IGNORED

QPR on sale Monday 18 April 2016 (thats today) / Restricted View (MERGED)

Truly one of the worst grounds in the country, made even worse by the fact that a significantly large proportion of seats in the ground are restricted view, mostly in the top tier of the away end. When they say restricted, they mean it. DO NOT BUY; as for most of the other "GOLD" tickets, in the main you won't even see much more than the crossbar of the goal at that end. They say they have moved the pitch but it so marginal as to make little difference, i understand. The bottom tier is pretty awful as well but not as bad; but not open for this match, of course.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Never to the dark side said:

at 10;00am get in early, and if all the 1,500 tickets are sold we will get the bottom section for a further

Interesting, according to this http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/queens-park-rangers-3057649.aspx we are not getting the lower tier

But I notice that QPR are not selling the lower tier to their supporters either

12 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Only top of School End available. The club should have sent back around 400 tickets, not just the ones marked "restricted view". Unless you are in the first few rows upstairs, your view is rubbish. Joke of a club QPR.

They are seriously restricted by their location. No room anywhere to redevelop. They're pretty much stuck with the stadium and are quite aware just how the restricted the away fan view is but are powerless to do anything to improve it so to call them "a joke" is very harsh and unfair.

Never been before, got silver tickets which I now understand they are all sold out. Wouldn't have gone excerpt it's a new ground for me and it's the last away game. Heard it was bad but now I'm worried.

Was there a few years ago when we lost 2-1. Not the game Maynard scored that screamer...unfortunately.  We had the lower tier and the view was ok but not brilliant. I can't be doing with this restricted crap though. Will never buy a seat advertised as restricted. Is this a new(ish) thing now clubs advertising seats as restricted? I wonder if they have to. Something to look forward to if ever make it to the promised land: I know Anfield and Goodison Park have  quite a few restricted seats for away fans. Long live the new identikit stadiums! At least you can see the pitch. All of it.

6 minutes ago, Fat Cigar said:

Was there a few years ago when we lost 2-1. Not the game Maynard scored that screamer...unfortunately.  We had the lower tier and the view was ok but not brilliant. I can't be doing with this restricted crap though. Will never buy a seat advertised as restricted. Is this a new(ish) thing now clubs advertising seats as restricted? I wonder if they have to. Something to look forward to if ever make it to the promised land: I know Anfield and Goodison Park have  quite a few restricted seats for away fans. Long live the new identikit stadiums! At least you can see the pitch. All of it.

Hope the floodlight poles and tv gantry are coming down in front of the WS :whistle:

• Admin
17 minutes ago, RedM said:

Never been before, got silver tickets which I now understand they are all sold out. Wouldn't have gone excerpt it's a new ground for me and it's the last away game. Heard it was bad but now I'm worried.

Restricted Sight Line means you may not be able to see the goal line, normal prices apply.

Restricted View means there is a stanchion in view of one of the goals, reduced in price. 

3 hours ago, The Original OTIB said:

Truly one of the worst grounds in the country, made even worse by the fact that a significantly large proportion of seats in the ground are restricted view, mostly in the top tier of the away end. When they say restricted, they mean it. DO NOT BUY; as for most of the other "GOLD" tickets, in the main you won't even see much more than the crossbar of the goal at that end. They say they have moved the pitch but it so marginal as to make little difference, i understand. The bottom tier is pretty awful as well but not as bad; but not open for this match, of course.

Why are they selling restricted view tickets in the top tier ahead of unrestricted views in the  bottom tier?  That's rubbish!

1 hour ago, LegionOfBrad said:

For those wondering. It really is that bad. 

258363F300000578-0-image-a-40_1423538678

Photos like these keep cropping up from various grounds and they almost always distort the truth.  A club wouldn't sell a ticket with this view because they know it would be guaranteed to generate complaints, or worse still a disturbance at the game, which wouldn't make it worth their while.

59 minutes ago, phantom said:

Restricted Sight Line means you may not be able to see the goal line, normal prices apply.

Restricted View means there is a stanchion in view of one of the goals, reduced in price. 

So pretty much any ticket you might not be able to see the goal line, whether silver or gold. And for a few quid less you can have the option of adding a stanchion/pillar/post to that view too. Good grief. 

• Admin
15 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

So are the issues with views a consequence of all-seater requirements?  In other words, does the view become unrestricted if everyone is standing?  Anyone know?  Just interested to know the reasons because you surely wouldn't design a stand with such bad views, even in Victorian times!

Can only assume that it became a problem when seats were installed - from the front rows it's now hard to see the near goal line, guess it wasn't a problem if you were stood up?

Archived