IGNORED

Keith Burt and Paul Groves

View from the Dolman

DIRECTOR of football Keith Burt has today left Bristol City with immediate effect.

Burt initially appointed as a scout under former boss Sean O'Driscoll before being made director in May 2013.

He then went on to assist Steve Cotterill who was sacked in January after a poor run of results in the Sky Bet Championship.

Academy boss Paul Groves has also departed City.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/BREAKING-NEWS-Director-football-Keith-Burt/story-28963253-detail/story.html

1 minute ago, Super said:

should of left when Cotts went.

Suppose they had to have some sort of handover, with Mark Ashton overseeing. I don't recognise the name Groves at all.  Looks like things are going to be done differently again now, or maybe get someone else in?

3 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

More redundancy money to pay out. Get new people in and get rid of them in 2 years, and so it goes on. If Ashton is going to take over everything as suggested. Be very worried folks.

Getting rid of dead wood can only be a good thing.

7 minutes ago, RedM said:

The academy has a high churn over of people don't they :blink:

I think that is the nature of youth team coaching M, a lot of those guys seem to move around from club to club and even country to country, I don't think this is a new thing either. In this case I am sure LJ will be pushing for someone that he knows and trains in the same way.

24 minutes ago, RedM said:

The academy has a high churn over of people don't they :blink:

Will this is in keeping with the 5 Pillar approach. In this case, the club have identified a club of similar size who have gone on to greater success and so they want to emulate them.

Unfortunately, Jon Lansdown was a big fan of Dream Team and the club he has chosen to copy for youth development is Harchester United.

This explains the high turnover of staff.

Inevitable that Burt should leave with the arrival of Mr Charisma. 

Must have been a serious overlap of roles within the club.

It was a bit of surprise to me when Mark Ashton said he was in charge of player recruitment. That was a big part of Burts job. The writing was on the wall when he said that but we didn't realise that at the time.

I assume that Mark Ashton will be the head of recruitment with a team of scouts, so the position of DOR has become defunct.

As for Groves, I did wonder at the time whether this was an "old pals" appointment by SC, just as Brooks, under 18 coach, was by Groves.

Not how it is done in many companies but football is a very secretive sector of the world.

As long as we do not return to the nepotism days of GJ and his family.

5 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I assume that Mark Ashton will be the head of recruitment with a team of scouts, so the position of DOR has become defunct.

As for Groves, I did wonder at the time whether this was an "old pals" appointment by SC, just as Brooks, under 18 coach, was by Groves.

Not how it is done in many companies but football is a very secretive sector of the world.

As long as we do not return to the nepotism days of GJ and his family.

Think you'll find the collective noun for a team of scouts is a 'patrol'.

#DibDibDib

Archived