IGNORED

The Nightmare Scenario

old_eastender

1 hour ago, Thatch35 said:

Calm down mate, its only a discussion forum, don't take things to heart. Yes, it was written in to the contract, but why play him to trigger the clause. A waste of wages which could of been used on someone else. Not good business on City's part.

Honestly you make things worse for yourself I really think you should take a little time to think before you sit at the keyboard and write this nonsense. As CityARAW pointed out above, we are hardly blessed with options plus he has played well and provided assists and a goal or two. I can only imagine what your reaction would be if LJ came out and said we can't play a player who has a significant impact on games when he plays, because we don't want to trigger a clause in his contract. His job is pick the best team available and utilise the substitutes as he sees fit during the game, not play politics and jeopardise the teams chances.

It might, or might not be good business, but he had no part in that business, it would also appear that there is no one left at the club who did. I am sure that wont stop you booing that decision though. 

6 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

At the end of the day LJ should I signed a striker right from the start. And when he eventually did (with premiership quality) he dosent play him. Going back, SC should of signed another striker or two. There is no way they would of planned to have AW for anther season. This season was the bonus for him. 

All in all, AW is delighted, but if LJ signs the players we need AW won't even feature and will just take the cash. Not very good business.

Its not nonsense, its my point of view, you disagree...fair enough. 

What about the influence an experienced player like Wilbraham has on the dressing room? He's a great role model for the younger players and he's done just about everything there is at the lower levels of the game (where we still are).

The fact of the matter is that Lee Johnson has won half the games he's taken charge of at City and Wilbraham has featured in all of them. You can hold whatever point of view you like but others are free to point out that your opinion is nonsense and I'm afraid that the facts are not on your side.

4 hours ago, BCFC_Dan said:

What about the influence an experienced player like Wilbraham has on the dressing room? He's a great role model for the younger players and he's done just about everything there is at the lower levels of the game (where we still are).

The fact of the matter is that Lee Johnson has won half the games he's taken charge of at City and Wilbraham has featured in all of them. You can hold whatever point of view you like but others are free to point out that your opinion is nonsense and I'm afraid that the facts are not on your side.

Wilbraham is past it at this level and will only be enjoying next season here due to the clause-he would have been gone otherwise.of course,the fact that he will be here its only self interest to utilize him in any way beneficial to the club.

• Admin
23 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

So if I started with a pound (because I can't afford to start with £50), anyone hazard a guess how much I'd end up with if it happened?! It's a tempting insurance policy!

Just stick the pound on us getting relegated, 250/1 at bet365.

3 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Just stick the pound on us getting relegated, 250/1 at bet365.

..... and then go back in time, and do a multiplier with Leicester to win the Prem.

DO NOT be greedy and go for Corbyn for PM: it will never happen.

:nono:

Uncle TFR

On 20/04/2016 at 12:07, Thatch35 said:

:)

Was interesting to see Smith and Pack both sitting between Flint and Baker again and again last night...what was all that about?

One up front....ball came back over and over again. Koj did brilliantly all by himself at times. Still can't understand why he signed Wingie but just put's him on the bench.

Still can't see any pattern of play from LJ. Massive summer for him.

None of you agree, but hey that's the point of a forum, if we agreed it would be pretty boring.

City to loose at Blackburn and QPR, but will beat Huddersfield, thats a prediction. But would like this season over on Saturday.

Perhaps you don't see a pattern of play from LJ because he said for now getting the result is the most important thing. Or maybe because you choose not to, as Radio Bristol have noted a pattern from him and they're incompetent.

On 4/20/2016 at 12:07, Thatch35 said:

:)

Was interesting to see Smith and Pack both sitting between Flint and Baker again and again last night...what was all that about?

One up front....ball came back over and over again. Koj did brilliantly all by himself at times. Still can't understand why he signed Wingie but just put's him on the bench.

Still can't see any pattern of play from LJ. Massive summer for him.

None of you agree, but hey that's the point of a forum, if we agreed it would be pretty boring.

City to loose at Blackburn and QPR, but will beat Huddersfield, thats a prediction. But would like this season over on Saturday.

Which is it....City to lose at Blackburn, or City too loose at Blackburn ?

On 04/20/2016 at 20:46, ChippenhamRed said:

So if I started with a pound (because I can't afford to start with £50), anyone hazard a guess how much I'd end up with if it happened?! It's a tempting insurance policy!

Even with a pound you'd be looking at a good return of a few grand. It's essentially a 6 game accumulator where you're picking the underdog probably most of the time.

Basically I'd keep your pound.

What is all this nonsense - I'd normally say bullocks but that often gets deleted.

There's absolutely no way this talked about by some nightmare scenario - us going down - is going to happen.

We're safe. Have been for months. Since SC got the chop - I can hear many moaning "here that C Nut goes again" ;)

Nightmare scenario is waking up and finding out I've been in a long deep sleep and SC is still here....

Up the City. We'll be safe by this time tomorrow. Or next weekend :fingerscrossed:

8 hours ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

What is all this nonsense - I'd normally say bullocks but that often gets deleted.

There's absolutely no way this talked about by some nightmare scenario - us going down - is going to happen.

We're safe. Have been for months. Since SC got the chop - I can hear many moaning "here that C Nut goes again" ;)

Nightmare scenario is waking up and finding out I've been in a long deep sleep and SC is still here....

Up the City. We'll be safe by this time tomorrow. Or next weekend :fingerscrossed:

Forget that, nightmare scenario is waking up and finding that we are still in the League 1 relegation zone under Sean O Driscoll!!!

I pretty much relaxed and celebrated being safe after the Sheffield Wednesday game but now looking at the remaining fixtures, I just have a slight 1% niggling doubt in my mind. We have a terrible record against Blackburn (4 losses in 4 games) and it would only take a defeat there plus a lucky break from MK or a jaded "already on the beach" performance from Brentford for it to become six points. Then suddenly everybody would get the jitters ahead of the Huddersfield match. I'd imagine that if not today, we'd be able to wrap up safety in that one but you know.... This is Bristol City. As long as its still a possibility, we have to be cautious. Anybody have any valium?

13 minutes ago, Cotham Brow Red said:

With us and Blackburn both knowing a point is needed to settle our seasons really do not think we need to worry. Let's say it's not going to be a classic game today I think.

Blackburn are safe already, MK Dons won't overturn a 23 goal difference in 3 games.  

11 hours ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

;)

The nightmare scenario would be waking up and finding you're a Rovers supporter!

This scenario simply does not exist; if we cannot pick up one single point from the next 3 games with our current form, and MK Dons win all 3 of their games, then all of our players should retire on the spot, and MK Dons would be in serious breach of FA rules for having signed an entire new team of ringers.

11 minutes ago, cynic said:

I agree, that Derby result coupled with MKs draw at Sheffield has dumped us right back into the mire.

It aint over yet..

A five goal advantage can turn into a one goal advantage with two 2-0 results today going against us - which isn't beyond the realms of possibility.

I'd hate for us to go into the last two games nervously as, if MK win and we lose, they will be buzzing for their last two.

Lets hope we can get at least a draw today and put it to bed, but we may well be relying on Brentford to do us a favour...

Goal difference over the next 3 games is immaterial in the context of relegation.  It is as simple as, we lose 3 and they win 3, we go down.  The shorelines don't matter.  Our goal-diff will go down by a minimum of three, there's will go up by a minimum of three, therefore 5 goals difference today is overturned.

Anyway it ain't gonna happen. 

(f you're that worried put a £1 on it, as long as you're prepared to lose a a £1.

4 hours ago, pongo88 said:

The nightmare scenario would be waking up and finding you're a Rovers supporter!

That's a distinct possibility. Don't tell anyone Pongo but I've watched the Rovers a few times - Eastville when I was a young 'un. And I actually went to Anfield to see them too.

Not up there with when we went and won, but nevertheless........

Archived