IGNORED

Is Big Flint good enough for the Prem?

reddogkev

4 hours ago, OddBallJim said:

Sell for nothing less than 4 million. Players are rarely valued at their true prices these days and I would say Flint is more influential to our team than say David Cottrell who left for 2mil.

On the subject of Flint in the premier league he would have to seriously improve his ability to read the game. One of the reasons the likes of Terry, Keown, Ferdinand and going even further back Sir Bobby were great defenders is that they didn't need to out pace strikers in a direct foot race, but had the mental awareness to recognise space and shut it down. Equally, they also are fine examples of being AWARE OF THE BLINDSIDE, which Flint still struggles with. 

He's come on leaps and bounds though since christmas. Good on him.

Agree with this! LOTS!  The thing is you cant have hight, skill, and pace you can have a selection of some if he had all he would be worth 10+ million, and its the managers job to find the right blend of players in the middle of defence look at Mertasacker @ Arsenal he looks dreadful when not alongside Kolshelny, its about finding the right pairings.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Because he's recently  scored a few goals. No other reason.

In my view he's a traditional "head it and kick it" centre back. He'd be exposed in the PL where the ball is played to feet much more than in other league. 

Imagine Flint up against Kane, Costa, Aguiro, Sanchez or any other PL striker........:facepalm:

He'd probably cope much the same as most PL centre backs - he'd struggle too. There's plenty of "head it and kick it" centre backs in the Premier League; not many in the top 6 I'd give you, but that's not the question.

Archived