IGNORED

Burns to fleetwood on loan

Hartcliffe red

7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Having a nose around - I see Wes had good reports again in the week , despite a unjust 1-0 defeat

If he can find that extra bit of composure in his finishing this lad could make a massive impact

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/fleetwood-town/match-report-fleetwood-town-0-walsall-1-1-7798100

Sounds like he had a stormer and did everything but score. Good on you Wes.

1 hour ago, Griffin said:

Absolutely shining against, without being synical, League 1 teams.

Yes and people want us to buy strikers from that league for up to £2m. Granted the one in mind scored in those highlights but we own Wes and he looks very good and is younger. He looks the real deal down the middle. 

22 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Yes and people want us to buy strikers from that league for up to £2m. Granted the one in mind scored in those highlights but we own Wes and he looks very good and is younger. He looks the real deal down the middle. 

Now that he's playing on a regular basis , is he expected to make the Wales squad for the summer?

4 hours ago, billywedlock said:

On that clip he looked very good. He needs games and games. He will not develop playing as a sub. If he can gain some composure he may have a future at Championship level. Certainly the pace is a big asset. If we release him, he will have many offers of that I am sure. 

If the club release Wes,they are idiots......and if we are truly in the shit with 3\4 games to go would bring him back smartish as another option.

11 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Having a nose around - I see Wes had good reports again in the week , despite a unjust 1-0 defeat

If he can find that extra bit of composure in his finishing this lad could make a massive impact

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/fleetwood-town/match-report-fleetwood-town-0-walsall-1-1-7798100

Sounds like Burns is making a great impression up there- also perhaps thriving on being given the responsibility of being the 'main man's seeing as he's taking free kicks, etc? Not sure we should bring him back though; keep building the confidence and if he helps Fleetwood stay up, that'll be a great experience for him. I personally believe he is a future with us, it's down to LJ to define that future and Wes to show us he deserves it

As an aside, the writing in the Blackpool Gazette is even worse than the Bristol Post. There is so much missing punctuation you could use it to write the article out again in morse code, while they only listed 10 players for Fleetwood in the line ups at the end. Long live the local press!

On 4/2/2016 at 17:17, Red Right Hand said:

Pity they couldn`t hang on versus the six fingered ones but an away point`s always worth having I suppose.

Wes has now scored against 2 of my least favourite teams so I am very pleased with him, incidentally, he also managed to hit the woodwork twice in the same goalmouth scramble against swindle so it could have been even better.

38 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Scored again tonight in a very good win for fleetwood! Well done wes :clap:

Was struggling to start too ,with a knock 

Played well for Welsh U21s in the Int Break and has made an impact in virtually every game he's played for club and country since he went up to Fleetwood - 

Fair play :clapping:

5 hours ago, alexukhc said:

My fear is he comes back pre season, has a really good season and leaves on a free next year

I think it`s more likely that he`ll want to go somewhere in league 1 where he`s pretty much guaranteed a start every week. No reason why Fleetwood wouldn`t want to keep him if they stay up. If he then has a couple of good 15-20 goal seasons, every chance he`ll be picked up by a lower championship side and we`ll be saying another one that got away - hope not though but I think his career needs  to kick on and sadly I can`t see that happening here.

People were raving about Adam Armstrong earlier in the season as he started scoring regularly for Cov. That's 5 in 10 for Wes in a struggling Fleetwood side, and his performances have been really impressive too - it's not just a case of scoring the goals (which isn't a bad trait to have anyway).

I stand by my opinion that our academy players actually get more harshly judged than the opposite way around. If we'd signed a 21 year-old from the Non-League and loaned him out and he'd have done as well as Wes, people would be talking about it a lot more.

I hope Wes keeps doing what he's been doing and quietly getting on and showing people what he's capable of.

I hope he comes back and really has a go at getting games. I always liked him but it must be incredibly difficult when you're just a bit part player getting a few minutes here and there. He seems to be getting some rhythm and enjoying it, got to help when it comes to the Euros too.

He's scoring, but also (from highlights) looks to be heavily involved in all the good things that Fleetwood create.

Got to give him that year extension.  No brainier for me.  Could save us a fair bit of money longer term.  Is he much behind Agard at this point in time?

Scored all sorts of goals to head, feet, volley, run though and slide past keeper...

None of his goals have been tap ins and as you rightly point out @Davefevs is and has been involved in almost all their attacking play and has had plenty of strikes on goal , looking a real threat

The lad has clearly got it and there would be a host of L1 clubs in for him if he was available and maybe a Championship Club as well

I really hope he gets his chance at AG - he has benefited from and responded to a run of games brilliantly

My biggest fear for Wes and all our young players coming through is that clubs at our level can, in theory go out and buy a 'ready made player' for £££ rather than back a young player who by their very nature be slightly inconsistent

All the right noises are being made by LJ and the club re a path through to the first team but, in fairness it is a very brave manager who picks and sticks with a young player, good and bad, when he has a squad of more experienced options, and even harder in a relegation battle

Wes, I would suggest is the best forward / goalscorer we have produced since ........ ?

Dave Cotterrill has done well but Wes will get more goals

Lita we picked up from Chelsea

People rave about Bradshaw on here , and there is no doubt he is one of the better forwards in L1 but how many goals would Wes get playing week in , week out for Walsall ?

His goals per game ratio is better that's Bradshaws right now , as I think aim right in saying , it is for Wales U21s

He will clearly have a good professional career - Wouldn't it be great though if he can force himself into / get a chance the starting 11 at AG and succeed for US

In the short term for Wes personally I just want him to carry on taking Fleetwood to safety and get himself a place in the Welsh Squad for the summer - Has to be the in form Welsh striker right now :)

30 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Scored all sorts of goals to head, feet, volley, run though and slide past keeper...

None of his goals have been tap ins and as you rightly point out @Davefevs is and has been involved in almost all their attacking play and has had plenty of strikes on goal , looking a real threat

The lad has clearly got it and there would be a host of L1 clubs in for him if he was available and maybe a Championship Club as well

I really hope he gets his chance at AG - he has benefited from and responded to a run of games brilliantly

My biggest fear for Wes and all our young players coming through is that clubs at our level can, in theory go out and buy a 'ready made player' for £££ rather than back a young player who by their very nature be slightly inconsistent

All the right noises are being made by LJ and the club re a path through to the first team but, in fairness it is a very brave manager who picks and sticks with a young player, good and bad, when he has a squad of more experienced options, and even harder in a relegation battle

Wes, I would suggest is the best forward / goalscorer we have produced since ........ ?

Dave Cotterrill has done well but Wes will get more goals

Lita we picked up from Chelsea

People rave about Bradshaw on here , and there is no doubt he is one of the better forwards in L1 but how many goals would Wes get playing week in , week out for Walsall ?

His goals per game ratio is better that's Bradshaws right now , as I think aim right in saying , it is for Wales U21s

He will clearly have a good professional career - Wouldn't it be great though if he can force himself into / get a chance the starting 11 at AG and succeed for US

In the short term for Wes personally I just want him to carry on taking Fleetwood to safety and get himself a place in the Welsh Squad for the summer - Has to be the in form Welsh striker right now :)

Agree 100%.

There is a chance that our 5 main strikers next season will include a 37 year old in Wilbraham and 35 year old Odemwingie, therefore the value of having our own 21 year old striker really can't be underestimated.

If Agard moves on this summer and let's face it, he has gone from being a sub who got a bit of game time under Cotterill to someone who appears to be making up the numbers under LJ, then Wes should be promoted up the order in his place.

If this loan has done nothing else it has clearly shown he is already good enough to be a consistent scorer in League One at least and I can imagine many on here saying that we should be taking a close look at a striker who is 21 with 5 goals in 7 starts if he was someone else's player...

Archived