IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Rotherham United Match Day Thread

It's another game gone and the gap has increased slightly. Definitely a flying by the seat of the pants season. It could be a lot worse we could be where Charlton are now under Cotts playing 3-5-2 until the big "R" is alongside our name in the league table. 6 to go now. Just a Swindon supporters hand away from surviving in the Championship!

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

6 wins in 10 matches up to today.

1 hour ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

And for what 3 points above the relegation zone? 

Mate I'm not going to row with you but as I said this is really ******* bad

W 6 D 1 L4 19 points from 11 games, I suppose you could have asked him to win all the games but to get 7 points clear of relegation at this stage is good going. I don't know why people insist on looking at the table after 45 minutes of a game.

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

That was a diabolical game. Both teams were absolute horse shit. Unfortunately the rules of football don't allow both teams to get no points, because that's what they deserve. 

An absolute horror show. 

That's how warnock plays though. High pressure game forcing mistakes and disjointed play. How did Smith look tonight btw?

Edited by Kodjias Wrist
2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

That was a diabolical game. Both teams were absolute horse shit. Unfortunately the rules of football don't allow both teams to get no points, because that's what they deserve. 

An absolute horror show. 

Did not sound great to be honest, but Rotherham do seem to have found a way to make it a battle. Sheff Wed next, which in current form may well be a loss, but hopefully a better game!

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

An absolute horror show. 

Perhaps too much at stake to  expect the best quality of football?

At the sharp end of the season results are far more important than performaces.

Edited by downendcity
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Not at all. Over the moon with it. Why would it be inconvenient?

Oh yeah of course.....I forgot.... "I want us to fail". 

Behave you nugget 

I do not really think any one on here wants us to fail, not really, but we could all maybe do with a little more calm at half time. 

• Like 2

Just want this season to end and then hopefully Lee will be given the resources to build a proper Championship squad, but it will require quite an outlay.  One positive is Wes, whom I still sort of believe in at this level.  And what about Osbourne could he make it too? Not so long ago he was a star for us.

14 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

W 6 D 1 L4 19 points from 11 games, I suppose you could have asked him to win all the games but to get 7 points clear of relegation at this stage is good going. I don't know why people insist on looking at the table after 45 minutes of a game.

My original point was I was not impressed with the football, I said results aside. 

Anyway I want us to to do well and I'm a fan of Lee Johnson but when you've just lumped down 650 in season tickets I'm worried about the value of that decision, because tonight was horrible. 

5 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Just want this season to end and then hopefully Lee will be given the resources to build a proper Championship squad, but it will require quite an outlay.  One positive is Wes, whom I still sort of believe in at this level.  And what about Osbourne could he make it too? Not so long ago he was a star for us.

Osbourne was never the same after his Injury before the start of last season and I think he is out for the season at wimbledon

I had the misfortune to sit in front of the most annoying bloke in the world today and his 13 year old son. He came up with such gems as suggesting he'd sell Flint for a fiver and would rather have Dave Richards in goal. 

He kept using an insult that sounded like 'pyke-hand'. Can anyone shed any light on what he was saying? And what it means.

if by any stretch you're reading this and it was you, then just know that I hate you. And I hate your son.

@Woodsy will back me up on this. 

Edited by Fordy62
  • Like 3

Any team worth their place in this division ought to have seen us off today. Shocking game, two teams playing very poorly. We had zero creativity. Lucky to get out of tonight as we did. I expect - and hope -  there will be some stern words in training tomorrow 

1 minute ago, 29AR said:

Any team worth their place in this division ought to have seen us off today. Shocking game, two teams playing very poorly. We had zero creativity. Lucky to get out of tonight as we did. I expect - and hope -  there will be some stern words in training tomorrow 

I think that's a little unfair on us and rotherham a team with the best form in the division ! 

Still I confess I didn't go tonight but sounded scrappy

2 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I hope so. If we play like that on Saturday we will get hockeyed.

Bit annoyed that we didn't score one of our other chances or didn't get one of the five or six penalties we should have had but increasing the gap whilst playing that badly isn't a bad result at all.

3 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Absolutely right. I've never been in a position before where we're not winning after 90 minutes and I've wanted there to be no added minutes. I wholly hated every minute of that. 

On the bright side it is another game down and another point above the drop. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

I think that's a little unfair on us and rotherham a team with the best form in the division ! 

Scrappy!!! I'd have taken scrappy over that. Appalling game, not helped by an Appalling ref, cheating like you wouldn't believe and 90 minutes of watching the ball fall out of the sky. 

I demand and explaination!! ;)

38 minutes ago, NeilS said:

I understand Rotherham  were using spoiling tactics, it was never going to be a game of flowing football, but we dug in and got something....chin up.

Not many of our teams in the last 30 years have had that never say die attitude

Definitely a new era

Edited by finbarr_in_z
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Unfortunately I don't think it was. Rotherham looked no form team what so ever - proof that form is temporary. And that wasn't us stifling them either. That was them looking crap and, unfortunately, is looking worse. 

I don't buy in to them stifling us. Not at all. Our only game plan was lump it long or lump it wide. That wasn't because they stifled us, we didn't try to play football at hardly any times. 

Onwards and, hopefully, upwards. But I hope just how poor we were does not get masked by the result. 

36 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

That's how warnock plays though. High pressure game forcing mistakes and disjointed play. How did Smith look tonight btw?

Not back to his best by any means. Failed to impose himself on the game. Improved second half, but that wasn't hard. Pack actually did more defensive work than him, and also passed the ball forward with variable accuracy but did put us on the front foot in the early part of the second. Korey was under pressure on the ball and looked shakey

41 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

An absolute horror show. 

As usual @Fordy62 talks sense so I won't add to this as it'll be talking shit. 

Instead I've found a rogue Easter Egg of my boy's in the fridge so I'm going to eat that and sulk.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Their keeper made 2 brilliant saves O'donnell never had to dive once, so although we were poor we edged it and deserved to win more than they did, 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, redfieldred said:

Their keeper made 2 brilliant saves O'donnell never had to dive once, so although we were poor we edged it and deserved to win more than they did, 

Odemwingies header was right at him from my angle. Could be wrong but I thought at the time a poor effort. The save from the header first half was very, very good indeed. 

We were at home mind! 

Also really disappointed with their player abusing the head injury rules to take the sting out of the game when we were well on top.

Those rules are in place for a very good reason, and that sort of behaviour is totally unacceptable. I don't ever recall seeing that before, and considering how much cheating goes on in football that's saying something.

4 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Odemwingies header was right at him from my angle. Could be wrong but I thought at the time a poor effort. The save from the header first half was very, very good indeed. 

We were at home mind! 

They have won 3 out of their last 4 away and drawn the other, so although not pretty, it's not a bad result. 

We played attractive football against Burnley and Brentford and managed to lose both those quite easily

Edited by redfieldred
1 minute ago, Super said:

Fair result I have no idea what we were doing first half, far too many aimless long balls. Better second half but still poor overall.

Can't understand playing Bryan wide and odemwinge in the middle. Bryan has played well in the middle, likewise odemwinge on the wing. They were trying to get head ons from wilbs, but that obviously wasn't happening? So they should have stopped trying. Rotherham were good at pressing, but little else. Made for a poor game to watch. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

Not at all. Over the moon with it. Why would it be inconvenient?

Oh yeah of course.....I forgot.... "I want us to fail". 

Behave you nugget 

Of course you don't want us to fail. That wasn't my implication.

It's inconvenient because it doesn't suit your argument that we will be relegated and it will be what the board deserve, which apparently you've "been saying for weeks" - your words not mine.