IGNORED

Odemwingie signs on loan (Merged)

Major Isewater

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I read those comments more about positioning and playing a role in a team, more off the ball stuff rather than in possession. There was a fair few times Saturday he should be releasing the ball earlier in my view though.

It will be even more helpful to Kodjia if Freeman played some balls in much earlier instead of "it's my ball and I'm playing with it until somebody gets it off me". There is the real problem. How many goals would Vardy have at Leicester if their midfield held on to it instead of the quick release on the break?

We are not playing to Kodjia's strengths.

And when Kodjia gets the ball out wide are there any of our midfield busting a gut to get into the penalty box?

2 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

It will be even more helpful to Kodjia if Freeman played some balls in much earlier instead of "it's my ball and I'm playing with it until somebody gets it off me". There is the real problem. How many goals would Vardy have at Leicester if their midfield held on to it instead of the quick release on the break?

We are not playing to Kodjia's strengths.

There is that however Kodjia stills try's to beat too many people before he releases, to be fair to him though sometimes he is completely isolated and has little choice!

15 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

There is that however Kodjia stills try's to beat too many people before he releases, to be fair to him though sometimes he is completely isolated and has little choice!

Bang on. He's got no choice. There's no support running from midfield to help out. Part of the reason they never score. 

15 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

Bang on. He's got no choice. There's no support running from midfield to help out. Part of the reason they never score. 

Never. I swear ive seen a fat bloke blowing out of his arse trying to catch Kodg up a few times-This Tomlin/Tomlinson bloke depending on what you wana call him!! Hes so far offered bugger all. And i'd hazard an accusation hes lazier than JET!

9 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

As LJ is playing a clear 442 as opposed to more centralised midfield grouping under Pembo, someone with some pace on one side of the middle 4 would be good, even if JB is quite swift 

I wouldn't say he's playing 442 fella...it's 4231...Pack holding, Bryan distributing and linking play...with Three attacking midfielders and Kodger as lone striker...wouldn't you agree?

4 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

It has been a very clear 4 4 2 in the last 2 games I saw. Cannot speak for last match at Wolves. 

I can't see how you've defined that mate...maybe towards the end of games when Wilbs and Agard have come on...but we generally start with a back four, two DM's, 3 'roaming' AM's and Kodger...who have you seen as a partner to Kodger up front?

Even the official team sheets given out to the press show the formation as 4231...

I just cannot see Burns being the answer and to be fair having been let go on loan not sure it's fair to put that sort of pressure on him. Let him get the experience on loan which will hopefully benefit us for seasons to come. 

As far more knowledgeable posters have put in other threads there are other strikers out there from both Prem clubs to experienced championship ones.

No not some bloke called smith....

11 minutes ago, spudski said:

I can't see how you've defined that mate...maybe towards the end of games when Wilbs and Agard have come on...but we generally start with a back four, two DM's, 3 'roaming' AM's and Kodger...who have you seen as a partner to Kodger up front?

Even the official team sheets given out to the press show the formation as 4231...

Pretty sure we played that against Forest as well, 2nd half we were excellent.. thoroughly enjoyable football. Johnson is still learning which tactics are best but hopefully doesn't revert 3-5-2... It simply didnt work and we were easy to cut through, players didn't even have to make individual errors for us to be beaten.

1 hour ago, PaulieBS5 said:

Recall Wes from Fleetwood as he's been going well there.

After all Vardy made his name there and doing ok now...

Any man who thinks that Burn's is the answer quite simply has not seen the lad play championship football, another academy product that quite simply isn't good enough at this standard..

2 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Any man who thinks that Burn's is the answer quite simply has not seen the lad play championship football, another academy product that quite simply isn't good enough at this standard..

None of us have seen him play up front in the Championship, where Wales believe his future is, so I wouldn't know.

1 hour ago, PaulieBS5 said:

Recall Wes from Fleetwood as he's been going well there.

After all Vardy made his name there and doing ok now...

Completely academic until next week, an outfield player has to stay on loan for a minimum of 28 days so he can't play for us again until the Bolton game.

If he scores on Saturday, making it 3 in 6 games (4 starts) for Wes, I'd be very surprised if we didn't bring him back..

4 hours ago, stawey said:

some say we need a miracle and a striker:whistle:

I think it is more of a case that it would be a miracle if this club could sign one.I have to say I thought LJ would be on the case as soon as he arrived.Very disappointed it has taken this .long.And think it is too little too late.

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Is Rickie Lambert getting any game time for WBA? He must be their 4th choice striker. Or Charles N'Zogbia? Just trying to think of forward players who don't get any game time in the prem.

Legs gone I reckon.  Peaked at Southampton, fair play to him.  Looked awful against us at The Hawthorns.  Would take him 3-4 games to get up to speed, and we can't afford that.  Would take Anichibe over him.

Could we get Glenn Murray or Lewis Grabban?  Assuming Lafferty is saving himself for Euros?

12 hours ago, billywedlock said:

Well stop launching long balls at him would help . Though he could do better by not trying to dribble past every opposition player 

And bizarrely that does seem to be the plan most of the time, madness unless you have someone who can hold the ball up and feed the "runners" - and we have neither someone who can hold a long ball nor any midfield "runners"

Archived