IGNORED

The Official Wolverhampton Wanderers v Bristol City Match Day Thread

LJ appears to have little substance. If he says the squad doesnt need a few new faces right now he is either out of his depth or being SLs yes man. I do not believe Mr Lansdown is as committed as he once was and I dont believe what he says. That defeat is shattering because unlike Brighton we were woeful and wolves were shit. Momentum is with others and id put our survival chances at 50 -50. 

If we do survive I think SC sales will be slow until the club shows proper intent.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

Well we're not there yet, we actually have some chance of staying up... something which we couldn't lay claim to about 9 games ago

I think you'll find that we probably the same chance as we have now, unless you predict the future?.

PS:- Sacking SC was correct but I am not so sure about LJ.

Edited by Esmond Million's Bung
8 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Definitely not. Knee jerk?! LJ playing bryan cm? Reid LW saturday. Tomlin LW? What did old man johnson use to say - round pegs round holes? Well Jnr is trying to fit squares in to rounds at the moment. I still think we'll stay up but this is because theres might just be worse teams. Not because we are deserving of it. 

Bryan in CM was probably man of the match this evening to be honest. He's looking very good there. 

7 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Whats worrying to me is we have now started moving players around, rather than staying with a settled team and shape. Bar Korey's injury we have the same players Pembo used to good effect after SC left, it's just starting to seem that LJ is tinkering and its not working

There you have it. We need to get that man back in the team sharpish.

Let's have a touch of realism

1. We began this season with too small a squad, only two signings, one of whom left in unexplained circumstances to a competitor

2. We failed to secure signing of Tavernier, we let Cunningham go to a rival

3. We had a manager who was so stubborn it was only matched by the stubbornness of The Board to dismiss him

4. Our team from last year was not experienced enough to make the transition to the Championship

5. We brought in a new head coach too late for the transfer window

6. The Board have been too fixated on the stadium. All the evidence is that clubs' creating new stadia allow the performance on the pitch to suffer.  We have proved no exception to this general rule

6. The Board as normal at Ashton Gate, for all the fine words, are happy with division 3 south football - the cycle of failure continues, with occasional, and rare successes.  It is all so sad that we are so badly run

• Like 6
2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I've just looked at the league table to see where this super duper Fulham team are that are definitely going to batter us on Saturday, and was stunned to see they have the same number of points as us.

Surely some mistake?...

This then will be the measure of us.

What better way to measure up, then in our next game against a side that have over the course of the long season so far accrued exactly the same points (GD ignored!)

The table says it'll be close. Fingers crossed for a positive result and for some others to go our way

1 minute ago, deadredfred said:

Ayling out of the squad has been somewhat overlooked. Have I missed something? Recurrence of the knee injury or is he in talks with LVG?

@Fordy62 - how did the new boy get on?

First half he did OK. But towards the end he was deservedly taken off. Their first goal came down his side and they just seemed to waltz through. Can't picture where he was amidst it all though. 

The truth is that we were probably better than Wolves, but we didn't capitalise when we had periods of pressure. 

14 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

Relegation form. Pure and simple. No improvement since Cotts. In fact I think we're going backward. 

That's actually complete twaddle. 

In the ten games since Cotterill left we've taken SIXTEEN points  

In the ten games prior to Cotts' departure we took SIX points. 

Im as gutted as the next man tonight but for the love of all that's holy let's have some perspective. 

• Like 6
19 minutes ago, cynic said:

Jesus - they are all coming out now.

Warnock is God.

The man is a *****, a ****, a complete ******.

He wouldn't be allowed into the ground by SL and rightly so.

And I couldn't give a toss what he does at any other club - he's a ballbag.

I know emotions run high after a defeat, but unless you know Warnock personally surely you can't justify abuse like that which needs so many asterisks??!!

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

First half he did OK. But towards the end he was deservedly taken off. Their first goal came down his side and they just seemed to waltz through. Can't picture where he was amidst it all though. 

The truth is that we were probably better than Wolves, but we didn't capitalise when we had periods of pressure. 

Sounds like our season in a nutshell then.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, deadredfred said:

This then will be the measure of us.

What better way to measure up, then in our next game against a side that have over the course of the long season so far accrued exactly the same points (GD ignored!)

The table says it'll be close. Fingers crossed for a positive result and for some others to go our way

Absolutely. It's the type of game we've got to get a positive outcome in if we want to secure our Championship status.

It's just amusing that judging from posts on here, they're being painted as Brazil 1970 meets Barcelona 2011. Yet they have the same number of points as us, who are doomed, apparently.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

That's actually complete twaddle. 

In the ten games since Cotterill left we've taken SIXTEEN points  

In the ten games prior to Cotts' departure we took SIX points. 

Im as gutted as the next man tonight but for the love of all that's holy let's have some perspective. 

I think we all get the maths but now we are 90 minutes away from a relegation place, that's actually the point here.

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Absolutely. It's the type of game we've got to get a positive outcome in if we want to secure our Championship status.

It's just amusing that judging from posts on here, they're being painted as Brazil 1970 meets Barcelona 2011. Yet they have the same number of points as us, who are doomed, apparently.

They also gave us an absolute lesson at home this season 

• Like 1