IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Brighton & Hove Albion Match Day Thread

Right. Not the worst half ever despite the score. 

As I've said, Vyner has been poor. He doesn't seem to get back into position quick enough when they switch the play. It's often leaving their left winger with acres. You can attribute both goals to him, although I'd like O'donnell to do better with the 2nd - but I'll wait to see the replay. 

Flint had lumped a few aimless balls forward and Kodjia could have done better with a couple of headed chances. 

The plus side is that Joe Bryan is looking very good and Tomlin, as we've learnt by now, is different class. There's no way we'll get anywhere near him on a permanent deal. 

Brighton aren't the best but have taken their chances well. It's a little like watching the sort of luck that Cotts had.  

I've seen enough to be hopeful going into the second half. 

Edited by Fordy62
Flint! Not Pack! Sorry Marlon!
3 minutes ago, Nuno Gomez said:

I'm at the game and I wouldn't say that. Yes vyner had looked exposed and as a result Freeman is defending more but we have more than matched them overall. 

Indeed, but this guy is negativity personified...

Scorline certainly doesn't match the performance for me, but at the end of the day they've been up at the right end of the table all season and you can see why. 

Getting a bit fed up of BHA just constantly attacking ZV. Feels a bit like schoolyard bullying. Would be kinder (and better for the team) to sub him for Waggy or Little, if fit , at HT. Might hit him hard though so difficult call for LJ.

I don't think we had a serious chance that half, despite the possession.

Edited by robin_unreliant
2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Right. Not the worst half ever despite the score. 

As I've said, Vyner has been poor. He doesn't seem to get back into position quick enough when they switch the play. It's often leaving their left winger with acres. You can attribute both goals to him, although I'd like O'donnell to do better with the 2nd - but I'll wait to see the replay. 

Pack had lumped a few aimless balls forward and Kodjia could have done better with a couple of headed chances. 

The plus side is that Joe Bryan is looking very good and Tomlin, as we've learnt by now, is different class. There's no way we'll get anywhere near him on a permanent deal. 

Brighton aren't the best but have taken their chances well. It's a little like watching the sort of luck that Cotts had.  

I've seen enough to be hopeful going into the second half. 

Good review Fordy, cheers. 

Its Vyners home debut. He's no doubt nervous. I heard he has about an hours notice pre MK, not enough time to worry. Tough call whether to keep him on and risk another error, or replace him. Either way his confidence may suffer. Time for LJ to earn his bunse.

Have we created any chances? I'd hope we give it a good go 2nd half with nothing to lose. Especially if Brighton think the game is won. An early second half goal for us would change everything. 

What changes, if any, would you suggest?

2 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

Good review Fordy, cheers. 

Its Vyners home debut. He's no doubt nervous. I heard he has about an hours notice pre MK, not enough time to worry. Tough call whether to keep him on and risk another error, or replace him. Either way his confidence may suffer. Time for LJ to earn his bunse.

Have we created any chances? I'd hope we give it a good go 2nd half with nothing to lose. Especially if Brighton think the game is won. An early second half goal for us would change everything. 

What changes, if any, would you suggest?

I'd get Little on. 

We have had goal scoring chances. Kodjia with two headers. One seemed to come off his shoulder, the other, arguably a better chance he just seemed to miss, although that might just be my viewing angle. Tomlin also had a fairly tameish free kick tipped over.

Vyner currentky getting a Geeing up and cuddle from Flint. 

If we get a goal back it'll be interesting. Tomlins through balls to JK are quality. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Brighton have had 2 shots on target resulting in 2 goals. We have had  a few chances but we're just not clinical enough.

The decision to not get a recognised goal scorer and an experienced manager will cost us our place in the championship.

Im not having a pop at LJ but someone with experience and connections would have been nice.

Still long way to go go in the season but without a recognised poacher I don't fancy our chances, of course I hope I'm wrong and am made to eat my words, I just can't see it though, some real tough games at the arse end of the season.

1 minute ago, YorkshireSection said:

The decision to not get a recognised goal scorer and an experienced manager will cost us our place in the championship.

Im not having a pop at LJ but someone with experience and connections would have been nice.

Still long way to go go in the season but without a recognised poacher I don't fancy our chances, of course I hope I'm wrong and am made to eat my words, I just can't see it though, some real tough games at the arse end of the season.

It is about a untested back four much more today I think. Bad day at the office, bad start against a good team, always going to be uphill from there.

4 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

Bit rash isn't it?

5 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

You think at least one of the bottom three will finish above us? Which one? 

Edited by CotswoldRed
2 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

One poor scoreline (not even a result) and these sort of posts have started again already.

4 wins in 6, a 7 point gap to the drop zone as things stand, and no sign of the bottom three finding the form they would need to overtake us.

Get a grip.

• Like 2