IGNORED

Burns to fleetwood on loan

Hartcliffe red

On ‎17‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 18:53, Red Right Hand said:

It would be welcome if djb6162 was able to keep us posted as to how he`s getting on up there. I don`t suppose we`ll get much feedback otherwise.

Watching this game Saturday living near at Cleveleys so will keep you updated . Goals have been a little hard to come by on a regular basis so good for Fleetwood and Wes if the scoresheet shows his name throughout his time up here .

8 minutes ago, double-trouble said:

Watching this game Saturday living near at Cleveleys so will keep you updated . Goals have been a little hard to come by on a regular basis so good for Fleetwood and Wes if the scoresheet shows his name throughout his time up here .

After struggling for goals ( from a shot shy strike force ) most of the season suddenly in the last month or so Fleetwood have Shola Ameobi , Wes Burns , Devante Cole to support David Ball , Bobby Grant and Alex Kiwomya ( Chelski loan ) . Hopefully a few goals may be in the offing .

1 hour ago, double-trouble said:

Nice one mate, thanks. We`re all interested in his progress so any updates would be most welcome.

On ‎18‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 20:24, Red Right Hand said:

Nice one mate, thanks. We`re all interested in his progress so any updates would be most welcome.

Came on as a sub on 74 mins for Bobby Grant after Scunny had scored a pen to get back to 2 - 1 . Scunny then on the front foot and Fwood were pushed back defending . Only on for 4 minutes  , Burns given the opportunity to take on the defender and get into the box . As he was about to shoot left footed , he dragged ball inside and hit it right footed towards the far corner of the goal .It was a good save pushed out by their gk and to be honest at a nice height , but great intent .

He was an outlet for the last 20 mins but never given the chance to take on the defenders...certainly remained a threat and looked to get in the action working of Shoala Ameobi who had a decent game .

Be interested to see what he could do from the start but generally the forward line did well so may be sub again against Rochdale . 

3 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Cheers mate, good to know. If he kicks on up there, it can only be good for us and him.

Totally agree and don't believe he is a loanee who Fwood would be looking to buy close season . Really do believe as others have said he is here for experience and confidence and he has something to offer City as time goes on .

As regards a young lad a long way from home etc.. the set up as some of you know is very good up here with the chairman owning some plush properties for new players to stay in . Even the youngsters are based in a very nice hotel on the front with the old style landlady / lord to cater for their every need alongside the new £9 million training facilities already in use .

Poor old Bpoo still training at Squires Gate at the end of the airport and taking their training kit home to clean themselves although I am informed they now have showers .

Just shows you the fortunes between the various clubs although Bpoo as you know have had the fortunes in recent times .

Well you don't often get 3 chances in a game let alone 3 in a minute or so but Wes did last night . Sub again a little surprisingly ( gotta start against Coventry Saturday ) but it seemed with the game lost and a possibly the final attack his header hits the bar from a corner , then sees his follow up attack flukily deflected for a corner . The knock down led to his shot whizzing over the bar...

Another day and they would have gone in , importantly he was in the right positions to get the chances but needs a start .

Nice to hear the updates @double-trouble 

he came on on the left hand side of a 'floating' front three on Saturday (Wrong side for him really) and had an impact and reading the reports of last night also had a impact when he came in again

Just needs one to go in off his shin or something and I can see him getting a few

Just pleased that he seems to have started well if frustrating he's having to do it off the bench

Fingers crossed he gets a start on Saturday - if he does I'm predicting a entry on the score sheet :D

Poor old DJB clocking up the M5 & M6 miles - he will be as pleased as Wes if he can get a start

4 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Nice to hear the updates @double-trouble 

he came on on the left hand side of a 'floating' front three on Saturday (Wrong side for him really) and had an impact and reading the reports of last night also had a impact when he came in again

Just needs one to go in off his shin or something and I can see him getting a few

Just pleased that he seems to have started well if frustrating he's having to do it off the bench

Fingers crossed he gets a start on Saturday - if he does I'm predicting a entry on the score sheet :D

Poor old DJB clocking up the M5 & M6 miles - he will be as pleased as Wes if he can get a start

Certainly deserves a start after a couple of games where he has come on and made a difference . Scoring has been an issue for most of the season and as I said last week , Fwood have picked up a few strikers in the last couple of weeks that should solve that problem in this league.

Obviously Coventry have had a decent season and are up there , so playing away at the Ricoh may mean just starting with Ameobi up front...I hope not .

Not there Saturday so will be listening to updates as you will on Sky Sports if your not at the Forest

Pleased for him.

The fact Godwin has gone home, and if injuries to the likes of Smith prove longer term, then I could see him returning.

I didn't see his sub performance against Brum, but I'd say he did well in the other matches he played under Wade and Pembo.

All he can do is positively contribute to Fleetwood's relegation scrap and hope we're paying attention.

Really well done to him today.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

I don`t suppose our Fleetwood correspondent was at the game today so if anyone was (djb6162!) any chance of a match report?

I thought fleetwood were outstanding, this was no fluke result.

coventrys goal was a terrible mix up between the defender and goalie.

its was the only way they were going to score.

Fleetwood scored two very good goals, and should have had more.

My view on wes.... Slow start, grew into the game , played up front, worked really hard and took his goal really well.

give him a few more starts and him and ameobe could do well together, although today ameobe came on with 10 mins left.

will leave the regular poster who watches fleetwood to give a more detailed view if he was there.

But on that performance and quality of football i would not be surprised if fleetwood survived comfortably.

but some big and tough fixtures to come 

fingers crossed.

5 minutes ago, djb6162 said:

My view on wes.... Slow start, grew into the game , played up front, worked really hard and took his goal really well.

give him a few more starts and him and ameobe could do well together, although today ameobe came on with 10 mins left.

will leave the regular poster who watches fleetwood to give a more detailed view if he was there.

But on that performance and quality of football i would not be surprised if fleetwood survived comfortably.

fingers crossed.

Must be tough being impartial, and as dad reading stuff that gets posted in the pantomine of football, but thanks for letting us know. Go Wes!

3 minutes ago, djb6162 said:

fingers crossed.

Thanks for that DJB. The impression I got from the reports on the first two home games he played in was that he was improving all the time and had earned a start so it`s great to hear he got one and grabbed his chance. Long may it continue as that only be good for him and us.

I bet the miles are piling up on the old jalopy though!

5 minutes ago, djb6162 said:

fingers crossed.

Thanks for the report @djb6162 - please keep 'em coming. Lots of learning for Wes to gain from playing and training with Ameobe. He should return a better play for the experience. 

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

I don`t suppose our Fleetwood correspondent was at the game today so if anyone was (djb6162!) any chance of a match report?

As I said in the week sadly not there today but had update from pal who was . Scored a good diving header after about 12 minsof second half from a great cross from ball who has had a start / stop season ( again ) . Saying that I heard he scoed a cracker to win the game .

I said that Wes performances from the bench deserved a start and he got it , did the business and will hopefully start Tuesday night against the Gills . Pos El Bad playing for them and I did watch him here when he was with SWINDLE and tbh he had a very decent game .

After Gills ,Fwood have Sheff Utd , Burton and Walsall so a fox in the box might be a great foil off of Ameobi .

Feed back after the game Tuesday night...bring on the Gills .

Archived