IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Brighton & Hove Albion Match Day Thread

28 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

One poor scoreline (not even a result) and these sort of posts have started again already.

4 wins in 6, a 7 point gap to the drop zone as things stand, and no sign of the bottom three finding the form they would need to overtake us.

Get a grip.

29 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

One poor scoreline (not even a result) and these sort of posts have started again already.

4 wins in 6, a 7 point gap to the drop zone as things stand, and no sign of the bottom three finding the form they would need to overtake us.

Get a grip.

Not at all, I finished last season on a massive high, with expectations to match. 

Im not happy that we messed up the summer transfer window, brought in a manager with no championship experience and we haven't got a striker, if we keep aiming low we will get there.

i want my club to be successful and to do that you need to seize your opportunities as they are few and far between, I'm not delighted that were better than 3 other teams at the moment, I don't need to get a grip, I'm just sick of seeing the same old cheap options being made.

this season has been bollocks both on and off it, we should stay up (?) but I don't see the decisions being made by the board at the moment as progressive, if SC can't attract players to Bristol then I have little hope that LJ will have much luck either.

i thought we'd finish about 15th, and build let's see but as I said before, I'm sick of seeing the cheap option made, especially on a 3.5 year contract.

Sorry for not having the same outlook as you but leave the get a grip bit out.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

Not at all, I finished last season on a massive high, with expectations to match. 

Im not happy that we messed up the summer transfer window, brought in a manager with no championship experience and we haven't got a striker, if we keep aiming low we will get there.

i want my club to be successful and to do that you need to seize your opportunities as they are few and far between, I'm not delighted that were better than 3 other teams at the moment, I don't need to get a grip, I'm just sick of seeing the same old cheap options being made.

this season has been bollocks both on and off it, we should stay up (?) but I don't see the decisions being made by the board at the moment as progressive, if SC can't attract players to Bristol then I have little hope that LJ will have much luck either.

i thought we'd finish about 15th, and build let's see but as I said before, I'm sick of seeing the cheap option made, especially on a 3.5 year contract.

The problem was your post showed absolutely no recognition of our very significant improvement in recent weeks and appeared to be entirely reactionary based solely on tonight's performance.

You have already moderated your opinion from "not signing a striker will see us relegated" to "we should survive" within half an hour, which proves my point.

• Like 4

We don't know if LJ is a cheap option as we don't know his salary

What we do know is that he is committed but has not had the benefit of a transfer window and has to go with what he's got, and not helped by two injuries.

We also know that one defeat tells us little as did two victories

We all know why we are in the position we are in and it has nothing to do with LJ

Perhaps if more fans had been prepared to ask for SC's removal in October The Board might have been persuaded to act sooner - but that's history

All we fans can do is to keep positive and if we go down, which I doubt will be the case, then LJ can begin to plan for the long haul back

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Judging a player on being Championship standard by a missed penalty? Ridiculous. 

He's shown more than once that he can cause heaps of problems against good Championship defences when he's on form. 

I agree with you, but although the game was lost very unprofessional to not allow the designated penalty taker to take the penalty, incredibly unprofessional and LJ needs to nip that behaviour in the bud.

6 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

The cheap option wasn't made though. Whether LJ proved to be the right option or not, the simple fact is getting a manager under contract from another club who, though a division below, are of a comparative size to us, paying compensation and increasing his wages isn't the cheap option.  You're entitled to your opinion, which I happen to disagree with, but it seems a bit daft to back it up with assertions that are factually and demonstrably untrue.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I agree with you, but although the game was lost very unprofessional to not allow the designated penalty taker to take the penalty, incredibly unprofessional and LJ needs to nip that behaviour in the bud.

Indeed. Surely the captain should be calling the shots. 

1 hour ago, Red Army 87 said:

Brighton have played us really, LJ was expecting a possession game from them and they've gone counter attack. Problem now is the more we push forward the more likely they are to score again. Tough job now.

Couldn't be there tonight due to work but is this true?!

Did we really think they'd play a possession game and then we were unable to adapt when that turned out to be incorrect?!

I was player manager of a local team for 12 years and we changed our tactics instantaneously if we'd obviously got it wrong from the  off.

Are you telling me that a professional football team didn't realise that they'd got it wrong and couldn't adapt?!

That is worrying...

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

For sure, if Agard did take the ball off the designated penalty taker, then he needs a firm talking to. If not a slap round the back of the head.