IGNORED

Leicester v Newcastle

reddogkev

Seems like an interesting / entertaining enough match to warrant a thread.

Any guesses for the score?

Before Rafa took over Friday, I think we would have all backed Leicester to win tonight, but now there is the element of uncertainty.

Will Rafa be able to make any significant changes to the Toon and tighten them up?  Is it possible to have a big impact within a couple of days of arriving at a new club?

I don't normally watch full Prem games, but think I might make an exception tonight.  Leicester to win 3-1, and go onto win the league.

4 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Do you see them going on to win the title?

All season I (like most) have been waiting for the inevitable slip up that seemingly won't come. I desperately want to see them do it, it would be a real win for football in an era where there's not much to truly enjoy about the game, especially at that level.

One thing's for sure - they'll never get a better chance. I've never known a season where so many of the big clubs have so repeatedly failed to take their own chances to take hold of the title race. 

1 minute ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Leicester have to do it for me (sorry @Woodsy!)

I think that Rafa will tighten Newcastle up and get them out of the brown stuff, but hopefully that starts after tonight.

I hope so too, It's the hardest league around to win and they are competing with teams that have spent millions.

Think it'll be a draw tonight. Really hope I'm wrong as like nearly everyone else I would love to see Leicester City win the league and they need to win games like this with Spurs breathing down their neck. But Rafa will tighten them right up. 1-1  

Actually still thought Man City would win the league based on the games left  but can't see it now after drawing at Norwich. 

2 minutes ago, lenred said:

Think it'll be a draw tonight. Really hope I'm wrong as like nearly everyone else I would love to see Leicester City win the league and they need to win games like this with Spurs breathing down their neck. But Rafa will tighten them right up. 1-1  

Actually still thought Man City would win the league based on the games left  but can't see it now after drawing at Norwich. 

The writing was on the wall for them when it was announced Pep was coming in, a lot of that team will be moved on and they know that.

I would very much like Leicester to win the title. My Dad's first wife came from Leicester (she died before the war) and whenever we went up there to visit her family in the 1950's, all the men and boys always ended up at Filbert Street in the double decker stand behind the goal.

Plus the fact that it may signal a seed change in English football that well built squads with organisation, a good goalscorer and belief can triumph over the stinking rich.

2 hours ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Leicester have to do it for me (sorry @Woodsy!)

I think that Rafa will tighten Newcastle up and get them out of the brown stuff, but hopefully that starts after tonight.

I'll let you off, I'll be having a couple of quid on them later I expect!

Think Leicester will win 2-0. Think they will win the leauge to. Its  a fairytail.  A couple of years ago Iwas at the gate and we won ws Leicester 2-0. Second a wondergoal from our scottish player, dont remember his name but will never forget his goal. At the time Svennis was the manager in Leicester. Hope we someday play in pl.

I'm torn between Leicester winning the Premier League and doing it for the little guys, but then part of me gets fed up with the likes of Forest living off their glory days and we wouldn't hear the end of it from them.

Personally, I wouldn't mind Tottenham to win it. I think Pochettino has done brilliant there and they've got real class young players.

On a separate note, the FA cup semi final. Palace, Watford, Everton and West Ham (think they will best Utd in replay, hopefully).

Good to see none of the proposed big teams in the draw and personally would be pleased to see any of the above win it 

2 hours ago, BEARBOY79 said:

Newcastle 5/1 seems worth a tenner,  Teams with a New Manager are always dangerous especially away from home,  look at us at home to Middlesbrough.

I've been giggling at his for like 10 minutes!

Teams are always dangerous especially away from home. Perfect example - us at home hahahahahahaha 

Archived