IGNORED

The Nightmare Scenario

old_eastender

3 hours ago, old_eastender said:

We lose each of our next 3 games by a single goal, MKD (who have Brentford H, Ipswich A, Forest H) win each of theirs by a single goal. We finish on 48 pts with -23 GD, they finish on 48 pts with -22 GD. We are relegated and ko next season with Accrington Stanley at AG with stadium not even half full. Meanwhile the Gas make automatic promotion and the pi55 taking is unbearable.

Yikes!

If this happens (it won't), but if it does, I will be miserable and angry for a very long time. Anyway, we're going to win at Blackburn on Saturday. 

Let's face it, while it is not impossible, it certainly can't be dismissed.  Of course it's unlikely that MKDons will win their last three, but if they win on Saturday they will believe that they can do it.  Similarly, if we lose on Saturday (which frankly would not be a great surprise if we replicate last night's second half) then we will be feeling very nervous indeed.  MK Dons six points behind with two games to play and potentially a better goal difference, and with two final matches against teams with nothing to play for, is not a scenario which would make me feel comfortable.  I would certainly not want to go to QPR on the final day needing a point, so the Blackburn match is now a lot more important than we might have imagined before last Saturday.  MK Dons fans are rallying on their forums.  They know that they are not dead and buried yet.   That goal difference could do for us yet, damn it.

20 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

I was just thinking that . Mk dons are winning us and Blackburn are drawing 5 minutes to go . Could we see a non attacking last 5 mins from both sides

I was just thinking, us and Blackburn are drawing after 30 seconds , could we see a non attacking 89 minutes 30 seconds from both sides............

.....PLEASE??????

I don't consider myself a "forum villain" at all. Outspoken maybe which means that people don't necessarily agree with me particularly regarding Gary Johnson but as time has passed more forum users are coming around to my opinion on him.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I don't consider myself a "forum villain" at all. Outspoken maybe which means that people don't necessarily agree with me particularly regarding Gary Johnson but as time has passed more forum users are coming around to my opinion on him.

I wouldn't say you're outspoken. I think it's more to do with the whole 'GJ thing'

Don't think they are.. He's just won another league. Your opinion on him is based on getting caught out and an unhealthy grudge you've harboured for a decade. 

3 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Nope, the quality of the Derby offensive unit (2nd half) last night cost us a point.  Nice one, Thatch.

Absolutely spot on.

Although I'd say that most of the game Derby looked a different class there's no way we set up to go for a point.

Unless that's what we did at Brentford too.

Two good goals for last night, two shaky ones against and a classy move and finish from Ince.

No way will we not get a point/MK Dons get 9 and an improved goal difference. Absolute nonsense.

Stay off the Natch, Natch. Enjoy your summer and look forward to the ride in August...

A Bristol Derby next season? Not a chance :fingerscrossed:

He was there last night. Sat between two good looking birds. One was Marina. Was the other one you RR? :whistle:

23 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

:)

Was interesting to see Smith and Pack both sitting between Flint and Baker again and again last night...what was all that about?

One up front....ball came back over and over again. Koj did brilliantly all by himself at times. Still can't understand why he signed Wingie but just put's him on the bench.

Still can't see any pattern of play from LJ. Massive summer for him.

None of you agree, but hey that's the point of a forum, if we agreed it would be pretty boring.

City to loose at Blackburn and QPR, but will beat Huddersfield, thats a prediction. But would like this season over on Saturday.

What was it about? Probably because we were playing one of the best attacking sides in the league and neither centre half is comfortable with the ball at feet. But to say we were defensive/negative overall last night is well wide of the mark IMO  

It is a big summer - he hasn't had much chance to shape the squad into 'his squad' and deserves the time to do so before being criticised too heaviliy - you can only work with what you have and we have an imbalanced squad lacking depth at this point. 

2 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

I didn't say we were defensive or negative. I see you noticed it too regarding Pack and Smith. Having both that far back means even less of an option to move out with a pass. I think Smith was struggling and wasn't even fit, this may of been the reason he dropped so deep.

Let's hope LJ has his shopping list written already with championship experience throughout.

So the below was accusing us of being defensive/negative(!) :

5 hours ago, Thatch35 said:

LJ playing 'safe' last night cost us a point. One up front.....waste of time. Invited pressure. Nice one LJ.

It certainly reads that way. 

LJ has already alluded to setting plans for recruitment in place once we're officially safe. Let's all hope lessons were learned from last summer and we can get some business done early. 

3 hours ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Maybe you should soften the blow and take a £20 bet on the above, you could take yourself and the family to the Caribbean with the winnings... Or more likely be a £20 sheet down the pan!!

No I'll do it. The best way to guarantee it doesn't happen is for me to bet on it. I am a terrible punter :(

6 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

He's already sanctioned one signing......Wilbs......what a joke.

Actually, Wilbraham had a clause in his contract that gave him another year based on games played this season - a contract negotiated long before LJ's arrival. I suspect you know that already and are choosing to gloss over that detail.

Bit even if he did have a say - he's an experienced pro in a threadbare squad and unless we're pulling strikers out of our arseholes, no-one should be leaving without suitable replacements AND cover being signed. 

13 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Actually, Wilbraham had a clause in his contract that gave him another year based on games played this season - a contract negotiated long before LJ's arrival. I suspect you know that already and are choosing to gloss over that detail.

Bit even if he did have a say - he's an experienced pro in a threadbare squad and unless we're pulling strikers out of our arseholes, no-one should be leaving without suitable replacements AND cover being signed. 

I'm sure the doctor can prescribe cream for that.

To soften the blow put £50 on MK and Blackburn to win on Sat' and if it comes up whack it all on MK and Hudders' the following week and it if that's a winner whack it all on MK and QPR the following week, would return 1000s and soften the blow slightly

6 hours ago, Thatch35 said:

He's already sanctioned one signing......Wilbs......what a joke.

What is your ******* problem? You do realise that the extra year for Wilbs was written into a contract before LJ was here? It has nothing to do with him sanctioning anything. 

6 hours ago, harrys said:

To soften the blow put £50 on MK and Blackburn to win on Sat' and if it comes up whack it all on MK and Hudders' the following week and it if that's a winner whack it all on MK and QPR the following week, would return 1000s and soften the blow slightly

So if I started with a pound (because I can't afford to start with £50), anyone hazard a guess how much I'd end up with if it happened?! It's a tempting insurance policy!

13 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

Calm down mate, its only a discussion forum, don't take things to heart. Yes, it was written in to the contract, but why play him to trigger the clause. A waste of wages which could of been used on someone else. Not good business on City's part.

Because, wether you like it or not, he's one of only two options upfront. He's going to get played no matter what.

22 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

@Thatch35 making a serious effort to challenge @Robbored for the role as forum villain. 

I wonder if they have a mutual respect due to their shared passion to hate all things Johnson?

By the Grace of Allah, if only I knew how to set up a poll on OTIB........!

The beauty of One Team is that it's a really broad church, with a place for all sections of the City fan spectrum (including nobs like me!!) and long may that continue.  I love you all xxxx  :farmer:

Archived