IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Brighton & Hove Albion Match Day Thread

3 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

People got carried away . We are work in progress . On Saturday Vyner got caught out in the second half . I said to my fellow fan , he will get targeted Tuesday . That's life . Plus , our team have run themselves hard for those three wins . We are , after all a mixed bag . Brighton a good side with a few great players . We just need to stay up . For us the Bolton game is our target . Tonight a point would have been a big result . We did not become league trail blazers over night . Brighton scouted us well . 

Surely we would have targeted a win at home.

1 minute ago, billywedlock said:

People got carried away . We are work in progress . On Saturday Vyner got caught out in the second half . I said to my fellow fan , he will get targeted Tuesday . That's life . Plus , our team have run themselves hard for those three wins . We are , after all a mixed bag . Brighton a good side with a few great players . We just need to stay up . For us the Bolton game is our target . Tonight a point would have been a big result . We did not become league trail blazers over night . Brighton scouted us well . 

We have needed a striker all season and we have failed to sign one and that is unforgivable and to make matters worse all the bullshit about signing a striker in the emergency loan window and some people actually swallowed it, it was never going to happen.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

We have needed a striker all season and we have failed to sign one and that is unforgivable and to make matters worse all the bullshit about signing a striker in the emergency loan window and some people actually swallowed it, it was never going to happen.

Did not take long...

Would have been a good striker to have scored four tonight...

1 minute ago, havanatopia said:

Up nice amd early here, still dark but not so nice...

Vyner at fault for all 3? Really? Not quite ready then. Hope it doesn't shatter his confidence. Needs an arm around the shoulder i should think.

Oh well a goal for City would be nice to stem flow and damage limit the goal diff.

He certainly was... Brighton did a job on us tonight!!

2 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Up nice amd early here, still dark but not so nice...

Vyner at fault for all 3? Really? Not quite ready then. Hope it doesn't shatter his confidence. Needs an arm around the shoulder i should think.

Oh well a goal for City would be nice to stem flow and damage limit the goal diff.

Can't see them scoring ATM

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Sorry your first sentence has lost me?.

As for the 2nd sentence, it looks as though we had enough of the game early on in both halves and who knows, we might not have conceded 3 goals.

Suppose I am just musing on people blaming the lack of the new forward for tonight. Sounds like Brighton have exploited a makeshift back four for us. Went a goal up early, and then more than good enough to pick us off.

27 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Poor decision by LJ to keep Vyner in the side. Playing him against a MK Dons bereft of any confidence is one thing, but playing him against a solid promotion chasing side is another. Both goals coming from his side and bright targeting him. 

Yes, be interesting to see if LJ owns up to his poor decision after the game, or passes the buck like SC typically did.

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

Suppose I am just musing on people blaming the lack of the new forward for tonight. Sounds like Brighton have exploited a makeshift back four for us. Went a goal up early, and then more than good enough to pick us off.

Not blaming lack of new striker for tonight, but taking the season as a whole, tonight sounds a lot like most of this season to me, where a good striker might have made our season somewhat different.

• Like 1