IGNORED

Odemwingie signs on loan (Merged)

Major Isewater

According to The Post , LJ " could " bring in a striker in time for Saturday's match .

who ? 

It is The Post though .:blink:

Johnson has identified a lack of goals and Championship quality in the final third as a problem and is now actively seeking a solution in the loan market " 

Preciseley why he's a top young coach . 

Read more: http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-City-NEWS/story-28898001-detail/story.html#ixzz42VOCNm1f 
Follow us: @BristolPost on Twitter | bristolpost on Facebook

3 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

LJ should have done his homework and sorted this on his first day here. Everyone in the ground new....yet we are still waiting :facepalm:

It's not as simple as that is it. Things have to fall into place and quite often there's a bit of a domino effect. If something is happening now it's probably because of this.

Instead of bringing someone else in, the coaches need to get JK firing on all cylinders again.

There's a player there who could still have another 8-10 goals in his locker this season.

We need to bring in a forwards coach with the ability to make him as effective as possible.

Tomlin, Kodjia, Agard, and even Wilbs should still be enough for the remainder of this season.

Of course, if Pack, Freeman, Bryan et al can start finding the net, then things start to look a lot better.

13 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Instead of bringing someone else in, the coaches need to get JK firing on all cylinders again.

There's a player there who could still have another 8-10 goals in his locker this season.

We need to bring in a forwards coach with the ability to make him as effective as possible.

Tomlin, Kodjia, Agard, and even Wilbs should still be enough for the remainder of this season.

Of course, if Pack, Freeman, Bryan et al can start finding the net, then things start to look a lot better.

the first thing jk needs to learn is the word pass. he must hear it 10 times a match

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

He's probably playing under instruction to try and create chances. This isn't Sunday league, if he was directly disobeying orders and instructions he wouldn't play 70-90 mins every game.

I don't think he's deliberately disobeying anything, but he's repeatedly guilty of overplaying. LJ seems very aware of that, hence his comments about his tactical naivety the other week.

Interesting development , but there could be nothing in it.

i do hope that this is not a sudden " realisation" as a quick look at the list of goal scorers this season would have provided a fairly clear clue that there was a problem, but I do agree getting someone worthwhile in would not have been or is, easy.

Lafferty would be a good call and I agree he will be desperate to get games, however I doubt Norwich would want to lose any options even one they are unlikely to use. They also won't be too concerned about him wanting to go to France as they have more to worry about.

9 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Interesting development , but there could be nothing in it.

i do hope that this is not a sudden " realisation" as a quick look at the list of goal scorers this season would have provided a fairly clear clue that there was a problem, but I do agree getting someone worthwhile in would not have been or is, easy.

Lafferty would be a good call and I agree he will be desperate to get games, however I doubt Norwich would want to lose any options even one they are unlikely to use. They also won't be too concerned about him wanting to go to France as they have more to worry about.

True. And to be fair he's going to France whether he gets games or not. NI are not exactly awash with strikers at his level so it makes little difference. Be good for him to get game time though and would be a good addition here if we can get him in. 

I don't think we need a striker, the way LJ sets up 4231, I think kodja has goals in him and what we are missing is a goal scoring attacking rm in the lines of Albert, although not Albert but someone like him to fill the attacking rm side of our 4231 formation.

50 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

I don't think he's deliberately disobeying anything, but he's repeatedly guilty of overplaying. LJ seems very aware of that, hence his comments about his tactical naivety the other week.

I read those comments more about positioning and playing a role in a team, more off the ball stuff rather than in possession. There was a fair few times Saturday he should be releasing the ball earlier in my view though.

32 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I read those comments more about positioning and playing a role in a team, more off the ball stuff rather than in possession. There was a fair few times Saturday he should be releasing the ball earlier in my view though.

Agreed on Saturday. I think it's both though, he's not got the composure to know when to release the ball sometimes, hopefully it'll come in time and we'll have a top all-round player.

Archived