IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Brighton & Hove Albion Match Day Thread

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The problem was your post showed absolutely no recognition of our very significant improvement in recent weeks and appeared to be entirely reactionary based solely on tonight's performance.

You have already moderated your opinion from "not signing a striker will see us relegated" to "we should survive" within half an hour, which proves my point.

Improvement came under Pemberton originally, he's still here thank god.

im not really bothered about moderating my posts, I've got more important things to do, plus if you knew anything about me you'd be impressed I can even write. 

Jesus Christ, it's borderline opinion, signing a quality striker would definitely have kept us up, so without one and the form of two of the bottom 3, WE SHOULD SURVIVE.

9 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

We don't know if LJ is a cheap option as we don't know his salary

What we do know is that he is committed but has not had the benefit of a transfer window and has to go with what he's got, and not helped by two injuries.

We also know that one defeat tells us little as did two victories

We all know why we are in the position we are in and it has nothing to do with LJ

Perhaps if more fans had been prepared to ask for SC's removal in October The Board might have been persuaded to act sooner - but that's history

All we fans can do is to keep positive and if we go down, which I doubt will be the case, then LJ can begin to plan for the long haul back

Very true but the board and everybody else involved did have the transfer window and still managed to fail to sign a striker and everybody has injuries.

5 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Not entirely sure why you need to throw insults around? I was challenging your post, not you personally. So you're saying, penalty miss aside, that he's not up to playing at his level? 

I don't agree. 

Fruit, ridiculous? Come on.

For insult read ridicule.

both are personal chum.

Edited by havanatopia
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

Improvement came under Pemberton originally, he's still here thank god.

im not really bothered about moderating my posts, I've got more important things to do, plus if you knew anything about me you'd be impressed I can even write. 

Jesus Christ, it's borderline opinion, signing a quality striker would definitely have kept us up, so without one and the form of two of the bottom 3, WE SHOULD SURVIVE.

There are 3 sides worse than us. That should keep us up. 8 points clear still, one game less to play. None of those below us have games in hand. Brighton are better than us. We have lost too many defenders. Sleep well

• Like 1

Bottom line is tonight has happened. The score line's not nice but it's over and results elsewhere mean - goal difference aside - we've pretty much emerged unscathed in terms of the table. We can sit and analyse what went wrong - I'm sure fans on here will and the team will too - but what really matters is how the team respond. LJ needs to make sure the team get it out their system, draw a line under it and don't let it undo our good work over the last month. If he can do that, we'll be fine and tonight will be forgotten.

• Like 5

I dont blame Agard for snatching the ball i blame the captain for letting it happen but most people think Agard is not good enough and on a pretty long stint with us i think we have enough evidence to support that.

Of course for those who are content with lower quartile in this league he just about qualifies as good enough. To be challenging at the right end he is nowhere near the quality of Andre Gray and the City board seem to be aware of that too.

1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

Agree with Esmond Million's Bung but as you say these problems lie with The Board and SC and can't be laid at LJ's door

As for injuries that relates to the lack of numbers,again taking us back to the summer

Sadly he added to the belief that we would be looking to sign a striker in the emergency window, something that was clearly nonsense.

I have no view either way about LJ, but like every BCFC manager I want him to succeed, Saturday will give us a better idea of what sort of manager we have got ourselves.

His post match interview seemed very honest to be fair, he didn't sound overly happy with the performance after going one down.

We lost, so did most the teams below us, we are not aiming for promotion, yes we are aiming for as many points as possible till the end of the season, but chill, Brighton should go up, they are a class act and a team to look up to, they also let in 4 on Saturday and look what they did tonight! We're Bristol City, we always believe.. So hopefully we can learn from this and get our shit back together for Saturday

Gobsmacked by that.

Thought that the days of being completEly turned over at home were over when Cotterill left.

I don't blame people for being negative after paying money to watch that crap but imho, there's no point dwelling on it. We are going to stay up this season and if results like this are a learning curve for Johnson and some of our younger players then so be it. I'm sure LJ will be analysing tonight for days and make sure that our fans do not have to put up with this shite again.

On a personal level, this result really hurts BC I ******* detest Brighton.

• Like 1

4 goals from 3 shots on target does suggest a bit of a freak result but I did think Brighton were good value for the win. Very sharp up front with their movement and good pressing. We looked very static in comparison when going forwards.

That said, at least 3 if their goals came out of nothing/silly defensive errors and on another night we might of come out the game with something despite them being a sharper team. 

2 minutes ago, RedSA said:

4 goals from 3 shots on target does suggest a bit of a freak result but I did think Brighton were good value for the win. Very sharp up front with their movement and good pressing. We looked very static in comparison when going forwards.

That said, at least 3 if their goals came out of nothing/silly defensive errors and on another night we might of come out the game with something despite them being a sharper team. 

Also ******* Baldock has scored 3 goals all season 2 against us.

Feel strangely content with tonight's games. One downer is that it was a home game for us and tricky away games for the bottom 3. 

39 points to play for. To reach the claimed magic 46 for survival the bottom teams need roughly 7 wins from 13. Or 6 wins 3 draws and only 4 defeats. 

We need 4 wins. Or more likely 3 wins 3 draws 7 defeats. 

I do still think that shows we are in a good position. I think we can get those points probably. The bottom 3 would need a remarkable run of form. 

I personally lay some of the blame for the first goal on O'Donnel, silly place to kick the ball immediately put Vyner under pressure. I also lay quite a lot of the blame on him for the second goal, couldn't tell how hard Baldock hit it but to be beaten at the near post from there isn't normally acceptable. 

2 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

I am not searching to apologise for the shambles that has been and IMHO still is bcfc, but who exactly could we sign that is fit, available, will improve us and is available ? Everyone wants a striker and we are in a relegation battle. 

If there was an error it was in the much discussed 'summer'.

Simply have to stay up this year. Only aim. It does pain me however a little to see Preston in ninth...fair play to them and all that, but does make you wonder 'what if'.

19 minutes ago, Flagon said:

No excuses can be made for that. We were poor positionally and in movement on and off the ball. I do however think it will be a one off and luckily everyone by us slipped up too. 

Well in all Carey fairness it was not a one off was it and I think it will not be the last time we get tonked this season. Thats just being realistic not negative. We will stay up; i have always said we would but there is a bit of a gulf between most teams and the top half a dozen apart from the odd freaky result.

• Like 1