IGNORED

Burns to fleetwood on loan

Hartcliffe red

3' Goal! Fleetwood Town 1, Gillingham 0. Wes Burns (Fleetwood Town) right footed shot from very close range to the bottom left corner.

After 

2' Attempt saved. Wes Burns (Fleetwood Town) right footed shot from outside the box is saved in the top centre of the goal.

Quiet start from the lad!

2 in 2, let's hope he can add 4 or 5 more by season's end.

Scoring regularly in League One will do his confidence the world of good and hopefully next season he'll be a genuine first team contender.

26 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Fleetwood win 2-1 - well done Wes ... sounds as though you had a stormer.

Freekick after 2 mins brings a good save from their keeper which leads to a corner . Burns takes it and it goes straight in.........he runs down the touchline and takes a bow as if he meant it . Now I will give him the benefit of the doubt and Ameobi possibly obstructed the keeper..who knows ? But it goes down as a Burns goal .

He had another shot from a freekick which tbh wasn't as near as first thought..but to be taking the freekicks when others have taken them in the side for a long while shows the managers ( and team mates ) faith in him .

Taken off after 71 mins but ran channels well either side..but started to fade as Gills created more chances after a silly mistake in the first half let them back into the game .

Overall good team performance...and individual perf . from Wes .

El Abd tbh had a good game for Gills playing r/back and pos . sweeper in the second half . Don't think he was outpaced once and even gave Wes a strong tackle in the 1st half that kept Wes down for a couple of mins .

Update Wes performance Sat after Sheff Utd come and go .

Understand LJ went up to Fleetwood to watch last night

Fair play to him

Not 'just down the road'

Would be easy to rely on reports back from Stephen Pressley or send one of our own scouts

At least lads out on loan will feel that there is a purpose to the loan, that they remain important and in the boss's thoughts

Really pleased that Wes had a decent game in front of him

Sheff Utd next in firing line for Wes on Saturday :clapping:

Highlights here

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/league-one/10188586/fleetwood-2-1-gillingham

Burn's just pretty much ignored El-Abd for the second goal, just beat him to the ball and crossed it as if he wasn't there. looks like he got the faintest of touches to for the goal, he seemed to be telling the other players that he got the touch.

Good to see that with a run of games that Wes seems to be impressing for Fleetwood . Getting games under his belt week in week out should do his all round game the world of good - that is exactly what he needed at this moment in time, not 20 minutes here 10 minutes there - good decision for all involved & hope it keeps going well for him

23 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Highlights here

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/league-one/10188586/fleetwood-2-1-gillingham

Burn's just pretty much ignored El-Abd for the second goal, just beat him to the ball and crossed it as if he wasn't there. looks like he got the faintest of touches to for the goal, he seemed to be telling the other players that he got the touch.

Was Wes taking the corner for the first Port - went straight in 

33 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Highlights here

That wasn't Wes (#11) claiming the touch - that was a Nathan Baker lookalike. I think that Wes was the corner taker and it went in directly. His pace in setting up the second goal was in stark contrast to the lack of pace shown by Adam el Abd who throughout the highlight package, seemed to be always just behind the play, playing catch-up.

13 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Was Wes taking the corner for the first Port - went straight in 

2 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

That wasn't Wes (#11) claiming the touch - that was a Nathan Baker lookalike. I think that Wes was the corner taker and it went in directly. His pace in setting up the second goal was in stark contrast to the lack of pace shown by Adam el Abd who throughout the highlight package, seemed to be always just behind the play, playing catch-up.

ah cheers, I thought it was him at the near post. I was going by this from earlier in the thread.

3' Goal! Fleetwood Town 1, Gillingham 0. Wes Burns (Fleetwood Town) right footed shot from very close range to the bottom left corner.

28 minutes ago, Touch_my_butter said:

No wonder last season was a walk in the park - quality of football at that level is dire. 

They all look much the same again outside the top 2 or 3 every team down to about 16th must fancy their chances of the play offs. Good to see Barnsley are still going strong and that Peterborough seem to be blowing it big time, lots of people on here wanted us to sign half their squad only 3 weeks ago,. Not so happy about Swindon's resurgence though. :( 

3 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Understand LJ went up to Fleetwood to watch last night

Fair play to him

Not 'just down the road'

Would be easy to rely on reports back from Stephen Pressley or send one of our own scouts

At least lads out on loan will feel that there is a purpose to the loan, that they remain important and in the boss's thoughts

Really pleased that Wes had a decent game in front of him

Sheff Utd next in firing line for Wes on Saturday :clapping:

Yet another reason to be very impressed with LJ.

Along with other things like having French lessons to communicate better with Kodjia, it seems he is very detailed and thorough as a manager.

I'm sure the whole club from the first team down to the youth squads are happier and feeling like they are part of the club more. Long may it continue LJ :thumbsup:.

1 hour ago, Touch_my_butter said:

No wonder last season was a walk in the park - quality of football at that level is dire. 

To be fair I don't think the weather helped last night.. think there was quite a wind coming off the irish sea!

1 hour ago, Tomarse said:

To be fair I don't think the weather helped last night.. think there was quite a wind coming off the irish sea!

It looked like a gale!  Hardly conducive to good football.  Nice to see Wes heavily involved.  Looked like he might have been on the weights as well?

Archived