IGNORED

Dear bloke in South Stand Block 19

Fordy62

5 minutes ago, NeilS said:

This is very much what I see on the streets, or rather see on the TV, people complaining about this and that and doing nothing, it's the same as the cops Fordy, my son was being assaulted protecting a couple from being being beaten up by thugs who wanted a fag... the Police were buying their fish suppers across the road and were completely focused on that. He suffered a fractured skull, and other injuries, you would think that at least that section of society (the Police) would stand up and be counted wouldn't you?

Hi Neil. 

Mom sorry to hear about your son. From your account I'd agree that it doesn't sound acceptable at all. I hope he's fully recovered. Have you complained to the force involved? Because I can assure you that nothing will be done if you don't. 

With regard to your point about standing up to be counted, truth be told, it didn't really bother me too much. It was slightly annoying, yes... But in the grand scheme of things, I wasn't going to upset a man and his young lad and make them feel uncomfortable for the rest of the match for something that was on a par with a fly buzzing around me. 

Unfortunately i have to deal with people who murder, assault and do the unthinkable. They often want to fight me, although I seldom have the desire to fight them. So really last night was water off a duck's back and that'd be the reason I didn't address it. My real concern was finding out:

(a) what word I had heard as pykehand, and

(b) what it meant. 

So yeh, there's a time and a place to stand up and be counted, but for me, last night wasn't it. 

7 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Ha, on the naughty step with you, Dave!!

Dropped my daughter off last night, first thing she tells ex Mrs Woodsy.....'Dad was getting well wound up tonight Mum, loads of people swearing around by us, and he was one of the worst'. There's just some things other people don't need to know, we'll have to have 'that chat' on the way down on Saturday (again!), first rule of going to football with Dad club is you don't talk about going to football with Dad. She'll learn!

I gave Joe a little chat on the way home.  Might as well not have bothered....."mummy, you should've heard daddy tonight.  He was swearing, the F word too".  He found it hilarious!  I will have the last laugh, on Saturday, I'm gonna run the battery down on his Tablet device (not his wheelchair :P).

3 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Hi Neil. 

Mom sorry to hear about your son. From your account I'd agree that it doesn't sound acceptable at all. I hope he's fully recovered. Have you complained to the force involved? Because I can assure you that nothing will be done if you don't. 

With regard to your point about standing up to be counted, truth be told, it didn't really bother me too much. It was slightly annoying, yes... But in the grand scheme of things, I wasn't going to upset a man and his young lad and make them feel uncomfortable for the rest of the match for something that was on a par with a fly buzzing around me. 

Unfortunately i have to deal with people who murder, assault and do the unthinkable. They often want to fight me, although I seldom have the desire to fight them. So really last night was water off a duck's back and that'd be the reason I didn't address it. My real concern was finding out:

(a) what word I had heard as pykehand, and

(b) what it meant. 

So yeh, there's a time and a place to stand up and be counted, but for me, last night wasn't it. 

20 odd years ago, an opposition called our keeper a pykehand.  Never heard it before, nor since, until this.

Fully agree that the all seater stadium is part of the problem, well known idiot sat at end of  row1 block 23, greeted by Scrumpy every match, but as soon as things hot up he is on his feet shouting every sexual expletive you can  imagine - surrounded by women and children, even his own!

last night, at long last, he was confronted by stewards and threatened with ejection - never seen him so angry - singled out AND falsly accused - oh dear!

17 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Isn't that what Haagen Daazs put in their ice cream?

seriously though, that could well be it. Thank you so much. I'm going to google it now!

No, it's what a Fray Bentos comes in.

What would annoy me is, I dunno , say .....

a guy comes in a few minutes late every game,

goes out for a pee five minutes before half time, sometimes even comes back before going back out again AT half time,

does the same thing in the second half , and just before the end. 

And imagine if someone said we were glad to be moving to the West stand to be told HE was moving there too !!

bound to be near us again, um if there was such a person :shutup:

10 hours ago, RedM said:

Dear Little Runt in the Dolman Stand,

it was music to my ears to hear you discussing your move away to the Williams next season. I appreciate there isn't much legroom but you aren't that tall to be constantly kneeing me in the back and when you aren't doing that you are jiggling your legs up and down against my seat in a constant state of nervousness, excitement, coldness or a mixture of all three. Despite me pushing back, turning round etc you haven't taken the hint. Sometimes you do stop for a few minutes before you start again. I am very happy that you are pissing off elsewhere.

I'm sure the pleasure has been all yours, I'm happy that your knees and my back never touch again.

M

The East End in the seventies served up interesting stuff from the people behind! A knee would have been preferable!

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

The East End in the seventies served up interesting stuff from the people behind! A knee would have been preferable!

I only did the Eastend from the early 80's and that was experience enough, it's very tame now in comparison.

7 minutes ago, Bobby kellard hero said:

A piecan is a dopey idiot.My late father used to call various city players by that name in the 50's and 60's.I was always perplexed  when I went with him as I didn't understand what he was on about.It's the first time since then that I've heard that expression.now thanks to the internet now I know.

OK, so now we know what a piecan is?  But why is a piecan?  What's the etymology*?

*Yes, I've always wanted to use the word etymology on OTIB.

All sorts of people go football they pay their money etc and while I may have have different opinions on seating/singing standing/players/teams/opinions the one thing is they support BCFC

I stood next to a bloke in the Atyeo last night who hadnt heard of OTIB how bad is that?

13 minutes ago, twodogs said:

I stood next to a bloke in the Atyeo last night who hadnt heard of OTIB how bad is that?

And I've been waiting all day for my Little Runt to admit on here it was his knees massaging my back ! :facepalm:

6 minutes ago, twodogs said:

You werent the laydee shouting  get the f..k it up front then':yes:

Didn't have time to give our players any advice...giving the Ref both barrels for most of the game! :whistle:

On 06/04/2016 at 08:45, Woodsy said:

Ha, on the naughty step with you, Dave!!

Dropped my daughter off last night, first thing she tells ex Mrs Woodsy.....'Dad was getting well wound up tonight Mum, loads of people swearing around by us, and he was one of the worst'. There's just some things other people don't need to know, we'll have to have 'that chat' on the way down on Saturday (again!), first rule of going to football with Dad club is you don't talk about going to football with Dad. She'll learn!

My Dad told me the same and I will pass on the rule to my kids.

At the Gate it's ok but not at home.

He was the captain of our cricket team when i first started playing for the senior side in my early teens and the rule changed to be inside the dressing room and on the field but quietly! (Mum would normally be watching from the boundary)

7 minutes ago, nathredwood said:

My Dad told me the same and I will pass on the rule to my kids.

At the Gate it's ok but not at home.

He was the captain of our cricket team when i first started playing for the senior side in my early teens and the rule changed to be inside the dressing room and on the field but quietly! (Mum would normally be watching from the boundary)

Part of growing up, that first time you slip out a f bomb in front of your Dad and not cop a bollocking for it! I dropped a c bomb at someone at the Gate when I was about 15, didn't get away with that one!!

On ‎06‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 16:20, Davefevs said:

I gave Joe a little chat on the way home.  Might as well not have bothered....."mummy, you should've heard daddy tonight.  He was swearing, the F word too".  He found it hilarious!  I will have the last laugh, on Saturday, I'm gonna run the battery down on his Tablet device (not his wheelchair :P).

20 odd years ago, an opposition called our keeper a pykehand.  Never heard it before, nor since, until this.

Do that and just let him think that next time the chair gets it!

On ‎09‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 18:19, Fordy62 said:

@Woodsy I'd very much like to hear how Mr Pykehand got on today?!

He was there again, but I was explaining the finer points of the game to a 10 year old making her first visit - so I didn't hear him too much, not that he could have had much to moan about to be fair!

Archived