IGNORED

Burns to fleetwood on loan

Hartcliffe red

Very surprised as he's been in and around the first team, and the formation finally suits his best position in my opinion (although was very poor when he last came on for us).

No doubt the run of consistent games will do him good, and it's a step up from his loan in league 2. 

1 minute ago, Robin1988 said:

Another coach who doesn't rate him particularly highly. Maybe being fast and local isn't enough to be a Championship player after all. Not meaning to be harsh on Wes but he's been talked up on the basis of not much for years.

Spot On - for me, he's never cut it.

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

OOC  in the summer so in all likelihood that'll be the last we see of him in a City shirt.

If so its a real shame as he really has something different when it goes right. Some people are so harsh on him but he's still young, he's playing at a high level and maybe needs a while to adjust. Hopefully this move is just to get some game time in his legs and he's brought back towards the end of the season to get some minutes when we are more likely to know our fate. 

2 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Another coach who doesn't rate him particularly highly. Maybe being fast and local isn't enough to be a Championship player after all. Not meaning to be harsh on Wes but he's been talked up on the basis of not much for years.

Yep pretty quick assessment made by LJ.

Alternatively as Wes is out of contract in the summer, maybe he has made it clear to the club he's moving on? There has been interest from other clubs...

I think Cotts said he would have sent him out on loan if the squad hadn't been so small. Probably the arrival of Tomlin has put him down the pecking order, we can probably recall him if we get an injury crisis so nothing to lose, and he was def out of sorts when he came on last time - I'm sure Pembo would have mentioned that to LJ.

1 minute ago, Shtanley said:

I think not offering him or Reid new contracts in the summer would be a mistake. 

Reid is now 23 and has only played 47 times for us since 2011. He's no longer a youth player and should be entering his stride. Like Wes, he's not shown enough to be a regular starter in the Championship or even League 1. At best I think Reid and Burns are League 1 players. If they both leave this summer, good luck to them and hopefully they prove otherwise.

6 minutes ago, sephjnr said:

Waggy last started when?

/not sure if it's more damning of him or Wes

He has come on the last few games though, and has been on the bench (presumably over Wes).

He's only just getting match fitness, so not starting isn't damning of Waggy at all in my opinion.

16 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I think not offering him or Reid new contracts in the summer would be a mistake. 

Pretty sure we'll offer both of them contracts, on the principle that they are under 24.  However it will be a token offer that will be for nothing more than ensuring some compensation/fee for when they move on.

6 minutes ago, adamc6203 said:

I think you have to offer both Burns and Reid a new contract in the summer considering they are still young and have a lot to learn. I remember a certain Yannick Bolasie was very raw when he first arrived and now look at him.

If LJ thinks he can improve Kodjia at his age, I am sure he thinks he can do the same for Wes and Bobby.

Just by the wording it sounds like Wes could be offered a new deal, LJ wants to see how he does in regular first team action in the division below, better than doing nothing for us in the mean time, if he does well expect him to be given a new deal. Reid may depend on how LJ wants to play, 2 upfront may mean a central midfield 2, Reid potentially too lightweight for that role?

Archived