But then again I'd rather him than Pearce! 

16 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

So was the 'petty grudges' that you say 'certain people' put aside when SC got the job, which as I have already said is plainly untrue, no matter how you try to re write or spin history, you can have it both ways i'm sure that there is a word for that begins with a 'H' to describe that.

Not hypocritical at all Es. My feelings on SC are well known on here and I have no problem with people expressing their own views on here. It's the threats of dissension at the ground that I disagree with. 

No matter what my opinion was of SC, I always gave my full support at the ground. Seems there are a few fans who are not prepared to extend the same courtesy to LJ - who, let's be fair, was FAR from the worst player to have played for us. 

31 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Hope not - rubbish chant, in my opinion

Quite agree BS4 and also would be disrespectful to LJ, that was his dads chant, im sure he wants to be his own man not living off of his dads reputation

1 hour ago, Aizoon said:

Sigh. Because there are still people here who have issues with his father and with him. He will be on a hiding to nothing. Of course the fanbase shouldn't make the decisions, but their attitudes should be taken into account.

No they shouldn't. THAT would be the huge mistake.

5 minutes ago, Red & Gold said:

His record at Barnsley is certainly not worth consideration for such a position given the squad he inherited for the league position they were in

I like most of your post, but the bit above is a myth.  The squad he inherited at Barnsley had a mere 4 (yes 4) first team regulars left from the previous season, and needed to be rebuilt with virtually zero money.

I like most of your post, but the bit above is a myth.  The squad he inherited at Barnsley had a mere 4 (yes 4) first team regulars left from the previous season, and needed to be rebuilt with virtually zero money.

Fair enough Harry, it was only a perception as i thought Wilson had bought some good players in. My perception was that they were not that dissimilar to use when Cotterill took over from SOD, in that the squad was better than the previous league record under the previous manager. 

I do have a hunch that Lee will do well but I, like many, I guess are just Not excited by it which is what we want from supporting a team.

If we go on a fine run things can change very quickly! 

Archived